Rev-Matching on Manual

Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 AM
gulrey22 has a spectacular aura aboutgulrey22 has a spectacular aura about
Rev-Matching on Manual

I keep reading here that the Sport Chrono on a MT gets you rev-matching.

My 2013, built in August 2012, doesn't have it.

I understand that CarerraPete has it but how many other people actually have this on their 2CS with a manual?

Just stopped by my dealer yesterday and mentioned this to them and they have not seen it.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
I'm sure you have, but just to make sure: did you try downshifting in Sport+ mode?

Rev-matching only works in Sport+ mode.

This is also weird; all the other people I know with Rev-matching have a glass sunroof. This is probably a coincidence, but good detectives take everything into account. LOL

Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM
1mirage has a spectacular aura about1mirage has a spectacular aura about
I got my 991S Cab in Dec. it was a Nov build and it has rev matching in sport plus works great!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gulrey22
I keep reading here that the Sport Chrono on a MT gets you rev-matching.

My 2013, built in August 2012, doesn't have it.

I understand that CarerraPete has it but how many other people actually have this on their 2CS with a manual?

Just stopped by my dealer yesterday and mentioned this to them and they have not seen it.
From what I've read the rev matching was introduced with the launch of the C4/S and were consequently also added to the C2S (not the base).
Since yours is an August build this would mean you do not have it...

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
M5Ivan has a spectacular aura aboutM5Ivan has a spectacular aura about
I asked the same question over on RL and there were 2 responses from people that have driven a 3.4 w/SC that verified rev matching on the 7MT. One drove a C4 base and the other drove a C2 base. Mine is due in late March and I'll know for sure.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM
CarerraPete: Yes, I have tried to downshift in Sport Plus mode. Nothing.

I bought the car from dealer inventory in December but it was built in August so I guess that was too early.

I know you all love Porsche but I have to say I find this quite irritating.

I don't believe it proper to add features during a model year, certainly without making it well known to buyers.

I had planned to order a car but decided that I didn't want to wait 4 months and took one that they had on the lot as they offered a good price and it had 80 miles and I had driven 25 of them.

I wouldn't have guessed it was built as far back as August but I wouldn't have imagined that would matter except that it now seems they offered something new on the more recent builds without telling anyone, including their dealers.

I consider the rev-matching a desirable feature. I know some don't seem to like it, but I don't see any negative to it. It is only in Sport Plus, which I would only use when driving hard. When doing that I would prefer to concentrate on other things besides rev-matching.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gulrey22
CarerraPete: Yes, I have tried to downshift in Sport Plus mode. Nothing.

I bought the car from dealer inventory in December but it was built in August so I guess that was too early.

I know you all love Porsche but I have to say I find this quite irritating.

I don't believe it proper to add features during a model year, certainly without making it well known to buyers.

I had planned to order a car but decided that I didn't want to wait 4 months and took one that they had on the lot as they offered a good price and it had 80 miles and I had driven 25 of them.

I wouldn't have guessed it was built as far back as August but I wouldn't have imagined that would matter except that it now seems they offered something new on the more recent builds without telling anyone, including their dealers.

I consider the rev-matching a desirable feature. I know some don't seem to like it, but I don't see any negative to it. It is only in Sport Plus, which I would only use when driving hard. When doing that I would prefer to concentrate on other things besides rev-matching.
I believe you can have the dealer load the software for you, in fact it might be free.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 PM
GTSLVR991S is on a distinguished road
I get where you're coming from. But even in sport plus, driving the hardest, nothing beats the feeling of cracking a perfect heel toe sequence as you anticipate the corner. That's where it counts most anyway rather than mild driving scenarios. Nothing to really concentrate on as it becomes second nature and you do it only on straights before the corner. I actually am thankful I didn't get the rev match feature cause it just adds a pdk essence to it. Btw nothing wrong with pdk at all and I actually had a dct on my m3 for 2 years and loved it. But a manual is a manual and should stay true to form as much as possible.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GTSLVR991S
.....I actually am thankful I didn't get the rev match feature cause it just adds a pdk essence to it.....But a manual is a manual and should stay true to form as much as possible.
I totally agree.

My 3.4, 7MT was produced in November and if it has rev matching, I neither know nor care. No, it doesn't have SC either, whose primary benefit is for a PDK. I truely don't get the need for rev matching in a manual car, either street or tract.

Your shifting may vary

Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Just curious; where were the non-rev-matching transmissions manufactured?

My window sticker shows that my transmission was manufactured in Japan (I do have rev-matching).

My car was manufactured during 10/12

Last edited by CarreraPete; 01-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Mine was manufactured in Japan as well.

Note: I called PCNA to ask if rev-matching was now included on the 2CS with sport Chrono.

They didn't know anything about it. Strange.

I don't really need it but I just think it odd that they may have added this feature to recent builds without telling anyone.

Some buyers will like it and some not but all should know what they are getting.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone I spoke to about this feature at my dealer and PCNA had no idea the feature existed for the 7 sp.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 AM
This is beginning to sound like a Twilight Zone episode.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
From what I've read the rev matching was introduced with the launch of the C4/S and were consequently also added to the C2S (not the base).
Since yours is an August build this would mean you do not have it...
I think you are right about that. That would explain all the discrepancies.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Not sure about the C2S but my dealer knew about the C4S. It doesn't make any sense why they would introduce it mid-MY but then again I don't run the Porsche operation. It may be a production line requirement for this transmission - just speculating.

The purists want to H+T but I am on the fence until I try it. Personally, with my clumsy feet it may be a welcome feature.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rev-Matching on Manual