991 PSE Install - Definitive list of Parts and Prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:59 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hawc
I was quoted $6,000 up here in Toronto for a PSE on my 3.4 PDK.

OP, I'm really surprised you got it all done for $2114. It's odd that an after purchase OEM add on would cost LESS than what it costs to tick it as an option during the factory build ($2,950).

Even Suncoast charges $3,000 just for the parts no labour.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/me...Code=SKU991PSE
The cost savimgs was from re-using the standard exhaust tips.
The Sport Exhaust tips cost more than the PSE muffler does.

Could you non PSE guys answer if your standard exhaust opens its valves automatically in Sport Mode?
In other words, is the exhaust any louder, below 3300 RPM, with Sport Mode On vs Off?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hawc
I was quoted $6,000 up here in Toronto for a PSE on my 3.4 PDK. OP, I'm really surprised you got it all done for $2114. It's odd that an after purchase OEM add on would cost LESS than what it costs to tick it as an option during the factory build ($2,950). Even Suncoast charges $3,000 just for the parts no labour. https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/me...Code=SKU991PSE
You need to order the individual parts and not the package. With the package (i.e. the one on Suncoast's website), you get a set of chrome plated exhaust tips that cost about $1k. That increases the cost of the PSE package.

You also need to go to a dealer that's not going to rob you when they do the installation. I live in in area with 4 Porsche dealers (DC) and was quoted $875 to $2000 for installation. I took the cheapest route and the folks at Porsche of Rockville were great to deal with.

Look up the parts at Sonnen. Surprisingly, the parts are relatively cheap.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:27 AM
medacus will become famous soon enough
That is good to know, I always thought you had to order the whole package. For us non S guys, I guess we have to get the exhaust tips since our oval ones can't be fitted to the PSE

Old 09-06-2014, 10:13 AM
DrK
DrK is on a distinguished road
So, for a 991s the 9 items above are the only ones needed for the upgrade right? Also, in addition to the exhaust tips, did you have to reuse the side mufflers (because I don't see them in your order form)? My SA gave me a really good labor quote and I am about to order those 9 items. Super excited. Thanks!

Old 09-06-2014, 10:37 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DrK
So, for a 991s the 9 items above are the only ones needed for the upgrade right? Also, in addition to the exhaust tips, did you have to reuse the side mufflers (because I don't see them in your order form)? My SA gave me a really good labor quote and I am about to order those 9 items. Super excited. Thanks!
Side mufflers are not replaced. Just the "front" or center section as indicated in the parts list.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:00 PM
lark830 is on a distinguished road
Hey bro. Can you tell me where you bought your parts from?

Originally Posted by 911cv
So, I just had the PSE installed this week at Porsche of Rockville and wanted to let everyone know the parts and prices I paid in case someone is thinking of doing the same. I know there have been threads on this, but in my research, I've never found a definitive list of parts and prices -- located in a single thread -- required to add PSE to a S/4S.

The total cost (labor and parts) to do this was $2114. When you build your 991, Porsche charges $2950. So, those interested in saving $800, add this option afterwards.

Attached is a breakdown of the minimum parts needed to do the install.

Also, thank you to those that helped me identify these parts. I "stole" info from a lot of other threads to figure out the minimum that I needed to do this.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Justin n is on a distinguished road
I think the 3.4 has the side mufflers replaced as well when upgrading to the PSE, the exhaust exits the back differently through the tips on the base.

I bought a full exhaust from an S on ebay for $500 and am planning on installing it on my base shortly. It will be a cheap experiment, and I might even try to hook up the valves on the exhaust to the control valve for the sound symposer - then the "sport" button becomes the on/off switch!

Old 11-27-2014, 07:38 AM
nleeumd is on a distinguished road
I purchased my PSE off of eBay; brand new, for under $900 all parts included. The prior owner ended up selling his 991S for a 997 turbo. Such a steal at that price; however, I paid $800 for Porsche of Arlington, VA to install the PSE with the new switch panel. Originially, the PSE switch was the 3rd button from the top on the right, but I wanted the OEM look, so the technician move it to the 2nd one from the top on the right, so it can be done. Looking back, the install is completely DIY, outside of reprograming the buttons.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:07 AM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Here's what you need if you're installing an aftermarket exhaust onto a "S" without PSE. The switch will be dependent on your VIN.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PSE.pdf (243.2 KB, 889 views)
Old 11-27-2014, 12:42 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
So to retrofit PSE on a Carrera S you don't need to change the side mufflers?

You just need the centre PSE muffler, the button, wiring etc, correct ?

The side mufflers remain the same or does the retrofitted PSE require different side mufflers also to sound the same as factory installed PSE?

Old 11-27-2014, 01:11 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LPB987S
So to retrofit PSE on a Carrera S you don't need to change the side mufflers?

You just need the centre PSE muffler, the button, wiring etc, correct ?

The side mufflers remain the same or does the retrofitted PSE require different side mufflers also to sound the same as factory installed PSE?
Correct. All you need are the center muffler, switch/programming, and longer vacuum lines to retrofit.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:46 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LPB987S
So to retrofit PSE on a Carrera S you don't need to change the side mufflers? You just need the centre PSE muffler, the button, wiring etc, correct ? The side mufflers remain the same or does the retrofitted PSE require different side mufflers also to sound the same as factory installed PSE?
That is correct. I posted this thread shortly after I got the PSE installed on my 4S. With the vacuum lines already in place and the side mufflers staying, the upgrade is relatively cheap.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:53 PM
midwesterner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by does195
Here's what you need if you're installing an aftermarket exhaust onto a "S" without PSE. The switch will be dependent on your VIN.
How much did your parts run you? Your attachment seems to suggest approx $400, but that can't be correct.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:43 PM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know the size of the female torx that holds the pse exhaust tips on?

Old 12-22-2014, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by wanderfalke
Does anyone know the size of the female torx that holds the pse exhaust tips on?
E-12 Torx.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 PSE Install - Definitive list of Parts and Prices