6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   Bose and resale (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/426112-bose-resale.html)

Jonhunt 11-10-2018 10:55 AM

Bose and resale

Does the lack of Bose or higher affect the value in resale? I'm looking at a GTS that doesn't have it. The rep says most people are in it for the driving experience. I agree with that, but I still think the lack of Bose may hurt the resale. Just seeking opinions from the group.

BT1 11-11-2018 05:34 AM

base model perhaps

But on an S or above model very few people are buying the car for the stereo. The only options which may significantly affect value except for a sunroof/cab penalty are performance based. Think SC, exhaust (even though its sound only), powerkit. If someone wants high fidelity they would get the burmeister package or pop in thier own equivalent package in the car. I dont even think that would boost resale value and if non stock may hurt. There are very few people who would put that on thier "must have" shopping list. I did not even pay attention. The base stereo will still hurt your ears and includes nav. The next step would be to have android (like a base $15k ford) where you could run Waze. I would pay for and consider that and I think others would as well but alas it is not offered.

Jonhunt 11-11-2018 07:50 AM

Thanks

I appreciate the feed back. I agree stereo isn't a reason to buy a Pcar, but it seems as if almost everyone I look at has Bose.

Bob Z. 11-12-2018 05:55 PM

More cars have the Bose as compared to the other 2 options so that tells you something right there. If the other options are good someone could just buy the Bose speakers and put those in place of the standard speakers so keep that in mind.

Compukidd 11-13-2018 08:38 AM

HI.....I don't think it matters at all especially on a GTS. Personally, I very rarely even turn on my Bose Radio, I listen to the exhaust note. Performance options are a lot more important than the stereo. Good luck with your purchase.

dbh 11-14-2018 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Compukidd (Post 4749703)
HI.....I don't think it matters at all especially on a GTS. Personally, I very rarely even turn on my Bose Radio, I listen to the exhaust note. Performance options are a lot more important than the stereo. Good luck with your purchase.

I agree. I don't think Bose or base system will make much, if any, difference at resale time.

chance6 11-24-2018 11:53 AM

Have you ever heard the Burmester?? There is a group out there that refuse the Bose and always go Burm. If you’re going GT3 I get it because the car is loud, but the Sound Package Plus is rudimentary compared to the Burm. Depends on who you ask in terms of importance.

MrPrice 11-26-2018 05:18 AM

It has been 48 years since my first drive in a 911, I have had at least one for the last 35years. The 991 C4S I just bought had a 133K sticker. The options cost way more than my first 911. I have seen these cars change over the years, this car has heated and cooled seats, and yes it has the Bose stereo. Personally I don't care myself my hearing is gone. I have the top of the line Burmeister unit in my S class and my AMG GTS, and the top of the line Meridian in my RR. I am told they sound great, I think the stereo in the 4C was good enough, but I'm told it was not. Take this from a guy who just bought car #462, buy what you want in a car, don't worry about the next owner. What the car will be worth to someone else should not change what the car is worth to you, or your ownership enjoyment. I have never been one to think about what a car is going to be worth when I sell, before I buy it. Then again I am far from normal. Good luck.

imcarnuts 01-02-2019 05:05 PM

Like Mr Price I've owned at least 1 Porsche since my first in 1979. Almost every car I've owned has been ordered to my or my wife's specs and had the best audio available. I am picking up a '19 Targa GTS that I bought off the floor as soon as they are done with the clear bra. Saturday I hope. We will have 3 Porsches in the garage. It has the Bose & I'll live with it with out a problem. My '15 Cayenne Turbo (23,000 miles) has 56K in options and my wife's '15 Turbo S Cab (6000 miles) has 37K in options so I'm used to being destroyed at trade time. Both have Burmeister. In other words, buy what you want, enjoy it, and don't worry about what it is worth when time to sell/trade.

Zelig 01-04-2019 05:02 PM

I have had a Bose in my first 911 and was underwhelmed.

My current 991S has a Burmeister and it is much better. Despite what many say music enhances the ride. I would pay more for s better sound system. However, the PCM is the car's system with the most issues. It failed shortly after delivery and going off warranty (PCNA covered 95% of the cost). I strongly suggest getting the Burmeister. At least take a test drive with a vehicle equipped with the system.

solipsistik 01-04-2019 06:00 PM

No highs, now lows.... it must be BOSE!

Dr Chill 01-06-2019 01:47 PM

The best investment for audio is an aftermarket exhaust, not Burm.

Jonhunt 01-06-2019 02:09 PM

Burmeister would be a huge waste for me. I'm just not that into music. Plus it's rare to see it in any used Porsche.