Notices
Sponsored by:

Engine stumble/hesitation around 2500 RPM?

Old 01-30-2018, 01:39 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
I think first we need to figure out what the hell the problem is. As it stands now, Porsche just thinks it's "normal". Until we can point to the exact part that when replaced solves the problem, I don't think there's much to be done.

I'm continuing my investigation. Next step is doing an intake valve cleaning to see if the DFI carbon buildup is affecting airflow. Once that is ruled out (I'm sure that's not going to solve it), it'll be on to the throttle body for diagnostics. So at least I have my short term plan prepared.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:25 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
don't know if this was ever discussed, but wonder if a cobb tune would help at all

Old 01-30-2018, 02:30 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BT1 View Post
Between this and all the traffic on rennlist how has there not been a lawsuit to force Porsche to do a recall...I mean there has to be at least one damn lawyer driving a 991 right ?
Being a distinct feeling / sensation which DOES NOT affect the safety of the car (but is certainly "annoying"), I suspect that not too many lawyers would touch "annoying" with a barge pole

Also kinda tough when the official position has been "operating as intended" and "driving as designed". This pathetic corporate stance dates back to when the problem first appeared in late 997's.