Anyone ever deal with Newport Porsche in California?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Anyone ever deal with Newport Porsche in California?

Sales guy is a buffoon....

Me: "Do you have any of the new 991 S's I can take a look at?"

Sales guy: "No no. Sir. you mean 911. Not 991. We sell 911s"

Me: "Thanks. bye"

Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
it takes real personality to be a sales person. i hope his was better than his knowledge of the product.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
I find most car salesman, regardless of brand, are not nearly as knowledgeable about their cars as I expect them to be. It's especially sad at a company like Porsche where there are only a few different models.

Last edited by MayorAdamWest; 01-27-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM
EnriqueCK is on a distinguished road
Would love to know if anyone at their shop logs in here...

Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Yes my salesman had issues showing all entry/drive features on my delivery last wk..these guys are no porschefiles...

Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Was that "Power Porsche" in Newport? I have been there while visiting NPB I needed the service people to check out something on my 2012 997.2 Turbo S. They drove it into the shop and attended to it immediately. So the service people seemed pretty knowledgeable. I do admit though I was looking little scuffed up (unshaved, baseball hat, ripped jeans and very old Nikes) and walked around the showroom while they were checking out my car. I happen to be looking at a 2013 Turbo S cab in the showroom. Again I not looking too pristine. So a sales guy comes up to me and asks me what I needed. Not if he could help me. So I guess based on my appearance it was evident that he thought I was lost and why I was there as opposed to if I was a potential buyer. I just told him I am OK and didn't need any help. However after he walked away just to **** him off I open the door on the cab even though the top was down. He looked back at me as if I was going to steal the car.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 AM
huy
huy will become famous soon enough
hah, newport porsche is awful.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:09 AM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Precision Auto
Go to Walters Porsche and ask for Ed McRae....tell him Gus the ClearPlex guy sent you!
I agree. Great dealer. My car is on order from them now and they have been great to deal with. They are also big supporters of our local PCA driving program and many of the staff (including Ed) are at our events driving their own Porsches.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
In my experience their sales department is awful.

I did; however, need to use their service department in a pinch and found them to be very helpful, honest, and easy to deal with.

I've had great experiences with Walter's (who is also a big supporter of the OC chapter of the PCA) and Hoehn in Carlsbad (where I bought and had my 911 serviced).

Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Walter's is wonderful. Ed is top notch. Justin in service is/was a mechanic for Porsches before so he really knows his stuff.

Newport Beach Porsche is the worst dealer bar none. The service department hit my new then Boxster into the side of a sign. I saw it happen, and the porter decided he would try to buff it out...

I won't even go into the sales department...

Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
As with any dealership, there will be guys that are knowledgeable, and those that may need a refresher on what they're selling. I deal with Newport Auto as a vendor and as a client. If you want good sales experience, just go to the 2nd in command, Dan Camouche. He sold us our Cayenne and I've referred several clients to him and all had positive experience. If you want service, talk to Dennis Codd. Mention 6speed and Moe to either of them and you can go in there with your pajamas and you'll get 5-star treatment. I know Dan does read up on these forums, so good feedback here.

Walters is also a good supporter of the club and has excellent service. In the end, as in life, if you know the right people, you'll get good service. And it's about the relationship. If you're local, it pays to build a relationship with your dealer...both in sales and service.

Last edited by MoeMistry; 02-01-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 AM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
power for sales is probably the worst, but for service I must say they very well could be the best in california, some of the technicians have been there for 30+ years and they can make my turn head turn in circles if I ask them to beast out my 911.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:18 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Horrible initial experience with Power/Newport Beach, CA

They are closest to me in orange county, CA so I figured it wouldn't matter since I'm ordering... My "attempted" experience was via initial internet contact and I'm pretty sure these guys loose a ton of business and don't even realize it...

When I did my initial contact via one of the sites (I think it was Edmunds or one of the others) I ended up getting replies from Newport beach, Walters in Riverside and Circle in Long beach (all southern California)..

Circle and Walters contacted me within the hour.. After a couple of days, someone name "Twe" finally emailed me.. Was completely clueless... didn't answer any of my most basic of questions.. What answers I got were incomplete and partial and after a couple of days of waiting.. Finally when I was fed up waiting, I emailed a basic question for the second time, and eventually got a email back saying she was off for a few days.

All the other dealers quickly gave me basic numbers on % discount off of MSRP.. She wouldn't even share ballpark pricing and when she finally did it was a joke..... Her lack of interest in someone buying a $120K car astounded me...

What cemented my opinion is that I got a follow up email from the general manager asking how I was treated.. And of course I was honest about being left hanging.. And didn't even ever hear back.. So that kind of tells you the attention to customers. And I have to tell you I'm not particularly demanding or high maintenance. Just asking basic questions and price..

So, from that perspective I can only assume that Power/Newport Beach is poorly managed... So I personally will never set foot again there, sales or service.. even though it is 5 miles from my house..

I've been dealing with Walters in Riverside (which is about 50 mile drive and horrible to get to from where I am during peak hours) and have been treated absolutely wonderful.. No pressure, easy going experience.. and a first for me is that I have actually enjoyed the experience (Bob Caruso has been helping me and so far I give the experience an "A").

So even though it is a pain to drive out there for me... I've found the sales experience so far really good (And I hate car dealer experience normally).

I realize it is all anecdotal.... but my $.02...

Last edited by scatkins; 08-28-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Walter's is a good dealership from the sales side to the service side.

I would try DTLA Porsche too. I have a great contact there who is no hassle and will not waste your time.

PM me if you guys want the reference.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM
onedae is on a distinguished road
I highly recommend Circle Porsche in Long Beach, I've bought 2 911's there and have always had excellent experience. See Eric Ernst in sales.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever deal with Newport Porsche in California?