How to reset computer after scheduled maint. is done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:38 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future

Can anyone advise me and/or post a video? Thanks!

RJ

Old 12-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Jbgill6535 is on a distinguished road
If you are changing oil on your own vehicle it appears that either
1) find a dealer who will reset oil service lamp for you or,
2) purchase a unit that allows you to do it for yourself.

I purchased the icarsoft on Amazon and am able to reset all service reminders as well as read and clear trouble codes. Plugs into your OBDII and is extremely simple.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo872.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	465128  
Old 12-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Z00mie is on a distinguished road
I have used the VAG.com cable and it is amazing for VW Audi (the standard by which I judge all others). I then bought a 997 C2S and also purchased the Durametric Pro. It was very useful. You could change stuff, but the software is a bit clunky and feels "experimental"! I then sold my 997 C2S and bought a 991.1 C4S. The Durametric Pro is pretty much useless for this car. You seem to be able to test components via the Pro but can do little else. The Icarsoft is a safe bet for those just needing to ping components or reset service reminders and is reasonably priced.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:39 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 PM
mso4 is on a distinguished road
Dealer told me try unplugging battery over night. Although that seems like a pain given that fact that some memories stuffs need to be readjusted. Or if you need to smog the car it might take a while before the computer reset all the monitors.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:41 PM
arter is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mso4
Dealer told me try unplugging battery over night. Although that seems like a pain given that fact that some memories stuffs need to be readjusted. Or if you need to smog the car it might take a while before the computer reset all the monitors.
nope that wont work,.

You need a reset device ( or someone who has one).

Old 01-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Pmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nice
Your dealer is an idiot.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Pmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nice
Originally Posted by Jbgill6535

I purchased the icarsoft on Amazon and am able to reset all service reminders as well as read and clear trouble codes. Plugs into your OBDII and is extremely simple.
Works like a charm and will save you $$$ if you plan on doing your own maintenance.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:30 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light

that doesnt reset the i/m monitors used for smog either. anytime u clear a check engine light with an odb2 scanner or some type of computer, that resets all the monitors and it will all read not ready if you try to smog

Old 01-13-2018, 05:39 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
I also got the iCarsoft PORII on Amazon and it works great to reset the indicators.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:29 AM
Z00mie is on a distinguished road
As a follow up:
I've had my iCarsoft Por II for a little while now and like it quite a bit. A number of folks have voiced issues with software updates being problematic, but if you follow the instructions in the manual/website it works well (CLUE! You are updating the micro SD card, not the device and must use a USB Micro SD adapter, one is included). Another issue is not being able to set the service interval to a desired date. Which is not true. You just need to know the factory time interval for that service and then input the date to arrive at the interval sought (Clue! Not the actual date). Mileage however, can only be set to the factory recommendations,10K,20K, 40K etc from your current odometer readout. Another issue mentioned was compatibility. If you go to the website and have a look, it provides updated lists of those vehicles supported (you may have to update the software before using it on your P car as the software may have changed since the unit was packaged). Additionally, A good idea with the device is to plug it in to your PC and go thru the menus using the manual and help menu on the device to help define the various abbreviations. It will help save headaches later. Lastly, the iCarsoft website indicates there are a number of unauthorized units floating around that may or may not be compatible with their website for updates etc. That bargain priced unit may not have been a bargain.

Last edited by Z00mie; 01-13-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:41 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jbgill6535

I use this. It works fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.