My GTS @ NY International Auto Show!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 07:46 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
My GTS @ NY International Auto Show!

Hi All-

Posted this over on RL recently, thought I'd post here since there actually are some members that don't use RL!

Back-story : I was offered the opportunity to provide my car for a booth at the NYIAS in NYC and jumped at the chance. The booth was hosted by Supercars Garage (out of NJ) and they invited Matt Clark (of MC Designs) to perform vinyl wrapping demonstrations during the show. 3M was promoting the event, and supplied Matt with all the materials for the wrapping. Three cars were included - my GTS, John's (Fabspeed) Cayman R, and Paul's GT3. John and Paul had designs planned, whereas I didn't, and honestly just told Matt that he could use my car however he needed -- which turns-out was to be the official 3M vinyl wraps "Color Wheel" showcasing their more recent colors.... Check out the results in the video I posted up on my YT channel!:
If you are thinking about wrapping your car (PPF included) check out Matts work https://mymcdesigns.com/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-26-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:56 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
OK, are you gonna remove that stuff or just leave it on?
I'd love a few stripes down my hood!

Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by chance6
OK, are you gonna remove that stuff or just leave it on?
I'd love a few stripes down my hood!
Gonna leave it on for a bit.... Figure that when I take them off there is a good amount of "correction" and clean-up to do, and I really don't want to do it twice. I am waiting on a full-car wrap design from Matt Clark -- so will remove when we take the car in for its' new clothes.

Oh, funny story -- On the road the car gets a LOT of attention with the vinyl still on. The other day I took the car on a short drive, and when I was at a rest stop a guy came over and asked if I was the President of 3M! He thought the car was painted for 3M....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.