Why spend 120k on a 911 when you can get the same thing here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 04:14 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I'd rather spend the $120k

Old 06-04-2014, 05:12 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
The TT is great car and easily modified to get another 100 hp. If they offered a 911 body style and suspension, I might consider one.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:59 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
The TT is great car and easily modified to get another 100 hp. If they offered a 911 body style and suspension, I might consider one.
Don't forget interior

Old 06-04-2014, 07:04 PM
blktaln is on a distinguished road
different class... you have to know what you want... if HP is what you're referring to in saving $$... there are plenty of other cars that provides more HP and can go faster...

agree with others... end of the day... it's not a 911....

Old 06-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
It's not a 911 thats why! seriously?

Old 06-05-2014, 10:32 AM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Yea, my wife has one. I wanted get her the TT RS but she was happy with the regular TT. Fine by me since I spent the extra money on a newer 911.

It is a real nice car and has been very reliable. I don't think it drives half as well as far as performance as any Porsche sports car.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Samp will become famous soon enough
I can't believe so many posts on a stupid subject. If the OP thinks they are the same let him buy one.

Sorry to contribute to such a stupid subject.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:49 PM
willyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nice
I need to go against the grain here. The TT-RS is a complete badass. The 2.5T is fiery rumbling angry racing history. As mentioned, that motor can be easily be modified to stomp out most anything else on the road. The outgoing one (in non-US dual clutch form) already did 3.6s 0-60, stock, and can really be tossed around a track.

Yes, the TT body is still too girly, and no, it doesn't have real quattro. No, I would not buy one, and like a few others here, I voted with my feet by leaving Audi and coming back to my favorite brand.

Agreed, Audi dealerships are TERRIBLE, and their treatment of enthusiasts is the worst. It was a miracle I didn't get tagged with TD1 on my S4. But perhaps there is such a thing as karma -- I traded it in for my wife's SQ5 and got an amazingly good price for it. I recently bumped into an old co-worker who ended up purchasing it. I think they took a loss after they plugged it into the computer realized they couldn't CPO this immaculate 2011 with 14k miles, or offer a warranty of any kind. They just wanted to get rid of it at that point.

Agreed, nobody would/should cross shop it with a 911. But you guys are selling that car short -- it's pretty awesome, especially for ~$60k. I would definitely get it rather than a Boxster, then spend my leftover money making it an absolute monster.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:20 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
A TT RS with lots of HP is different then a 981. I like the TT but don't think it handles or feels as nice as a 981. Based on this reasoning you should sell your 50 and get an older 911 TTS and turn it in to a absolute monster.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Gofast430 is on a distinguished road
Because I can!

Old 06-05-2014, 11:03 PM
willyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nice
Originally Posted by JamesKen
Based on this reasoning you should sell your 50 and get an older 911 TTS and turn it in to a absolute monster.
What reasoning? I just wanted to say a few nice things about it because everyone was pissing on it and I thought it deserved better.

My 50 isn't going anywhere.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:50 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by willyspub
What reasoning? I just wanted to say a few nice things about it because everyone was pissing on it and I thought it deserved better. My 50 isn't going anywhere.
Agree, it is a nice low price alternative but in a different class, and the snobs here can't quite fathom the point..

I had the older generation MK1 225, and I found it a very pleasing car to drive.. At one point before I decided on a 991, I considered the TT against a Cayman... In reality it was till much lower cost than a cayman once you got done with the porsche options.... But the cayman is definitely a step up..

They are different classes of cars and must be compared as such..

As far as the bagging on Audi dealers.. I don't think any brand dealer is immune from crappy dealers...

Old 06-07-2014, 12:55 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
At least you get a good looking interior with the Audi (and probably better built as well)

TT is a very nice car. Especially the new one, but both cars are not competing with eachother. I cannot see anyone cross-shop these cars.

If it is only on-paper-performace that matters, then don't buy a Porsche in the first place. The new VW Golf R outperforms a C2 or C4 in a straight line as well... Does that make it an alternative?

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 06-07-2014, 06:05 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Suzy which year VW R are you referring to? The new 2015 has 296 hp and 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. The 2012/2013 is mid to low 5's. I ask because I ran with one on the tollway the other day through triple digit speeds and pulling on him wasn't an issue at all. A stock R is not outgunning a c2 or c4.

I know the APR tuned R's can get some great HP gains in stage two or three especially with the K04 swap and tune.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 06-07-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Suzy which year VW R are you referring to? The new 2015 has 296 hp and 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. The 2012/2013 is mid to low 5's. I ask because I ran with one on the tollway the other day through triple digit speeds and pulling on him wasn't an issue at all. A stock R is not outgunning a c2 or c4. I know the APR tuned R's can get some great HP gains in stage two or three especially with the K04 swap and tune.
The new one of course forgot that you get that car a year later in the US. Of course it's no real comparison, but I wanted to make my point. (I was only talking about the 0-100km/h times BTW). No doubt that a C2 or C4 will eventually outperform a Golf R.
Golf R is a very, very nice and fast hatchback that handles surprisingly well, yet has good comfort for 4 people and costs only 1/3 of a 991 C2. However, that doesn't mean one will ever cross-shop those cars.
Someone that wants a 911 is definitely not gonna look for a Golf R, eventhough that is a very capable car. It's not a sportscar and certainly not a 911. Same applies to the Audi TT. Not a real sportscar. It's a fast coupe and a very nice car, but not an alternative for a 911 IMO.

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why spend 120k on a 911 when you can get the same thing here...