New to the Porsche Family - CPO 991.1 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 08:28 AM
GS6Speed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Congrats!! beautiful.
I'm testing a 2015 GTS coupe w/ pdk tomorrow a.m.
Looks like its twin except for wheels (bolts).
Hopefully you found what your looking for by now. I personally think that if you going with a GTS than having the center lug is the way to go. It really sets the car off. I had passed on a few GTS' prior to making this purchase just for the fact it had lugs.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Almost 3 months with this car and i can't get enough. No complaints and very happy I went with the 7MT.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:59 PM
PJ 911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to see you are enjoying the car. Love how you went for it so quickly. It is one bada** looking 911. I am so enjoying mine. Here's mine at Lime Rock just after the parade laps for the race this past July. Agreed, the 7MT is the best way to go, unless you are day to day in stop and go traffic. See you in the office one of these days.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	836.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	513054  
Old 09-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by PJ 911
Good to see you are enjoying the car. Love how you went for it so quickly. It is one bada** looking 911. I am so enjoying mine. Here's mine at Lime Rock just after the parade laps for the race this past July. Agreed, the 7MT is the best way to go, unless you are day to day in stop and go traffic. See you in the office one of these days.
Haha.....I saw you post on another thread about the Cayanne diesel and noticed your signature photo and location. Was wondeing if that was you.... Good stuff! I'll have to get in on the lime rock trip next year.

Finally getting the PPF done next week after a 2 month wait with a shop out here on the island. Feeling naked without it.

By the way......put in 2,100 miles since I bought it. 👍

Old 09-21-2017, 09:26 PM
PJ 911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GS6Speed
Haha.....I saw you post on another thread about the Cayanne diesel and noticed your signature photo and location. Was wondeing if that was you.... Good stuff! I'll have to get in on the lime rock trip next year.

Finally getting the PPF done next week after a 2 month wait with a shop out here on the island. Feeling naked without it.

By the way......put in 2,100 miles since I bought it. 👍
Make sure they touch up any chips prior to the PPF. Some say you should do paint correction too before application. Real piece of mind with PPF. I did it on the Cayenne a few months after I bought, and after a few chips. Still looks great after 4 years.

So fun to drive these cars, the miles just fly by.
Ashamed to say I'm only at around 1800 miles on mine in nearly 6 months. At least the break in period is almost completed.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:26 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
What an Awesome car and an Awesome story! I was right there with you. Congrat's!

Old 10-17-2017, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
Congratulations - what a beautiful car! Drive it in good health!

I noticed that you're installing PPF which I believe is a wise decision. Can you tell whom on Long Island is installing it for you?

Old 10-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
What an Awesome car and an Awesome story! I was right there with you. Congrat's!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by EDHondroulis
Congratulations - what a beautiful car! Drive it in good health!

I noticed that you're installing PPF which I believe is a wise decision. Can you tell whom on Long Island is installing it for you?
I had the PPF installed at a shop called Detailing Dynamics located in Mineola, Long Island. The work was completed a little over 3 weeks ago.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
Detailing Dynamics is one of the best in the country. Great choice!

Old 10-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Job well done on finding one with the stick shift option. If you ever need anything let us know

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:53 PM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
i'm on the fence....help with a future GTS 7speed MT purchase

I currently have a 996TT w/ full bolt on mods pushing about 650+hp w/ 6mt

I'm very concerned i will totally miss the power of the twin turbo's. I'm fully aware of the GTS and it's power. I'm also away that the manual is much slower then the PDK. Having said all that, i think i've got the boy racer / Mod junkie out of my system. Perhaps the GTS 7 speed will keep me happy for years to come. thoughts?

Specs of car attached. The car is owned by a close friend who just ordered a 18' GT3. the 15' GTS will have about 22k miles when lease is up December. Residual is $71,900. It's funny how often Porsche calls him to buy the car back. Clearly it's worth more the $72k after they certify it and resell it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3662 (1).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	583.9 KB
ID:	515241  
Old 10-31-2017, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by roseylv
i'm on the fence....help with a future GTS 7speed MT purchase

I currently have a 996TT w/ full bolt on mods pushing about 650+hp w/ 6mt

I'm very concerned i will totally miss the power of the twin turbo's. I'm fully aware of the GTS and it's power. I'm also away that the manual is much slower then
the PDK. Having said all that, i think i've got the boy racer / Mod junkie out of my system. Perhaps the GTS 7 speed will keep me happy for years to come. thoughts?

Specs of car attached. The car is owned by a close friend who just ordered a 18' GT3. the 15' GTS will have about 22k miles when lease is up December. Residual is $71,900. It's funny how often Porsche calls him to buy the car back. Clearly it's worth more the $72k after they certify it and resell it.

Nice spec. As for the residual value I would say that $72k is way low as you are already aware. The GTS has maintained a steady value above $100k. I'd say average asking for a CPO is between $110k to $125k depending on options of course.

Im unable to provide a comparison between the GTS and your 996 since I've never driven a 996 nor a turbo. I will say that your statement about manual being much slower than the PDK is innacurate. The time difference is very minimal and in my opinion not a deal breaker for someone who does not plan on competitively racing on a circuit.

All in all I am very happy with the car in the way it sounds, accelerates and feel for the road. The 7 speed manual trans shifts very smoothly and adds to the driving experience in my opinion. I personally think you won't be disappointed however being that it's your friends car than perhaps he will be kind enough to let you take it for a proper test drive

Last edited by GS6Speed; 10-31-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:36 PM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GS6Speed
Nice spec. As for the residual value I would say that $72k is way low as you are already aware. The GTS has maintained a steady value above $100k. I'd say average asking for a CPO is between $110k to $125k depending on options of course.

Im unable to provide a comparison between the GTS and your 996 since I've never driven a 996 nor a turbo. I will say that your statement about manual being much slower than the PDK is innacurate. The time difference is very minimal and in my opinion not a deal breaker for someone who does not plan on competitively racing on a circuit.

All in all I am very happy with the car in the way it sounds, accelerates and feel for the road. The 7 speed manual trans shifts very smoothly and adds to the driving experience in my opinion. I personally think you won't be disappointed however being that it's your friends car than perhaps he will be kind enough to let you take it for a proper test drive
Thank a lot for the feedback. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread

yes, I have driven his GTS already. It was night and day from my turbo. Just a totally different, more refined driving experience. however The GTS feel much slower compared to my highly modified turbo. The TT in 2nd and 3rd gear pack a serious punch and just flat out rips! I can scare almost all my passengers lol. The GTS is docile while sounding ferociously beautiful. I did a bit of spirited driving and compared to my coil over 996tt, it flat out handles much better and feels way more connected to the road. the GTS is rear wheel drive. Not sure how the all-wheel drive feels.

Anyways, I'm going to pull the trigger on it or else i'll regret it. not to mention the 7-speed MT is kinda rare! Straight line speed isn't everything to me these days. Besides, I have a fast TTv8 E63 which is plenty fast in a straight line.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:14 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
If you check nadaguides.com, that's pretty dependable. I checked mine with the site which has 12,100 miles on the clock and Retail without CPO is $108k.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Vintage Racer will become famous soon enoughVintage Racer will become famous soon enough
Nice find.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.