Been gone for awhile...Where's nmurray22?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 06:28 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
M4s are getting big. More like a 2-door sports sedan really at this point. And I am a huge fan of both owning many BMWs and P-cars.

An M2 (not yet available) would be more like an M3. Plus I agree that the M4 styling is getting to be a little too much. More like a Camaro or Vette.

Last edited by naples991; 05-08-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:01 PM
AllForTheCash will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by speedsterr
I don't mean to insult the guy because I love his videos but he said he had to save 5 years to afford the car and he isn't "rich". So I'm confused. Someone who has to wait 5 years to afford a 145k car, then doesn't buy a m4 to sell it a year later for a TT/TTS which are super expensive.

I mean to take the depreciation and then buy an even way more expensive car says something to me.

Something doesn't add up here. But whatever. Definitely looking forward to all the videos he said he will try to make.
A lot of things didn't make sense with that porsche if you followed it. It all makes sense with the move to a whole new car.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:02 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AllForTheCash
A lot of things didn't make sense with that porsche if you followed it. It all makes sense with the move to a whole new car.
What he claims doesn't make sense. The car falling apart makes perfect sense.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sportscentury
I know several people who have moved up from an M3 to a 911 (including Nick) but none who has gone the opposite direction. I hope it works out for him and I look forward to his TT/TTS review down the line.
Does he mention in his last video that he is going to buy a TT or TTS? Or, is this just speculation on your part?

Edit: Oops, just saw his video and yes indeed, he does say that he may buy a Turbo.

Last edited by socalsteve; 05-08-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:52 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by socalsteve
Does he mention in his last video that he is going to buy a TT or TTS? Or, is this just speculation on your part?

Edit: Oops, just saw his video and yes indeed, he does say that he may buy a Turbo.
If it took him 5 years to save for a 991s. Is he gonna save another 2.5 years for the TTS. :-). Just saying. Videos are over hyped with sad stories. In the end, maybe nmurray is just good at making sad videos and getting the online community behind him.

Last edited by frank69m; 05-09-2014 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by frank69m
If it took him 5 years to save for a 991s. Is he gonna save another 2.5 years for the TTS. :-). Just saying. Videos are over hyped with sad stories. In the end, maybe nmurray is just good at making sad videos and getting the online community behind him.
Cynical much? Judgmental much?

Why would you ASSUME anything about Nick Murray and his finances-situation? Unless you know him and know his financial situation, maybe it would be better to keep your uninformed opinions to yourself....

Obviously N Murray had problems with his 991. These are well documented and Porsche would NEVER buy back his car unless there was a very good reason to.

N Murray did this community a great service with his very informative videos. None were sad and I do not believe that he made them to "get the online community behind him". If the online community did get behind him, it was because of his generosity and great spirit through the good and bad times that he had with his lemon 991. Not because he made "sad" videos.

Enjoy your weekend!

Steve

Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
I know several people who have moved up from an M3 to a 911 (including Nick) but none who has gone the opposite direction. I hope it works out for him and I look forward to his TT/TTS review down the line.

I went from a 2009 997.2S to a 2012 E92M3! So now you know one person who has!!

Just wanted to try it out before it was gone, and see what the fuss was all about! Very glad I did. Still the best car I have ever owned.
Too bad that BMW is changing their goals. They were once the sedan versions of the porsche line...(now Porsche has their own of course!) They now seem to be targeting the AMGs of the 1990-2008 period. Searing torque and speed and no chassis underneath it all.

I am still skeptical of the new M4. Seems like a new direction for the M series. Early impressions seem good, but magazine testers are a fickle bunch. They will hype something and then tear it apart on the next comparo..

I hope Nick likes his new ride. Maybe he can give us some nice comparisons?

Old 05-11-2014, 02:46 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by socalsteve
Cynical much? Judgmental much?

Why would you ASSUME anything about Nick Murray and his finances-situation? Unless you know him and know his financial situation, maybe it would be better to keep your uninformed opinions to yourself....

Steve
In his defense, Nick does not leave much to assumptions. He does tell all the details.

Can't wait for his reviews though. Short of Chris Harris I like his reviews the best.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:27 PM
AllForTheCash will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by speedsterr
What he claims doesn't make sense. The car falling apart makes perfect sense.
I'm with you 100%

Old 05-15-2014, 09:45 PM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
That nmurray22 guy is an idiot : )

Yes I have an M4 on order and I will switch back to a 991 TT but not until maybe the 2016 MY.

I have some new reviews in the works including F cars.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:46 PM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
The video about why I am trying out the M4 here…

Old 05-16-2014, 06:10 AM
chrisk is on a distinguished road
I can't wait to see the 991.2

Old 05-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by nmurray22
That nmurray22 guy is an idiot : )

Yes I have an M4 on order and I will switch back to a 991 TT but not until maybe the 2016 MY.

I have some new reviews in the works including F cars.
oooo F cars? Bring those on first.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Actually I went from a 997.1S to a E92 M3 and know a few other people. Don't get me wrong I love the 991, just waiting for the right time to get back into the fold.

Dave

Old 05-19-2014, 05:19 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Actually I went from a 997.1S to a E92 M3 and know a few other people. Don't get me wrong I love the 991, just waiting for the right time to get back into the fold.

Dave

Hey Dave! I have been wondering where you went!

I see you are on your second M3. What happened to the 2011???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.