Help on 2015 GTS Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 05:24 PM
jsimon77 is on a distinguished road
Help on 2015 GTS Options

I'm looking at buying a GTS with the following options.

1) Anything major missing?
2) Any thoughts about the seats being Alcantera but the car not having the GTS interior package for FULL leather?

636 - ParkAssist (front and rear)
GF - Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara®
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
P3J - Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way w/ Alcantara®)
P3H - BOSE® Audio Package
583 - Smoking package
P07 - Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package

The other car I looked at had GTS interior package and Full leather. Just trying to decide if I'll be upset with out it.

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Standard interior is OK, I guess. I have the GTS Interior Package in Carmine Red on my 2015 GTS and think it adds a lot to the car. Of course it is also very pricey. Not sure how much difference it will make in resale value so you might find a GTS with it for not much more than the one you are looking at. I would want SPASM also.

Last edited by GS997S; 03-19-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:51 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
PDK? Manual?
Sunroof in glass is nice.
PDCC? Preference?
Mine is Carmine red interior package as well - I don't really need contrasting stitching but it's pretty nice on the seats for sure. Also nice having full leather.
PCCB?

Old 03-19-2017, 09:06 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
I would say that most of what you've listed here are personal-preference type options, so without knowing more about what you want very hard to tell you if you have the right options or not. Impossible to tell you if you'll be unhappy without PASM Sport and full leather unless you tell us that you don't like Alcantara, or MUST have ventilated seats, or track your car and need all the handling assistance you can buy, and so on.... With that said just the fact that you are purchasing a GTS you get options included that 2S and 4S owners would have to choose -- PowerKit, PSE, SC, etc. So you really don't have any missing GTS options -- just your personal set-up options.

To my point, Alcantara isn't for everyone, but in my personal opinion the GTS interior package with deviated stitching is a must for the simple fact that I wanted a GTS, and it's the little accents that are different from any non-GTS car that round-out the ownership experience....! And I would say deviated in carmine red and not rhodium for the same reason. And Alcantara too (I don't care about ventilated seats, or how the non-leather fabric wears over time....). But then, these are my own choices, not yours.

Bottom line is that you really can't go wrong with any GTS! Good Luck!

Old 03-19-2017, 03:04 PM
This is all great input. I can go either way on the Alcantera. To me I think it's more about full leather and the stitching. I'm getting this from a 997.2 with standard interior so trying to get something more "special."

Not planning on tracking the car so not sure I'd **** the PASM sport?

Old 03-19-2017, 05:11 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jsimon77
This is all great input. I can go either way on the Alcantera. To me I think it's more about full leather and the stitching. I'm getting this from a 997.2 with standard interior so trying to get something more "special."

Not planning on tracking the car so not sure I'd **** the PASM sport?
SPASM is better for the street too, and the lowered look is worth the cost of the moderately priced SPASM option. I would get it if you can. Not end of the world if you can't find one you like with it.

Last edited by GS997S; 03-19-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:29 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
As an owner that has the GTS interior package and NOT the Sport PASM, I can tell you that with the wide body and wider rear track, coming from a 991.1S and a Panamera Turbo, the GTS has basically no body roll anyway. It's a very stiff and low structure right outta the box, and I love the steering- probably the best steering I've ever felt. My car also does not have power steering plus.
There is a difference with Sport PASM, and does look just a shade lower. May be worth driving them both, with and without?

Old 03-19-2017, 06:54 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Sunroof in Glass, Very Nice!

Old 03-19-2017, 07:01 PM
TheNiceMean is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello OP, I think I know which car you are referring to. I just got my 2015 911 GTS in Carmine Red. During my search I saw ur car's profile (or one that is almost the same). Comparing to the one I got, the one you have mentioned is a GTS with some lux and confort, which balanced out since GTS itself alteady has a strong racing element to it hah. Think of it as a more subtle way to own that 3.8L 430HP.

Good luck and cheers, keep us updated.

