991 Turbo - Official Pictures/Info

Old 05-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
991 Turbo - Official Pictures/Info

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/fr...turbo-revealed

i think it looks great. surprised that they went with that wheel design. also surprised that they revealed the turbo s in addition.... they arent wasting any time!

semi-off topic comment: i think its interesting that they gave the turbo DRLs the outline LED look. its the same LEDs that the current panamera turbo/turbo s have when the headlights are on. the turbo s has the four LED dots in the headlight lamps which is the same DRL for the cayenne turbo/panamera turbo (and now the 991 GT3). then again, it is nice to differentiate the turbo and turbo s during the day. (not like it matters anyway... carreras/gt3s/turbos all look the same to many people... ha)

Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
ahh... forgive me as there is already a thread in the 991 turbo section that i missed. mods feel free to delete this thread -- thanks

Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 AM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the link to the P Micro site, I believe it's ok for us at the 991 forum to have our own little discussion ourside the Turbo forum

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911-turbo/international.aspx

I went from a 997.2 to the 991 CS and the only thing I'm missing in the CS is the massive kick the Turbo would produce. On the track the turbo was harder to throttle steer because of the turbo lack, however on the straights....WOW that they only word I have for it.

I really don't know if I'm going to get the Turbo when it arrives, but it would probably be stupid to go test drive it if I want to keep the CS

Last edited by opnielsen; 05-03-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
What is the headlight looking thing in the center of the bumper?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 AM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
What is the headlight looking thing in the center of the bumper?
I believe it's the cruise control sensor

Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Only 149k if you are interested in the Turbo... :-)

50k more than a C2S is pretty hefty to me.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by opnielsen

Could be adaptive cruise control, where it backs off the gas as you approach a car from behind if it's in or suddenly drifts into your lane. That technology also enables lane departure alert with stick shaker; which can vibrate your wheel if you start to drift into the next lane. Don't know if the car has those, but at the speeds and quickness this car can produce, probably not a bad idea for Autobahn cruising.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
adaptive cruise control on a 911 Turbo? WTF - who needs that? But reading about this thing, I want one. Maybe in a few years?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:54 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by frank69m
Only 149k if you are interested in the Turbo... :-)

50k more than a C2S is pretty hefty to me.
that sure is hefty. But that's a huge torque improvement at the lower revs. And AWD to boot.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I like it but not sure if the design lines completely resonate with me...I'm sure in person it'd look just awesome!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
The GT3 looks like a bargain here at almost $20K less. Porsche missed the mark here with the Turbo IMHO.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by opnielsen

My wife driver a Audi Q7 with adaptive cruise and there is nothing like that on the front.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
The Turbo S is at $181,100 ..... Yikes.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Good point on the GT3. GT3 looks just absolutely bad - a*s !! I tell ya, I'd order a GT3. They look great in white. So does the Turbo.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
NO manual..... Yikes...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo - Official Pictures/Info