Carrera S Satin Black wheels - such a nightmare!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 11:18 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Carrera S Satin Black wheels - such a nightmare!!

Hello,

I have Carrera S wheels in Satin Black and the inside of the wheel are impossible to clean!! They dry brown after scrubbing and cleaning. They look like poop. They have for months now. My car is 1.5 yrs old with 18k mi.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? The black wheels only look good when the insides are clean too. I'm thinking I should have them refurbished by the wheel repair shop?

Any ideas or feedback?

Thanks guys,
DRP

Old 07-31-2018, 04:32 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I had satin black HRE wheels on my previous 4S. I used Dr Beasley's cleaner for matte wheels. It was recommended by another Rennlister. Worked amazingly. Once clean I coated them with Gyeon Q2 Rim. You can Coat them with any good finish to make them easier to clean.

Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2018, 11:21 AM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
This is depressing was about to paint some this color! Have you seen any blue-ish tint to the black(s)? Anyone tried Sonax? it seems to work well on brake dust?

Old 08-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Fapdds is on a distinguished road
I Have the same problem, ammorall them with a suitable material from chemical guys and the brown goes away. this is a common problem with black wheels, after a few years it is impossible to get them clean

Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
They cannot be worse than the Silver version of the same wheels, right? I mean brake dust will be apparent on both but it must be less noticeable, at least at first, on the black ones.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:19 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
That’s the thing...

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
They cannot be worse than the Silver version of the same wheels, right? I mean brake dust will be apparent on both but it must be less noticeable, at least at first, on the black ones.
The silver wheels are a piece of cake if you stay on top of them. I dive my car daily. And I clean the inside of the wheels, the barrel, at least 3-4 times a month. the silvers are 100% better than the black. The black only looks good clean. The silvers slowly get dirty. I had no issues with the satin platinums on my 991. These satin blacks are tough.

DRP