991 Vendor Classifieds Vendors post your classifieds here

Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
AWE SwitchPath exhaust sound

Posted this in my Journal, but thought it could be helpful in this thread as well...

We have been on a quick mountain run early this Sunday and recorded a couple of video clips to give a better idea of the sound of the AWE SwitchPath exhaust.

The goal of the first video clip is to make you hear the difference between the 'quiet' and the 'loud' mode in the cabin. The quality of the recording is not great, but I think it shows that the quiet mode is comparable to stock and the loud mode is definitely more present than the PSE.

This second clip was recorded in loud mode only. Too much noise from the wind though.

In order to get a better sound quality, I mounted my GoPro on the rear bumper and used an external microphone:

By now you probably understand why I like this exhaust...

If you have more time, here is a full 7min clip...

Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Do you need an "authorized" installer or can/will any dealer/mechanic do the work? Also, does the exhaust system in anyway conflict or possible void the manufacturers warranty?

Old 02-10-2014, 07:55 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by addysdaddy
Do you need an "authorized" installer or can/will any dealer/mechanic do the work? Also, does the exhaust system in anyway conflict or possible void the manufacturers warranty?
In my case, my local shop took care of it. It is 100% bolt on (my experience is with a car that already had PSE) and it is a straightforward swap. If you have a way to lift your car and have a little bit of experience, it can even be a DIY. The exhaust comes with detailed installation instructions.

The warranty piece is always a tricky part, but basically, the car does not 'see' anything different from a Porsche exhaust. Maybe less back pressure in loud mode and a bit more power in the mid range, but nothing that could reasonably lead to warranty issue IMHO (no change in wiring, software, cats, etc.).
Also, the exhaust retains the OEM mufflers and headers, and the operating mode is similar to PSE, so it would be hard for Porsche to claim that it created issues. I went for it considering that warranty would not be an issue given the nature of the mod.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by addysdaddy
We always recommend that you visit an Authorized installation center, but any good mechanic should be able to do the job.

In terms of warranty, the system does not alter any emissions equipment in any way, and works in conjunction with existing Porsche hardware so under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act you will be protected. With that said, we always recommend talking to your dealer before performing any modifications.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:01 PM
jerryk991 will become famous soon enoughjerryk991 will become famous soon enough
Do you have a system for a base 991 without sport exhaust?

Old 02-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jerryk991
Do you have a system for a base 991 without sport exhaust?
Hey Jerry,

We do not offer a system for the base 991 at this time. If anything changes, I will be sure to let you know!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM
CarAholic will become famous soon enoughCarAholic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
In my case, my local shop took care of it. It is 100% bolt on (my experience is with a car that already had PSE) and it is a straightforward swap. If you have a way to lift your car and have a little bit of experience, it can even be a DIY. The exhaust comes with detailed installation instructions.

The warranty piece is always a tricky part, but basically, the car does not 'see' anything different from a Porsche exhaust. Maybe less back pressure in loud mode and a bit more power in the mid range, but nothing that could reasonably lead to warranty issue IMHO (no change in wiring, software, cats, etc.).
Also, the exhaust retains the OEM mufflers and headers, and the operating mode is similar to PSE, so it would be hard for Porsche to claim that it created issues. I went for it considering that warranty would not be an issue given the nature of the mod.
Very easy install you don't even need to lift the car, can be done entirely on the ground.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Will/AWE
Hey Jerry,

We do not offer a system for the base 991 at this time. If anything changes, I will be sure to let you know!

Will - FYI, there is nothing stopping your system, with tips, from fitting the base 911, it's just that the valves will be none functional. (don't know whether your's defaults to open or closed)

Gert at Carnewal, Cargraphic, and a few others make remote valve kits that would likely work - or the PSE plumbing can be retrofitted.

I suspect that is why - the retrofit is somewhat involved to make the valves work.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by kitw
I suspect that is why - the retrofit is somewhat involved to make the valves work.
Thanks for the heads up, and you are exactly correct in that last point. Since there are no valves, there is a bit more engineering work that needs to go into the system.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor
The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust- now with more options.

The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath Exhaust is now available with some new additions, namely a new Diamond Black tip option, and a special hardware bundle specifically for Non-PSE cars.

The new Diamond Black tip option

Perfect for those looking to add subtle aggression to the rear of their 991, while maintaining a stealth appearance. The 90mm Slash Cut Diamond Black Tip option features the AWE Tuning logo, and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. The AWE Tuning Diamond Black Tip option is the perfect finishing touch for the perfect 991 exhaust.

In summary, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath Exhaust is available with the following tip options:

• Chrome Silver 90mm Slash-Cut Tips
• Diamond Black 90mm Slash-Cut Tips
• No tips, for those looking to reuse their standard Porsche Tips

And now something for the Non-PSE crowd.

The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust has officially been confirmed to work on cars without the Porsche Sport Exhaust option. The AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust for non-PSE cars includes hardware specific required for installation on cars without PSE. PSE or not, we’re here for you.

Learn more about the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust right here.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1898839_10152213228728966_1773884743_o.jpg
Views:	1697
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	332841  
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 AM
For those who want to listen to the AWE switch path exhaust under more extreme conditions, here are is a video recorded at Road Atlanta last weekend.

Got a lot of compliments about the sound of the exhaust from folks on and around the track.

PS: It is interesting to look at the exhaust pipes: the 'quiet mode' pipe is still very clean as opposed to the 'loud mode' pipe after a track day. This illustrates that the valve system works well and that almost all of the exhaust gases follow -as expected- the path of least resistance, delivering better sound and performance.

Last edited by SM_ATL; 02-25-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
That sounds amazing Serge! Any in-car action from the trackday?

Old 02-25-2014, 11:16 AM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Awesome Serge! There's an angry overtone which I really like.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor

Diamond Black tips have officially landed.

Featuring the AWE Tuning logo and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage, The AWE Tuning Diamond Black Tip option is the perfect finishing touch for the perfect 991 exhaust.

Learn more about the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust, here.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	awe_991s_tips_black_1280.jpg
Views:	1927
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	339109  
Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds epic!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.