Targa 4S vs Targa GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 03:01 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Originally Posted by bernpep
You have a stunning car. I am building a similiar one. Configured an S & a GTS. I need to have the ventilated seats in an open top so ended up deleting the alcantara interior. Cost for S around 140,000 & GTS -150,000with same equipment. Performance on GTS is one tenth of a second faster to 60.
Thanks! I'm really pleased with the white/red combo. Not sure if the .1sec is worth $10k or if it's that noticeable, but you can't go wrong with either Targa in the looks department. I have the Alcantara in the GT3 and it really keeps you planted in the seat at speed, and I like having the ventilated seats in the Targa on warm days with the top down.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:05 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Originally Posted by casaforte9
I test drove a turbo and a 991 s pse back to back. IMO the 991 s felt more sportier due to pse and it was more fun to drive. The turbo felt muted and while the extra torque was great , 991 s felt more fun to drive overall

On the Targa vs convertible, multiple reviews have said that targa actually gets more windy/tubulent over 50 MPH than the convertible which has an aweosme wind deflector

I test drove the convertible and even on highway speeds, there was no wind intrusion with windows up and deflector on , my boxster S gets turbulent at highway speeds

I only drove the targa briefly at low speeds and it felt heavy but dd not get to drive the targa top down and i agree targa in the right colors ( red, silver, white, black) looks the best in the 991 lineup
I've had three 911 Cabrios and 2 Boxsters and I find that my Targa has much less turbulence with the windows down and the deflector at it's highest setting at highway speeds than any of them. Just my experience so far.