991 Full Front End Wrap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 06:15 PM
msgm1 is on a distinguished road
991 Full Front End Wrap

What would be the cost to wrap the full front end of a 991 (hood, wings, bumper)?

Old 04-20-2018, 10:09 AM
wutangmo15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by msgm1
What would be the cost to wrap the full front end of a 991 (hood, wings, bumper)?
Here's a link to the shop near me. It has some generic pricing. https://www.coloradodetail.com/llumarplatinum

Old 04-23-2018, 08:04 PM
jpsjr1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Call Greg at Signature Detailing in N.J., he’s done my cars and they are perfect! His pricing is dead on and clearly the work is perfect. I recommend getting it coated after wrapping it.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:10 PM
msgm1 is on a distinguished road
thanks guys

Old 10-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Guards_red_991 is an unknown quantity at this point
$1,700 for bumper, fenders, a-pillars, side mirrors, quarter of roof, door handle wells, headlights.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Mr_Skull is an unknown quantity at this point
For what it’s worth I was quoted $1,600 by a reputable euro paint shop to respray the front bumper, front hood, and blend the fenders. I was thinking of having that done and then the PPF. Shop owner told me to just drive the car and if I have it in 2 or 3 years thing about getting a respray and film if I do want to keep it long term.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
Mr. Skull,

Just an FYI that if you get PPF done now, you need to wait an appropriate amount of time for the paint to cure before applying film. Many people recommend 30 days but certainly ask the paint shop for their estimate. If you decide to have PPF installed, please DM me and I'll direct you to a 3M certified installer. In addition to a 10 year warranty, 3M offers optional coverage that pays up to $3500 to fix any paint damage caused by the film not doing its job. Very cool!

Regards,
Manny

Old 10-15-2018, 07:36 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Film

Film is fantastic. It can be ceramic coated and buffed like paint. It glimmers. Scratches come right out. It’s amazing. I see why some people do the whole car for $10k (I’ve seen it on 918s and Aventadors).

That said, I highly recommend Xpel. I have it on the 911 now and it’s been great. I have had 3m in the past and I have their latest and greatest film on one of my other cars now. It isn’t as good in my opinion. It’s harder to apply (I’m told) which is confirmed by the smoothness of the xpel vs the bumpy bubbly 3M. Also the xpel is more resistant to rain spots and hard water stains.

Just my 2 cents
DRP

Old 10-16-2018, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Drspeed,

As a representative of 3M, I'd like to add some clarity our product. 3M has released several films in the past few years so what was the latest and greatest 3M film last year isn't necessarily our current film. There are also installers that believe they are offering 3M's latest film when they aren't. 3M is partly to blame for this because we keep the same product name - Scotchgard Pro Series. Having said that, if the occasion arises where you need PPF for your car, please message me and I'll put you in contact with a 3M installer that has 3M's latest film. You may be surprised to learn that 3M has better stain resistance than Xpel. 3M also has an optional paint guarantee whereby if the film fails and your paint is damaged or stained, 3M will pay up to $3500 to repair the paint and replace the film. Xpel doesn't offer that in the aftermarket. As for installation ease, an installer gravitates to his/her personal preference. There are plenty of installers that believe 3M is easier to install than Xpel, and vice versa.

Cheers!
​​​​​​​Manny Hondroulis

Old 10-22-2018, 05:43 AM
hcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to beholdhcvone is a splendid one to behold
I get all my cars wrapped, usually 100% of the car and all carbon fiber trim, the plastic of today is much better than even 5 years ago, if installed and wrapped correctly you will not know it's there

Old 10-22-2018, 01:46 PM
rocketman will become famous soon enough
Suntek is the way to go.
I've had them all and it's clearer, cures better and has less orange peel effect than both Xpel and 3M

Old 10-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor
Hi Rocketman,

Have you had 3M's new film installed? It was released late summer of last year.

Regards,
Manny Hondroulis

Old 10-22-2018, 02:16 PM
rocketman will become famous soon enough
Hi Manny -
In all fairness I have not used your newest generation PPF.
Can you explain what improvements have been made and how it compares to Suntek.
Thanks

Old 10-23-2018, 07:53 AM
Guards_red_991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EDHondroulis
Hi Rocketman,

Have you had 3M's new film installed? It was released late summer of last year.

Regards,
Manny Hondroulis
That's what I have... Incredibly happy with it, especially after a couple of coats of Collinite over it. So easy to wash.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:01 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Rocketman,

The film has new urethane, liner, clearcoat, and adhesive. The only thing that's the same is the name, which 3M should have changed to help consumers distinguish the new film from the old. Anyway, I think it's clearer than Xpel and on par with SunTek. Take a look at this side by side comparison (link below). The biggest difference is that 3M offers an optional warranty whereby if the film fails and your paint is damaged, 3M will pay up to $3500 to repair the damage and refilm the car. And isn't that why you get PPF in the first place? No other manufacturer offers this type of coverage on the aftermarket level.

https://www.ppffilm.com/why-3m

Regards,
Manny Hondroulis

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Full Front End Wrap