6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   991 issues update and lemon law filing (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/331769-991-issues-update-lemon-law-filing.html)

nmurray22 03-16-2014 07:33 AM

991 issues update and lemon law filing

Further to my 6 month review video on my 991 911 here is an update on the issues I have been having. Any advice anyone has would be most welcome. Thanks for watching

Nick

AllForTheCash 03-16-2014 07:57 AM

Sorry to hear about all your problems with the car and I hope it all works out.

The battery and electric "acid Smell" I have had in the past as well with another car brand. It turned out the battery and connectors were defective....causing all the problems "electrical" related.

Best of Luck.

GRGx3 03-16-2014 08:02 AM

Wow, that sucks. Good luck

dhill911 03-16-2014 08:02 AM

Nick,

Sorry for your troubles. I'd be doing the exact same thing. You have been more than patient, and understanding with your car. It's time Porsche replaces it. Best of luck.

Charcharius 03-16-2014 08:02 AM

Really enjoy your vids, Nick. I don't understand the hesitation to file lemon law, however. I don't think it's the dealer that would take it off the road, and Porsche won't know enough about your car to do it for you either. Protect yourself!

naples991 03-16-2014 08:02 AM

Man sorry to hear your having so many issues. But I would file paperwork to get a refund or have the car replaced.

Keep us all updated and good luck.

BTW can you say where you bought it since I bought my car in Connecticut also?

bboerit 03-16-2014 08:02 AM

Nick, so sorry to hear about your continuing issues. I've been following your videos... The degree of patience you display is remarkable... I'd be beyond ballistic by now...

If it is any consolation, I have a June 2013 build and except for the "brown spots" on the paint found at delivery (yes, I was the OP on that one), my car has been flawless so there are problem-free cars out there. There is no question you have a lemon and you are well beyond the parameters required by law.

My advice, give up trying to resolve the problems you have (your point of all the rattles because of the number of times things have been taken apart and put back together again... that alone would be enough for me to walk away), process the lemon law paperwork, and get yourself a new car. Life is too short and at $125k+ you are entitled to enjoy an (almost) problem free ride.

P.S. I took your advice and got the Lukas 7900 dash cam... Being installed next weekend...

Good luck and thank you for keeping us informed, it is most appreciated!

af330i 03-16-2014 08:19 AM

I just watched your update video, btw excellent video ... While watching it and seeing those problems I couldn't believe it. There is no doubt the car is a lemon, you sound like a very nice and patient person and I know you feel bad doing this but really it should be Porsche who feels bad.

Definitely continue to pursue the lemon law and I would not accept them trying to fix it because you will always have that distrust and fear that you will get stuck somewhere and your car won't start.

Wow just crazy .... Please keep us posted.

Haku 03-16-2014 08:21 AM

Nick, I am so sorry you have had all these problems with a car you obviously were so enthusiastic about. Your patience and fairness are commendable.

I am no lawyer and entirely inexperienced in matters relating to lemon law issues. I do know that PCNA need to step up and make this right. They need to do this without you going further down the legal route. Bearing in mind that this car appears to be unfixable, what are PCNA's options that would be acceptable? My question is to also to gain a better understanding of the the lemon law.

HotHonda 03-16-2014 08:25 AM

Nick....Have enjoyed your previous videos.

Time to say goodbye to this car - end of conversation.....

handfull 03-16-2014 08:29 AM

So, so sorry about your defective car. It IS time to take action.

PorscheCrazy 03-16-2014 08:42 AM

Nick - sorry to hear your ongoing issues. Know you love the car, but as others have said, you have been more than patient. Being you have not heard back from PCNA, I'd go ahead with filing. You should not have to go through such a bad experience.

ChuckJ 03-16-2014 09:06 AM

Nick:
I believe the last fix for the window was tightening a loose ground wire. Did that turn out not to fix the problem?
I don't think you should be getting 15.1 volts charging. That's probably why you are getting the acid smell. Max should be about 14.9 and only for short periods. High voltages can cause catastrophic problems with the battery including acid boil over, lowering the level and exposing the plates which in turn causes more issues.
You shouldn't have any problems with the arbitration. Just make sure that you follow the steps and provide exactly the evidence requested. That's all the arbitrator is paid to look for. He is not paid for his qualitative opinion, just to say you met the requirements. Remember my Honda was an intermittent backfiring in the intake manifold. When I got through with my presentation he said: "That was the most thorough presentation I've seen in my years of doing this". At that point the paid Honda consultant convinced him we should go for a ride to demonstrate the issue. After about 5-7 miles of trying to get it to backfire, I only got a very small one. Even after that he wrote a scathing report and recommended buyback of the car which was accomplished within 30 days. You have a much more demonstrative case than I had so I feel confident that you will get satisfaction.

Good luck resolving your problem. You should be congratulated for your patience!

ChuckJ

lunarx 03-16-2014 09:12 AM

Please proceede, you have no choice.
Its the dealers fault, for not fixing it.
Its not your fault.
By doing this you are helping all of us.
Porsche needs to be held to a higher standard of quality and service.
The problems with your car are not acceptable.

Im very curious what parts they replaced so far, considering so many problems still remain.

amerlemans 03-16-2014 09:30 AM

Like others have said, your patience is remarkable and commendable.

There are many near flawless 991s out there. Its not like you cannot get another one specced exactly like this one. With that being said, I'd move on with the filing for a host of reasons (not the least of which is the track record of this car when it's time to move on to the next one). I'd never think about buying a car with these nightmare issues. I'd get the service history and run like a madman from it.

Best of luck!!