Convinced Porsches are crap, and dealer service even worse.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
My experience has been that these cars are generally better than most, particularly so when compared to other high performance vehicles. Dealerships can be hit or miss...fortunately, I have experienced more hits than misses. However, my one miss was epic: they chipped a wheel, scratched the paint, and disabled the horn. All corrected.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I'm on #13. I have to say the nightmares described here are not my experience and I bought my cars as I moved in 4 different states.

I am really engaged in finding a good dealer to work with before finding a car. I am very involved in knowing what work will be done. I buy my own oil, filter, plug, etc and have the do the change (no garage space currently).

Have I had issues, sure on a previous 996 TT I had to have a new tranny put in on warranty. Had the car back in 4 days with full warranty.

Dealer I work with now can't seem to do enough to make sure I am happy with the service. After 13 cars I can't count on one hand the number of real issues I have had.

I have tuned and modded several of my TT cars without issue. So when I hear these cars are crap I call bull s@@t. What high performance car that can do what these cars can is better.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:37 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dux
the porsche after-sales service is absolutely diabolical - especially given what we pay for these cars.
The service advisors only goal is to up-sell at every opportunity.
I am not surprised by your awful experience, especially given that your car is probably being repaired by technicians and not seasoned mechanics.
They follow the service manual to the letter, and germany is called for anything that deviates in the slightest.
There is no fault finding - just replace and send the entire component back to germany for analysis.

The last time they serviced my car it was literally being worked on by a fetus. The kid was so young it was ridiculous.. And the problem wasn't resolved.
+1...

Old 01-02-2019, 10:20 AM
CFOURS is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to the OP for such a horrible ordeal...and I would have to say from my experience that it was dealer related...unfortunately

When living in Tampa I bought a CPO 2009 TT (M6) with 20k miles (see below)...within two months after I purchased the car the clutch went...slipping like crazy and yes I know how to drive a manual. Per the dealer this is a known problem with this model but is not covered by the CPO as it is a maintenance issue. However, they stepped up and said if I paid for the clutch they would cover the labor to install. And the guy who worked on my car just moved here from Germany and was an Ex Porsche Race team mechanic. And I even purchased an after market clutch that would be good up to 1,000HP just in case I decided to build the car. It was a very good experience

Man I wish I still owned that car!!!

Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Is this thread still here?! One whiner and all these posts?! What do you want to hear from us, that you are right and we should all sell our cars?! Not me, I love my car and my Indy shop treats me and my car with care.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:48 AM
rocketman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Is this thread still here?! One whiner and all these posts?! What do you want to hear from us, that you are right and we should all sell our cars?! Not me, I love my car and my Indy shop treats me and my car with care.
Bob-
Tell us how you really feel

Old 01-04-2019, 12:19 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Had terrible experience with a different dealership (maintenance) when I had my Panamera, but that didn't stop me from owning a PCar, in fact, I sold that Panny and got my self my 991.1 and love every second of having this car. My wife has a Cayman R too so we love driving Porsche's. Not to be rude, but if you don't like it, go sell it and buy a honda or something, I'll gladly keep my keys and driving mine.