6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   My 911 Cab build after test driving 911 base cab, s cab , coupe and new boxster S (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/280415-my-911-cab-build-after-test-driving-911-base-cab-s-cab-coupe-new-boxster-s.html)

casaforte9 07-04-2012 02:29 PM

My 911 Cab build after test driving 911 base cab, s cab , coupe and new boxster S

Hi Guys,
I was invited to Porsche unveilings so was able to test drive 911 s coupe and can, 911 base cab and new 981 boxster S

A) 911 cab was as good to drive as coupe
B) 911 s power was fantastic but I was more than satisfied with base 911 power delivery and Std suspension on 19s was very pliant, base and S have nice exhaust but PSE is even more better :)

C) interestingly the new 981 Boxster S engine feels stodgy at lower revs compared to base 911 engine ; The 981 Box is more grown up and looks much better than my 987 boxster but 981 still did not feel as satisfying to drive as 991 911 cab/coupe. I like the regular steering over steering plus , The std steering in 911 imo was better than std steering in new boxster

D) The new powered wind deflector in 911 is very effective in proving a draft free drive and better than the new box s top down which is similar to my 987 boxster.

So here i am with 911 base cab options that I am building
1) 911 base cab black , Triple black PDK, Front and rear parking sensors
2) Premium package with adaptive sport seats ( love these over std seats) and add ventilated seats
not sure if premium plus is worth another 900 for entry, drive and interior lighting and cornering lights- what do you guys think?
3) PSE
4) Sport steering wheel with paddles
5 Thinking of base standard audio and add XM; Not sure if Bose is worth another $1700 for Bose and HD audio - Any feedback will be appreciated on Bose and std audio

Thx in advance for your feedback

nicoff 07-04-2012 04:10 PM

HD radio stations do sound better than regular radio stations. However, there may not be HD radio stations where you live that you regularly listen to.
When you refer to the $1,700 for Bose, in reality you are referring to a package that includes three things: the Bose stereo itself, the XM tuner, plus the HD tuner. You can buy all three things separately or you can buy the "bose package" that incudes all three and save a little. FWIW, the Bose stereo in the 991 is better than that in the 997, but depending on your taste the base stereo may do it for you. If you can, take a favorite CD to your dealer and play it on both (base and Bose) then decide.

stevelms 07-04-2012 06:01 PM

On the entry/drive I would only offer that I stubbornly did not spring for this feature on my Pnamera Turbo and now regret it. Wife's A8 has this feature and it rocks... stop futzing with keys buried in pockets, get in, and drive.