991 Vendor Classifieds Vendors post your classifieds here

Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:56 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 00spyder

The AWE is completely civilized with the valves closed. However, put it in sport with the valves open and the beast is unleashed. Be prepared, the car will scream and wake the neighbors (possibly the dead) with the valves open in sport mode at 5K+ RPM's. I love it.
I totally agree; The AWE SwitchPath exhaust has been putting a grin on my face for close to two years now.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:21 PM
MagicRat has a spectacular aura aboutMagicRat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
I totally agree; The AWE SwitchPath exhaust has been putting a grin on my face for close to two years now.
Did you notice any power/tq bump when the valves were open?

Old 01-19-2016, 12:58 PM
DocM is on a distinguished road
Gentlemen, your insights are really helpfu.
How loud is AWE vs PSE : 50%?
How is the sound inside the cabin with windows up?
Are the pops, cracks and burbles increased Significantly inside the car?

Old 01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
R Rated....it is not polite to say the least to post a competing product in a vendors thread...please do not do so...you can use pm if you are so concerned or start your own thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
R Rated....it is not polite to say the least to post a competing product in a vendors thread...please do not do so...you can use pm if you are so concerned or start your own thread
You're right. I wasn't trying to promote another product but rather give an example of volume vs stock/pse. It won't happen again. Thanks for deleting!

Old 01-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Thank you for your cooperation...I'm sure there are many threads here on 6speed that have links to exhaust comparison videos...a simple search should find those...if the specific exhaust is not found here a UTube search for a specific comparison should do the trick

Old 01-20-2016, 08:24 PM
00spyder is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DocM
Gentlemen, your insights are really helpfu.
How loud is AWE vs PSE : 50%?
How is the sound inside the cabin with windows up?
Are the pops, cracks and burbles increased Significantly inside the car?
With the valves closed, maybe 5% louder than stock. With vales open, it is at least 50% louder than PSE - probably like 75% once you get past 5K. It will be loud with the windows up or down, but is definitely louder with them open. The overrun pops and burbles can be heard clearly in the cabin, regardless of windows closed or open.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:26 AM
Things went very fast and I got lucky finding a ready to ship AWE Xpipe from TAG Motorsports. Then the 3 day shipping journey from California to Switzerland started...3 very long days but worth every single second.

Let me describe what I received:
1. Packaging and protection : very very professional!
2. X pipe quality, valves and welds : my comparison point is German brands : Cargraphic and FVD. I can assure you that AWE is at least as well made or event slightly better. I was worried about the welds finish and I have to say they're really well done.
3. Black diamond tips : these were not really on my wish list, but the only available Xpipe had to come with them so I said Yes. I can describe them in one word: aggressive beauties!! The kind of stuff that would look amazing on a Lambo or Ferrari. So no regrets at all.

Now...the real thing, WHAT ABOUT SOUND? OH MY GOD... Now my GTS is a mix of a GT3, a Ferrari 458 and a Jaguar F-Type (I tried all these cars in 2015). It sounds fantastic and very very aggressive.
1. Valves closed : as quiet as stock but deeper and "cleaner " sound. PERFECT!
2. Valves open :
- at idle : deep and throaty sound without intrusive vibration inside the Cabin. It reminds me of the Ferrari 458 exhaust note at idle.
- Revving at idle above 5000 rpms : very high pitch F1 type scream + crazy pops and bangs when you release throttle. SCARY SOUND but love it.
- crusing below 3000 rpms downtown as long as you are smooth on the throttle the sound is deep, you hear it with Windows up and it makes a lot of gurgles and pops when you release te throttle. I think I will keep it open 50% of the time in town.
- at WOT in sport mode : DRONE between 2500 and 4000 rpms!! That is my only regret... However once you reach 5000 rpms it sounds like a hybrid of GT3 and Ferrari 458 (inside the car, I have no idea on how it sounds outside).
- tunnel mode:...ORGASMIC. I cannot describe how good it is, I am sure few drivers got a heart attack yesterday. I will record a video for you guys pretty soon.

Bottom line : this system sounds fantastic but drones at WOT between 2500 and 4000 rpms. I hope my mechanic would fix it. Maybe he over tightened the bolts?! What are the torque specs for AWE X pipe? Any advice on how to find the cause of the drone and how to fix it?

I hope my review helps you guys before I can make a good quality video plus some nice pics.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Capsfan is on a distinguished road
Sorry if I missed this but is the X pipe an add to the PSE or in lieu of?

Old 01-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by Capsfan
Sorry if I missed this but is the X pipe an add to the PSE or in lieu of?
It's an and/or. If you have an S then it's easy to add the stock PSE button or for a non S then use the key FOB or spend more to add the factory button and have a valved exhaust.

If you already have PSE then this is a louder, better sounding replacement for the center section.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:40 AM
I already had PSE and the X pipe replaces the stock center muffler. When valves are open I would say AWE volume is x2 PSE. When valves are closed it's almost identical to stock.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:18 PM
Sounds like an upgrade I should try but I have been considering selling it. Thanks for the replies.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know AWE switch path X pipe bolts torque specs? I suspect the drone is due to over tightened bolts. Did anyone experience drone with valves open? Thank you.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Doc, check your inbox.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 02-02-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:03 PM
what does this part cost?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.