2017 Carrera to add Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 10:22 AM
stump4545 is an unknown quantity at this point
2017 Carrera to add Sport Exhaust

I have a base 2017 Carrera without Sports Exhaust.

Can only a dealer add this feature?

Can I buy myself and have good mechanic install?

Any idea on costs involved?

thank you

Old 03-22-2018, 03:54 PM
gellie can only hope to improve
Ive seen other posts where it cost ~$6K to have PSE installed. You can buy from suncost https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUPSE992.html and have a Indie install. But, you'll still need to bring it to Porsche to have in programed.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Any idea what indie might charge to install?

maybe just better to have dealer install?

thanks

Old 03-22-2018, 08:27 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Check out boost addict option. Will have programming solution available they say. Much better option than factory PSE.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
If you want your exhaust to be switchable for on and off the cost is higher. If you don't mind it on all the time your options are greater. Kline makes a great sounding exhaust. I think more throaty and more aggressive than PSE but not obnoxious.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:50 AM
What is cost of kline installed at indie?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:06 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Kline's usually run in the $3200- $3500 range. A good Indy shop should be able to do it in 2-2.5 hours so depends on their rate.
Reach out to Felix at Kline. He is the owner and a great guy and Porsche enthusiast. I was one of the 1st to put a Kline on my previous 991.1 4S and he was great to work with on price and delivery. Product is top notch. Look for one used but may be hard to find. Try reaching out to Felix. Felix@kline-innovation.com. Tell him Sal referred you.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-29-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:44 AM
Thanks i will.

Does Kline sound as “good” as oem exhaust?

how would you describe sound?

so many choices for aftermarket exhausts. Does Kline stand out?

thanks again

Old 03-24-2018, 09:51 PM
I really like the Kline, more aggressive, throaty, more guttural.
You can listen on their site but try to hear in person. Good luck.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:31 AM
TheBozAbides is an unknown quantity at this point
I was told by an experienced Porsche dealer Sport Exhaust cannot be added by the dealer post-production. SE was only a factory option. He said it had something to do with the turbos.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:14 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Take a look at AWE, I'm happy with mine.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by gellie
Ive seen other posts where it cost ~$6K to have PSE installed. You can buy from suncost https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUPSE992.html and have a Indie install. But, you'll still need to bring it to Porsche to have in programed.
The Install is pretty straight forward and can be done DIY or by an indie. Having a lift would be great but at a minimum some good ramps to get under the car.

Programming can be done outside the dealer with a high end Autel or PIWIZ. These are expensive but your mechanic will know exactly what it is.

FWIW, headers and Cats will also make a significant different in sound and performance on these newer cars at a lot less cost. Aftermarket also has some really nice options. Some people just want OEM and that is completely understandable.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by TheBozAbides
I was told by an experienced Porsche dealer Sport Exhaust cannot be added by the dealer post-production. SE was only a factory option. He said it had something to do with the turbos.

This is completely false. It is a PITA with the rear valence change but easily doable. Also, if it was only a factory option then places like Suncoast would not be able to sell them.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
We have 991.2 Sport Exhaust available and have sold quite a few and installed several others at our location. It is 100% Genuine Porsche with a 2-year factory PCNA parts warranty.

According to Porsche dealer programming is required. The kit we have online includes the new console mounted switch assembly and your choice of the chrome or black PSE tips.

If you have any questions let us know!

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUPSE992.html

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 03-29-2018, 11:13 AM
f1champ is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same dilemma as the original poster as I recently got a 2018 Carrera and the exhaust isn't fun (coming from Jaguar Ftype V8). I got an estimate from a Porsche dealer for PSE around $6000 (all in).

I also noticed on Suncoastparts that they have a Tubi exhaust which I believe sounds better than PSE

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...2TUBIBASE.html

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
We have 991.2 Sport Exhaust available and have sold quite a few and installed several others at our location. It is 100% Genuine Porsche with a 2-year factory PCNA parts warranty.

According to Porsche dealer programming is required. The kit we have online includes the new console mounted switch assembly and your choice of the chrome or black PSE tips.

If you have any questions let us know!

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUPSE992.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2017 Carrera to add Sport Exhaust