Does Sapphire Blue affect value...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Cwolf is on a distinguished road
Does Sapphire Blue affect value...

Looking at a Sapphire Blue 991....worried that the somewhat flashy color might hurt value. Appreciate any insights.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Can't imagine sapphire blue would have a negative impact on value. I would buy the car based on if you like sapphire blue or not. In my biased opinion, it is one of the best colors available.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:44 PM
AviBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Allow me to be provocative in the interests of your enjoyment: Are you buying the car for the benefit of the next owner (and limiting your depreciation loss) or to enjoy yourself RIGHT NOW? I hope you can allow yourself to get the color you want and know that if and when you're ready to sell there will be someone who wants the color you have to sell. The color of my vette was the least-ordered color in the years it was offered; recently, there was a thread on the Corvette forum posted by someone who was excited to have purchased, used, the exact same color, year and trim as my car, and a whole bunch of us with the same color and model emerged and posted on the thread. Enjoy what you want!

Old 05-17-2017, 01:47 PM
I would enjoy it, but not as much as silver. I like the color but worried about the attention. I am not a flashy guy, plus the police will not miss seeing me coming in this color. So I am on the fence, but it is spec'd great with all the performance options and the ducktail (sport design package).

Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Buy the color you want. Otherwise you'll regret it.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:02 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cwolf
Looking at a Sapphire Blue 991....worried that the somewhat flashy color might hurt value. Appreciate any insights.
I don't think it will hurt value at all.
It will just reduce the number of potential buyers in the future.
That's why real estate agents suggest neutral colors and no wallpaper.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by eldertec
I don't think it will hurt value at all.
It will just reduce the number of potential buyers in the future.
That's why real estate agents suggest neutral colors and no wallpaper.
Exactly!....ha.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cwolf
I would enjoy it, but not as much as silver. I like the color but worried about the attention. I am not a flashy guy, plus the police will not miss seeing me coming in this color. So I am on the fence, but it is spec'd great with all the performance options and the ducktail (sport design package).
Have been pulled over in my arctic silver 996 Turbo, my lapis blue Boxster, my dark blue VW Golf, my white Mustang GT. Never got pulled over in my Torrid Red 2006 Pontiac GTO.

What gets you pulled over is the car's speed, or what the LEO thinks is the car's speed, not its color.

You will get attention regardless of the color. While my GTO never got pulled over I got thumbs up from other drivers.

And I've had people react favorably to my Turbo and even my Boxster. And I had some negative comments too. ("Nice Volkswagon" from some butthead. Should have told him I wish I had known I would not have bought 3 of them...)

If you like the blue color and the rest of the car floats your boat, get the car.

Otherwise, shop for another car in another color. First rule of used car buying is there is always another car.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I own a Guards Red 4S a color I have never owned in a Pcar before. Saw it, loved it, bought it. If I ever sell it I am sure the same thing will happen to that buyer. Bought it for me not for someone I don't know.
I got pulled over many more times in a previous white TT than in the GR 4S, the police are interested in your speed and driving habits not the color of your car.

If you don't like the SB color why even debate and post about it. Get what you like.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 AM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Conversely, yellow has the best resale value.
There are a lot of silver and black cars out there, and if someone wanted a yellow car there are far fewer to choose from.
So if you really care about resale value you should buy a yellow one

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/22/y...-resale-value/

Old 05-18-2017, 11:25 AM
MagicRat has a spectacular aura aboutMagicRat has a spectacular aura about
My mum just bought a Boxster S and absolutely would not look at any colour other than Sapphire Blue. It's great; if you like it, get it.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
49,000 reasons why I don't care about value.
2013 4S
I heard the guy with the most smiles wins, lol

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo842.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	446.4 KB
ID:	476741  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
I would pay more for Sapphire blue. They're hard to find and sell quickly.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
@Eldertec you don't want to play! That's an old picture too
Anyway, I like the Sapphire Blue. Just not as much as Aqua Blue Metallic!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo628.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	743.7 KB
ID:	476780  
Old 05-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I would pay more for Sapphire blue. They're hard to find and sell quickly.
+1, in a sea of boring silvers, blacks, greys, and white cars, it's refreshing to a blue mixed in their occasionally, I have an Aqua blue (similar to Sapphire) 981 Boxster and love it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.