2015 z06 c7 corvette or 911 C2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 07:55 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Here we go again..

Time to get popcorn and watch the suckers take the troll bate yet again...

Old 05-11-2014, 08:00 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gulrey22
The German product is only superior in some of the areas you mentioned BECAUSE of the price. It is not hard to make things better when you charge that much more.

They have no inherent superiority

I have a 2013 C2S
I will disagree on this one, just for the sake of the argument
There is no doubt that better quality of materials, paint, switches etc. can simply be bought at a higher cost.
When it comes to the engine, drivetrain, suspension, it is not only about spending lot more $$, it is first and foremost about the knowledge, experience and talent of your engineers and their development tools. Sure this costs more money but also relates to skill and focus.

I do not know the numbers, but I would speculate that the gap in manufacturing cost is a lot smaller than the gap in selling price between the C7 and 991. The 991 can claim a big premium due to the quality of its engineering and its badge (the value of the badge itself coming from the brand equity built over the years with outstanding cars).

Like others have said: drive the cars! I test drove the F-type, it was a very nice and entertaining car but was nowhere near the road feel and precision of the 991. I'll take a test drive of a Stingray at the track next Friday and am curious to be able to compare it back to back with my 991 in more extreme conditions.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:01 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
Here we go again..

Totally agree, but hard to resist though

Old 05-11-2014, 09:47 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Here we go again..

so true

comparing the 991 to the C7 is like comparing the Seahawks to the Broncos

we should be comparing the Seahawks to those thugs in SF

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	seA_zps04b4ec69.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	373407   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2_zps0c4bb066.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	373408  
Old 05-11-2014, 09:58 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
you should read my review from a couple of weeks ago.
I had 14 hours of track time in a Z51 C7. Another 100BHP would make the car worse in some ways. Then again, if they reduce the understeer, put on some track-ready brakes, increase the cooling capacity, the Z06 would be phenomenal. As far as it being the amazing "Dual use" vehicle that the 991 is, I am skeptical. The 991 somehow is track ready, alive, but also a great cruiser and a sybaritic gem. The C7 smells like an epoxy cocoon and has paint drips and flexible door panels. That alone is a deal-breaker for me. Imagine living in Arizona where that smell rolls out at you every time you get in the car?? Or having your car detailed and they polish up all those paint drips, making them even more noticeable?

Old 05-11-2014, 11:41 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
I must say that my previous ZO6 had a very nice paint job and was a beast on the street (with Mickey Thompson drag radials). A skilled driver could take the 505-HP car to the drag-strip and run a high ten on a day with good air.

The interior was better than its predecessors but was still lacking in the fit-and-finish department. Overall, the car was killer. That being said, the finish on the new C7 looks looks inferior to the C6 and, IMO, the new "transformers" look really cheapens the car.

All in all, I do like my 2013 C2S manual better than the ZO6. It offers a much more enjoyable driving experience and is worlds apart in the fit-and-finish department.

And of course the 911 isn't always looking for a way to kill me when I have my guard down. My red ZO6 did remind me of Christine at times. LOL

Old 05-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Kleev is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gulrey22
The German product is only superior in some of the areas you mentioned BECAUSE of the price. It is not hard to make things better when you charge that much more.

They have no inherent superiority

I have a 2013 C2S
This is a nice politically correct proposition, however it seems to ignore reality of differing engineering traditions in different countries; domestic, European or Asian.

Maybe it's just another case of 'you pay now, or you pay later'. That said, you're never going to turn that '87 Callaway Twin Turbo into something you're going to enjoy or trust on a weekend getaway, like say an '87 Turbo Cabriolet slant nose. . .

Old 05-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Hard to really give an opinion as I have never owned an American car for personal use. Love this country and feel we can do anything.
I drove a recent model Vette with heads up display and thought it was great and exactly what I thought it be like to drive. Brutal, fast, and raw just not my taste. But I have great friends that would love this car.
Nothing bad about the car just didn't have the finesse and refinement I'm used to after 11 Pcars.
Still a great car, way better than it used to be so whatever choice you make will be fine. Plus the pic of the girl getting in the Vette will be a10 in the dark.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:19 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Here we go again..

Yup...feed the Troll and he just keeps coming back.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:47 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kleev
This is a nice politically correct proposition, however it seems to ignore reality of differing engineering traditions in different countries; domestic, European or Asian.

Maybe it's just another case of 'you pay now, or you pay later'. That said, you're never going to turn that '87 Callaway Twin Turbo into something you're going to enjoy or trust on a weekend getaway, like say an '87 Turbo Cabriolet slant nose. . .
g

And though I love the brand, if you look at the repair and reliability numbers, Germany is behind the US, which, last time I looked, was behind Korea, which was behind Japan. But I refuse to believe that our engineers are not capable of competing with all! JMO

Old 05-11-2014, 04:04 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I've owned five Corvettes over my lifetime, last one being a C6, and the C7 is absolutely the ugliest one they have come out with, IMO. If I want a Transformer, I'll go to the movies, thank you.

They should have evolved the C6 design instead of trashing it with the garbage it is now. It looks like they designed it for the teenage ricer generation who cannot even afford it, while completely ignoring the older demographic that buys the most corvettes all the time anyways.

Lots of power, yes, but I don't want to drive a fast turd, which is what the C7 is, design wise. And I do happen to love the Corvette Marque, up until this travesty.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:19 PM
John's 991 is on a distinguished road
I could make the argument that the C7 is a better value, but I would not trade my 991S for one. It is so pleasant to drive on the road, and plenty fast on the track, even though I am sure that the C7 Z06 is significantly faster still.

If you are asking a serious question, then the real answer is drive them both and chose the one you like more. They are not really direct competitors. I would consider the C7 Z6 and new Camaro Z28 more direct competitors. And if you want bang for the buck the Nissan GTR has to be considered. All of them are faster and cheaper than a 991S, but in my opinion less refined.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:48 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
OP, what do you drive?

Old 05-11-2014, 04:53 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
Hard to really give an opinion as I have never owned an American car for personal use. Love this country and feel we can do

Plus the pic of the girl getting in the Vette will be a10 in the dark.
Last American car I owned was a 1969 Olds Cutlass S

And that girl - I would give her a 12 in the dark...

Old 05-11-2014, 06:40 PM
2wheels4me is on a distinguished road
The Corvettes I saw today looked great overall. There were 10 of them (!), 7 'verts and 3 coupes at a single dealer, all over MSRP by an unspecified amount. The interior is a HUGE upgrade over the previous generations, as we all know. However, the space inside felt like a Cayman; I had to move the seat all the way back in position and with a fair rake to fit and see out of the windshield. Not having the room around you and behind you that the 911 does have is very noticeable. Also the paint on the side panels of ALL of them had some of the worst orange peel I have ever seen. But, overall, they have a presence that is unique and commendable.

Fix that paint!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 z06 c7 corvette or 911 C2?