2017 GTS Spoiler on 2016 GTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 04:46 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
2017 GTS Spoiler on 2016 GTS?

Curious if anyone knows whether the 991.2 spoiler will fit on a 991.1 GTS:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU992DUCK.html.

Spoke to a local shop that confirmed, but then another rep said "nope, our mistake. Can't be done."

Old 02-12-2018, 03:55 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it could, but ad specifically states that it fits 991.2, 2017 or newer.

Too bad, its a nice piece.

I would have thought the newer tail lights would fits the older models too, but they don't.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I thought it could, but ad specifically states that it fits 991.2, 2017 or newer.

Too bad, its a nice piece.

I would have thought the newer tail lights would fits the older models too, but they don't.
On that note, Suncoast has written the same message for other parts that can be retrofitted.

From looking at these two up close, the major difference I can see is the lack of a indented lip on the top of the 991.2 spoiler.

Really curious to know what else is different (possibly the actual mounting spots and/or arms).

Old 02-12-2018, 01:58 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Did you call Suncoast? What did they say? I'd be interested in making the change if it fits. Probably has to do with the internal mechanisms.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:08 PM
Maxhouse97 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I wouldn’t trust them, they told me the GT4 short shift kit and the SPASM sway bars wouldn’t fit my 2012 991 and they were wrong about both. I would think it would fit, someone needs to try it.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:29 AM
You are ruining my perception of them - so not only are they overpriced and charge a ton for shipping, but they don't know what they are talking about either - LOL!

Old 02-19-2018, 01:50 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
You are ruining my perception of them - so not only are they overpriced and charge a ton for shipping, but they don't know what they are talking about either - LOL!
Sorry have to say been dealing with Ric there for years and he always has the best pricing around.