Removing Stickers from Sun Visor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 PM
billco is on a distinguished road
Removing Stickers from Sun Visor

Does anyone have a good method for removing the Warning stickers from the sun visors?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I soaked rubbing alcohol onto a cotton swab and held it against the edge of the sticker for about five minutes (it tends to evaporate quickly hehe, so keep it wet) - after this I was able to pull up gently on the edge of the sticker and work the soaked cotton swab underneath the edge a bit.

Slowly and I mean slowly, perhaps took 40 minutes each side, worked the stickers off with the alcohol swab loosening the adhesive. Tried to keep the stickers together without tearing while doing this, but of course, it's not perfect. Good luck, I love the car without those awful yellow warning things.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Just use 91% rubbing alcohol (no less than 91%)
Soak a waxing pad with alcohol and just rub the sun visors for a few minutes. After that, simply peel off the stickers.
The easiest way is to start from a corner, delicately peel a complete side and the progress left to right (or right to left depending the side you started from...), pulling very gently, close to the sticker. Re-soak and re-rub during the process if the stickers are drying too much or do not come off easily enough.
No residue & no shiny spot. Looks a lot cleaner...

Has worked on many cars, including 2 991's.

Edit: LOL, Nicoli was posting the same answer with some additional tips at the same time I guess it should reassure the OP that this process works!

Attached Images  

Last edited by SM_ATL; 05-28-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:59 PM
97c2s993 is on a distinguished road
Did the same and worked for me...

Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 PM
billco is on a distinguished road
Thanks folks!

I used a similar process on a 997 and just kind of wanted to know if the same process would work on the newer cars. Sounds like it does.

Thanks again.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
did u guys remove the visors to do this?

Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 AM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
I believe itis a DOT violation to remove such stickers. Similiar to those sticker/tags on pillows

Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 AM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
No need to remove the visors. I used denatured alcohol, go slow, and don't get any alcohol on the visor mirror pins, because it doesn't play well with glue/adhesives.

If the cops bust you for removing the decals, you're having a really bad day

Last edited by fantom; 05-29-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MSCHWA3439
I believe itis a DOT violation to remove such stickers. Similiar to those sticker/tags on pillows
It is totally legal for consumers to remove "those sticker/tags" on pillows! The law pertains to commercial proprietors. It is even ok to remove the one in your underwear if it bothers you.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
It is totally legal for consumers to remove "those sticker/tags" on pillows! The law pertains to commercial proprietors. It is even ok to remove the one in your underwear if it bothers you.
what?! wait! running to the bathroom now to fix the underwear stickers.

I will also remove them from my mattress!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
LOL, Nicoli
haha, nodnod. I should have used your higher-strength alcohol

Old 11-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Thanks for the 91% tip. Worked like a charm.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:49 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MSCHWA3439
Crap. Are there Sunvisor Police?!?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
how do you get a ticket for removing this? lol
hahahahahah

Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Sounds like you are in a sticky situation!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removing Stickers from Sun Visor