6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   991.2 Sport Chrono settings and Sport Response button? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/403489-991-2-sport-chrono-settings-sport-response-button.html)

P-car Fan 02-19-2017 11:59 AM

991.2 Sport Chrono settings and Sport Response button?

Other than the obvious changes with the Sport Chrono option for the 991.2 regarding the new dial and Individual setting, what are the technical differences between "Sport" and "Sport Plus"?
One thing that seems different with the Sport Plus with this car and the 997.2 that I once had is that the PDK will shift gears when driving in Auto mode, whereas I remember that the car would only shift at redline when in Sport Plus with the 997.2 PDK.
Also, what exactly does the Sport Response button do? (other than unleashing all hell and turbo furry, as I like to say)

John McLane 02-19-2017 06:03 PM

Changes all settings for optimal sport response, in porsche lingo. Effectively is sport plus for 20 seconds. It does NOT increase turbo pressure. It keeps revs up so the turbo is always spooling. That may explain why only 20 seconds and not all the time...

from the manual

summary

AlBinVA 02-20-2017 04:18 PM

hope this helps

SPORT

PSE (if equipped) & Sound symposer activated
PDCC (if equipped) response is increased
Throttle response increased when above 25mph or, after quickly depressing or releasing the accelerator
PDK (if equipped) up-shift points delayed & down-shift points increased with shift times reduced
Dynamic Engine Mounts (if Sports Chrono equipped) firmness increased
Oil cooler valve opens
Coasting & Auto Stop (if PDK equipped) Disabled

SPORT PLUS

(if Sport Chrono equipped)
PDK (if equipped) up-shift points delayed & down-shift points increased with shift times reduced
Oil cooler valve opens
Coasting & Auto Stop (if PDK equipped) disabled
Throttle response further increased
Dynamic Engine Mounts (if Sports Chrono equipped) are locked
PASM (if equipped) is set to firmest setting
PTV differential locking increased
RPM limiter is harder
PSM/ABS less intrusive
Launch Control enabled (if PDK equipped)
7th gear is disabled
Dynamic cornering lights are more responsive

grover432 02-20-2017 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by AlBinVA (Post 4609711)
SPORT

Throttle response increased when above 25mph or, after quickly depressing or releasing the accelerator
Dynamic Engine Mounts (if Sports Chrono equipped) firmness increased
Oil cooler valve opens
Coasting & Auto Stop (if PDK equipped) Disabled

SPORT PLUS

(if Sport Chrono equipped)
Oil cooler valve opens
Coasting & Auto Stop (if PDK equipped) disabled
Throttle response further increased
Dynamic Engine Mounts (if Sports Chrono equipped) are locked
PASM (if equipped) is set to firmest setting
PTV differential locking increased
RPM limiter is harder
PSM/ABS less intrusive
Launch Control enabled (if PDK equipped)
7th gear is disabled
Dynamic cornering lights are more responsive

Thanks for this. If my car has Sport Chrono/PSE and PDK, what can you control in Individual? Can I do this:

PSE & Sound symposer deactivated
PASM Comfort
PDK up-shift points delayed & down-shift points increased with shift times reduced
Dynamic Engine Mounts firmness increased
Oil cooler valve opens
Coasting & Auto Stop Disabled

AlBinVA 02-21-2017 06:19 AM

If you access the "I" setting menu...

It will present you with the boxes you can check. I am not sure if you have the ability to customize further.

grover432 02-21-2017 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AlBinVA (Post 4609859)
It will present you with the boxes you can check. I am not sure if you have the ability to customize further.

I found this in the manual:

"Configuring Individual mode

In Individual mode, the settings for the PASM, the sports exhaust system, the auto start/stop function and the rear spoiler can be combined individually on the basis of the Normal, SPORT or SPORT PLUS modes. When the vehicle is next started up, the stored combination can be retrieved by turning the mode switch." (Bold is mine)

I also found these charts in the manual. the charts seem to say you can program the "backfire" and engine sound in the cabin (sound symposia?) to Normal, Sport, Sport +, but the above is unclear as to whether "I" mode can turn the backfire off and leave PSE on.

Can anyone with a 991.2 and Sport Chrono chime in? In Individual, can I set the PSE on to Sport Plus mode (i.e. no backfire) with the rest of the settings set to "Sport" or does Individual mode only allow me to turn PSE on/off?

P-car Fan 02-21-2017 04:01 PM

Individual only allows to turn PSE On/Off