6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   New '17 991.2 Coupe with a STICK (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/406114-new-17-991-2-coupe-stick.html)

AlecS 04-17-2017 02:32 PM

New '17 991.2 Coupe with a STICK

5 Attachment(s)
Hi folks-

I'm pretty excited about this new car and wanted to share. I picked it up in Chicago after a LONG exhaustive search on dealer lots for the perfect new second gen 991. I wanted above all else an actual MANUAL. So that was paramount. The next thing I HAD TO HAVE was a full leather interior. Just had to have that I guess. So right there it eliminates 95% of what's on dealer lots. It tooks a few months of looking. Also, 18 way seats and the new Sport pack option were pretty much must have's in my book. All things I didn't have in my previous cab.

Anyway I found THE car late on a Saturday night located Chicago. PERFECT spec. I'm in Minneapolis so proximity was good. I could drive it home. I email them right away that night (like 2AM) that I was interested. The next morning (Sunday) I was surprised to get an email back from the dealer. What dealer works Sunday? Well it turns out it was Mike from The Porsche Exchange. His family owns the dealership. He likes to look over emails over the weekend. So, we started talking about it right there early Sunday morning and made a deal on it right then. First car I ever bought on a Sunday!

So fast forward a couple weeks and I drive my cab down for a trade. Mike is a really great guy. Super chill and genuine. Happy to purchase from him. His dealership is immense. Lava orange 911R out on display. LOT's of cars everywhere. So we finished the paperwork and I drove my new toy home. It's a real keeper. I just LOVE the interior. My OCD is going to tweak with the metalic black paint but it looks the balls.

Anyway, just wanted to share this awesome experience. Let me know what you think of the specs or what you might like different.

Thanks-
alec

Forujames 04-17-2017 06:33 PM

Oh boy, that looks great. Did you try to hide your enthusiasm while making the deal?

AlecS 04-17-2017 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Forujames (Post 4627471)
Oh boy, that looks great. Did you try to hide your enthusiasm while making the deal?

I tried man. Mike did give me 6% which I felt was a good discount.

Alec

Porschejeff 04-17-2017 07:25 PM

Congrats on the 991.2. Let us know your thoughts and how you like it compared to having and driving a cab. I have had 4 cabs and not sure I could. Live without that top down during the spring and summer months.

AlecS 04-17-2017 08:32 PM

Hey Jeff-
Well this is my third 991. The first two were cabs.ive had a lot of other convertibles in the past. M3's, 335's, S2000, miatas. You get the idea. I'll let you know later this summer but I don't see an issue. So far it's been nice and with that big glass roof open and the windows down feels great. I really wanted to experience the 911 in its truest form. Plus the lines on the coupe are just perfection to me. The cab looses that when the top is up anyway.

Keep you posted...

Alec

KEMA 04-18-2017 07:09 PM

Beautiful! Congratulations.

chance6 04-18-2017 08:56 PM

Now seriously how much do you use the LCA function? :)
Nice looking color and interior...enjoy with that 7-speed.

AlecS 04-19-2017 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by chance6 (Post 4627889)
Now seriously how much do you use the LCA function? :)
Nice looking color and interior...enjoy with that 7-speed.

You'd be surprised how useful that is. I have it in the Audi S4 too, so used to it there. It's nice to have it in the 911 too. One of those great if it's already on the car, but maybe wouldn't have spec'd that.

Alec

yojeffo 04-19-2017 08:29 PM

Lca

Use it all the time in my Macan S. Specked it on my 2018 911 C4S cab. Very useful especially if a quick unexpected lane change needed. Expecting mid June delivery.

ulix79 04-21-2017 04:11 AM

Amazing spec. and I love the colour combo. Thinking of purchasing the new GTS next year, I think I've found my combo!

JDDarkside 04-28-2017 09:35 PM

Love the looks and the interior, congrats. Also have to say I like the look of your garage as well!

speedy2081 05-01-2017 05:03 PM

Awesome. Best of luck.