I'm looking at buying a GTS with the following options.

1) Anything major missing?
2) Any thoughts about the seats being Alcantera but the car not having the GTS interior package for FULL leather?

636 - ParkAssist (front and rear)
GF - Leather Interior in Black with Alcantara®
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
P3J - Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way w/ Alcantara®)
P3H - BOSE® Audio Package
583 - Smoking package
P07 - Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package

The other car I looked at had GTS interior package and Full leather. Just trying to decide if I'll be upset with out it.

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2017, 10:24 PM
So...as GTS owners...

Would you buy a GTS that didn't have either GTS interior package OR Full Leather? Seems like you really need one or the other. Don't want to end up with a car that people won't buy eventually because it doesn't have one or the other?

Old 03-20-2017, 09:58 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
So...as GTS owners...

Would you buy a GTS that didn't have either GTS interior package OR Full Leather? Seems like you really need one or the other. Don't want to end up with a car that people won't buy eventually because it doesn't have one or the other?
If the interior is the only difference, you can't go wrong in any case! As you may be able to tell from the responses you received, the GTS itself (and the bargain as a total package) is the draw, and a car that people will want.

When it comes down to picking between one with leather and one with alcantara, if you are only considering resale desireability, then I would say go with the car with the GTS interior package. I personally would select the car that most embodied the GTS "package" -- another way to look at it (if resale is your only criteria) is that other than the GTS interior package, what options set your car apart from any other non-GT car in the 991.1 range? I mean, anyone can option PSE, full-leather, PowerKit, and so on -- but I don't believe a non-GTS car can be optioned with the GTS interior! So with that option you have a forever-unique car. Does everyone who buys a GTS want it? No. But say, 20 years down the road an investor is looking to buy one of the last NA-engined GTS cars I woulsd bet that they won't care so much about full-leather but rather WILL care that the car has the most complete OE GTS package.....

Again, personal opinion -- If you don't care about resale (doesn't sound like that is the case here) just get the car that you are most comfortable in, with butt coolers and all the other options to make your own experience most enjoyable. in couple maybe 5 years I doubt full leather vs. Alcantara will amount to much in the way of price difference on the market.

YMMV

Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 AM
This is all great information.

I feel like I need either GTS interior package OR Full Leather.

The car I'm seeing while it has Alcantera seats, the rest of the car is just the stock synthetic interior.

That's what may hold up is....

Old 03-20-2017, 05:25 PM

The car I'm seeing while it has Alcantera seats, the rest of the car is just the stock synthetic interior.

Yes, I would want either the GTS Interior Package or full leather. On the GTS, I prefer the GTS Interior Package. The standard interior has some cheap aspects to it, especially for a $120,000+ car. The vinyl dash doesn't look good at all.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
I can't see spending $100k plus and not getting full leather. Or a combination of full leather and alcantara if offered. I also wouldn't spend that much and not get PCCB. As for SPASM, it is preferred only because they didn't offer the higher end sport suspension with similar lowering, much better dampening and beefier ARBs. At least you'll get some lowering with SPASM that you can live with. The downside is always de-selecting the useless sport mode. Doubt many owners are looking to keep the car for 20 years. The Carrera R is the one to have for that, but obviously considerably more expensive. I can see the GT4, Carrera R and my Spyder as future collectables for what they represent. They also need to have been made in very low quantity. If it's going down appreciably in value today it's not a collectable on the same level. The GT4 is actually going up in value already.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:46 PM

To me, a true GTS (and this includes the Panamera GTS which is a freaking legend also) has Alcantara in the interior: steering wheel, seat centers, arm rests, etc. And it has the GTS logo in the headrests...who cares what color, could be basic black, silver, or carmine.
The other subtle, cool thing I like about the gauges with the GTS package is that the needle color is white on the gauges. I have never seen that before and I love it on the black background/carmine tach.
Another thing is wheels: the Turbo S centerlocks in black help make it a true GTS.

Just my opinion!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.