Well I dropped off my 991S for sunroof issues.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Well I dropped off my 991S for sunroof issues.....

Well, everything was going perfect until my metal sunroof no longer is working, it doesn't slide back or tilt or close (it's closed btw) and I got a nail in my rear tire. I guess I'm the first to have this issue because I tried a search and got nothing back! Oh well, there's always got to be a first! I will keep in touch about the repair. Anyway, I told dealer to patch tire, anybody agree with that?

Joe

Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM
konstantin is on a distinguished road
Sucks.
Yah I would ask them too

Old 09-10-2012, 06:26 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear that JPSJR. Having had the coolant valve failure, I can appreciate your disappointment. The good news is it will be fixed and you'll get your baby back!

Hope the tire is repairable or you have insurance.

ChuckJ

Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JPSJR
Anyway, I told dealer to patch tire, anybody agree with that?
Last I checked PCNA policy is to not do any tire repairs -- it's replacement only. If that's still the case, I'd take it to a reputable tire shop and have it patched properly from the inside for $30-50 rather than buy a new tire.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
No matter what the speed rating is no longer valid on a tire that has been patched. If it is a small leak I'd have it patched from the inside as already stated. A good dealer will do this method anyway. How many miles on it?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 PM
surathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these partssurathdp is infamous around these parts
100k + car - don't skimp on a tire. Just pay $350 and buy a new tire.
It's a Porsche. U want to be able drive it like one without worries

Old 09-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, first the cost of a new tire is $650.00 for the rear tire. Trust me, I'm far from being cheap, it's a small finishing nail take I know can be patched especially when it's dead center. Dealer even said patch it, it's really a small repair. My bigger concern is that I'm being told that they are going to start taking apart car to find issue, that could be a pain because you know it never goes back 100%, I hate to hear squeaks and crap as I'm driving. Thanks everyone.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by surathdp
$350.00 for a rear tire? I guess you haven't checked the prices on the 20" tires.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by surathdp
$350.00 for a rear tire? I guess you haven't checked the prices on the 20" tires.
I agree! Lmao!!! The cheapest for that rear tire NO Pirelli goes for $562.00 at TireRack!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Airdoc will become famous soon enough
If you are going to take the car to the track, even just to try it once, then you should spring for the new tire. If the car is going to stay on public roads, but accidentally see speeds above the posted limit on rare occasion, then a repair should be fine.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 AM
dr.skp.ortho will become famous soon enough
For a small nail a repair is sufficient even for track work.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:00 PM
NeunElf will become famous soon enough
I agree! Lmao!!! The cheapest for that rear tire NO Pirelli goes for $562.00 at TireRack!
That doesn't include shipping does it?

Gotta watch Tire Rack pricing and make sure you are comparing apples to apples...

Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 PM
No that does not include shipping, anyway, I got the car back today, tire replaced no charge, the sunroof issue fixed! Funny, they was a short in the line going to the motor of the sunroof, wire replaced, works like a dream! Drove it home like I stole it! I must say, first Porsche with PDK and it is awesome to drive especially when you hear that sport exhaust in your ears!

Joe

Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
No that does not include shipping, anyway, I got the car back today, tire replaced no charge, the sunroof issue fixed! Funny, they was a short in the line going to the motor of the sunroof, wire replaced, works like a dream! Drove it home like I stole it! I must say, first Porsche with PDK and it is awesome to drive especially when you hear that sport exhaust in your ears!

Joe
Complimentary tire replacement? Nice!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad it ended up being an easy fix, and nice work on the free tire. Sounds like you are working with a Great dealership.