Porsche Driving School Video, Birmingham, Alabama

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:14 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche Driving School Video, Birmingham, Alabama

For those of you that may have an interest, here is a short video of the Barber Track and layout of the course at the Porsche Sport Driving School in Birmingham, AL. The two day course is a lot of fun and quite educational with a good amount of track time in 2013 Boxsters, 2013 Caymans and mostly the 2013 991S. Most everyone in our class last week intendeds to enroll in the more advanced Masters Course in the near future. In addition it is a great experience fun racing with other Porsche owners/lovers.

I am not in anyway affiliated with school other than attending the class at my own personal expense.

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/91...47997.mp4.html

Last edited by windboat; 07-25-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Very, very cool. I'm signed up for the 2-day course on Nov. 5 & 6. Does it include the video keepsake or did you bring your own cameras to achieve that? Thanks for posting!

Old 07-25-2013, 03:06 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Very, very cool. I'm signed up for the 2-day course on Nov. 5 & 6. Does it include the video keepsake or did you bring your own cameras to achieve that? Thanks for posting!
This clip is one of their drivers in a demo tape, they do record you in car on last day on a thumb drive which is yours to keep (this demo was on thumb drive as well). Your personal recording is mostly of you at the wheel with little outside track capture. Most all of the track time is solo driving (following instructor car, he is talking/coaching you on two radio all the the time) by student at progressively aggressive handling and speed over the two days. All instructors are PRO drivers. You will really enjoy it....

They have recorders/cameras in the cars

Last edited by windboat; 07-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
What do you folks think of this invention? Porsche could use a combination of existing technologies to equip their track training cars to display the perfect line in a head's up display. This would enable student drivers to concentrate on following the perfect line into and out of turns and corners and enable them to see where their instincts might have led them off the line, allowing them instant feedback on the track. So, what do you think?

Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
What do you folks think of this invention? Porsche could use a combination of existing technologies to equip their track training cars to display the perfect line in a head's up display. This would enable student drivers to concentrate on following the perfect line into and out of turns and corners and enable them to see where their instincts might have led them off the line, allowing them instant feedback on the track. So, what do you think?
I think you need to get to an engineer and a patent attorney Sounds good to me

Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Driven the track and it's a blast. Nice curves with elevation changes.