Mcchip tuning

Old 01-11-2018, 12:18 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Mcchip tuning

I finally Got my base 991.2 tuned. I went with Mcchip DKR that have a representative here in the Chicago area. Of note, you can mail the ECU to them and they would do the same job.

I dropped the car yesterday and pick it up today as the time zone from here to Germany is seven hours, which explains the delay.

I just got the car back and just sum up, wow!

It's difficult to explain, how the car used to pull in second gear it does now in third gear. Unfortunately it's rainy and cold today and I could not Drive the car harder without wheel spinning.

On normal driving, the car upshifts sooner as the PDK responds to the new ECU you very nicely.
When accelerating hard, The few times I had a chance, the rear of the tire the car squats down on the front lifts up in a way it didn't before. I'm glad I already purchased a DSC box from TPC racing.

I know the boost pressure gauge on the car is not accurate , but the numbers rise so quickly and so Early, that's quite fun seeing it bouncing up-and-down as the gears change. I have the impression that the turbo lag is also improved as the pressure raises earlier and harder but this is also difficult to be precise.

Overall I'm very happy with the changes but on a 2 Wheel Drive car additional changes might be necessary such as decent tires (eg not P0s), work the suspension if you don't have sport PASM or better and consider race pads (RS29 probably) if you track.

Alex from Performance Eurowerks is a true car guy, very nice to work with and serious about racing. Everything went very smoothly. I have not tried the competition tuning but this one so far works really well. Really looking forward to take this car to the track with proper tires and upgraded suspension.

I'll upload some pictures of the process soon.

Last edited by John McLane; 01-11-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 AM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Do please keep us updated. Am in IL and have a C2 as well, might be interested in something similar down the line.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:50 AM
fanboy is on a distinguished road
Yes, I'm interested in following your experiences too. Mcchip looks interesting and Chicago is within driving distance for the work. There don't seem to be any Cleveland area dealers.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:11 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
It's a nice smooth build up from 1800-2500 rpm, with a whiplash around 4000, depending how you drop the hammer. It's somewhat a different car, but still emulates an aspirated engine, for the most of my daily driving. The turbo lag is still there, but as power builds up earlier, it's less of a nuisance.

If it's worth? That depends on who you ask, regarding warranty etc. Powerwise, I dont think the RWD and current tires (Alpin) can handle more. In the spring with Cup2s on I'll know better.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:11 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by John McLane
Powerwise, I dont think the RWD and current tires (Alpin) can handle more. In the spring with Cup2s on I'll know better.
Thanks for feedback, subscribed...

Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM
fanboy is on a distinguished road
This is something I WANT not something I NEED (my car is a DD but I work from home). Subscribed as well, I'll be able to resist until Spring thanks to the weather.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by fanboy
This is something I WANT not something I NEED (my car is a DD but I work from home). Subscribed as well, I'll be able to resist until Spring thanks to the weather.
On spring his shop gets fairly busy. My distinction between need and want is so blurred lately...