6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   FVD ecu flash: alive and angry (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/103733-fvd-ecu-flash-alive-angry.html)

rafiki 10-28-2007 05:03 AM

FVD ecu flash: alive and angry

After long deliberations, I went with FVD ecu flash for my 2001 996tt Tip.
Also installed new DV's and BMC filter last week.
Car has aftermarket exhaust.

Downloaded the program last night
and went out for a test drive in 20 degrees temp.

Turning the key and depressing the accelerator,
I noticed that the exhaust note seemed more menacing.

Driving the car after the flash was insane.
hilarious

I regularly saw .9 bar, when I could take my eyes off the road.

The torque hole down low and initial hesitation is gone.
The car just gets up and rushes to the red line.
It's like I'm driving the car for the first time.

It's alive and angry.
Unbelievable bang for the dollar.
Thanks to FVD for a great product.

I know others with UMW and GIAC...etc, programs describe a similar experience with flashing and I have to admit, that up to now, I was sceptical that a flash could make that much of a difference.

Had to take it out for another test drive this morning!
Now I'm trying to imagine some of the 700 + HP...beasts on here.

Holy adrenaline rush batman...
:cool:

Onetime 10-28-2007 11:24 AM

Pretty amazing isn't it. I did the Upsolute and felt the same thing. Like you, I can't imagine how 700hp feels.

MGS996TT 10-28-2007 11:27 AM

Your time has arrived !! It’s now time to place your Gold Fish, your cat, your dog on e-bay to help fund your increasing addiction for HP. Visiting this forum is expensive.....I read about the HP I want to have !!

iLLM3 10-28-2007 11:52 AM

CONGRATS, my FVD Stg2+ car was BEASTLY compared to others with same mods, FVD makes good stuff!

rafiki 10-28-2007 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MGS996TT (Post 1425838)
Your time has arrived !! It’s now time to place your Gold Fish, your cat, your dog on e-bay to help fund your increasing addiction for HP. Visiting this forum is expensive.....I read about the HP I want to have !!

Hi Mark

LOL..just started ebaying stuff I don't need, for that very reason.
Wife and kids are safe for now!

rafiki 10-28-2007 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by iLLM3 (Post 1425880)
CONGRATS, my FVD Stg2+ car was BEASTLY compared to others with same mods, FVD makes good stuff!

ILLM3

What mods made up your stage 2?
Do you remember what 400 times you ran?

rafiki 10-28-2007 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Onetime (Post 1425833)
Pretty amazing isn't it. I did the Upsolute and felt the same thing. Like you, I can't imagine how 700hp feels.

Onetime, heard good things about Upsolute as well.

On the on the hand, I want to share my excitement and hopefully help others who have stock cars, on the other it is a little embarassing jumping for Joy after an stage 1 flash compared to the HP others have here.

Anyway, I'm very happy for now.

iLLM3 10-28-2007 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by rafiki (Post 1426266)
ILLM3

What mods made up your stage 2?
Do you remember what 400 times you ran?

I had FVD stg 2 ecu, DV's, new wastegates for the K16's, FVD export exhaust with cat bypass pipes (No CEL) and BMC air filter later on the Evo airbox..

Without the evo intake I ran 60-130's in 9's with 2 shifts and 40-100 in 5 sec's flat on video, car was a monster for what it had, and I dyno'd RWD at 493 rwhp and 516 rwtq!

rafiki 10-28-2007 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by iLLM3 (Post 1426462)
I had FVD stg 2 ecu, DV's, new wastegates for the K16's, FVD export exhaust with cat bypass pipes (No CEL) and BMC air filter later on the Evo airbox..

Without the evo intake I ran 60-130's in 9's with 2 shifts and 40-100 in 5 sec's flat on video, car was a monster for what it had, and I dyno'd RWD at 493 rwhp and 516 rwtq!

Wow, that is impressive.
Did the wastegates and Evo intake make much difference on their own or together.

buddyg 10-29-2007 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by rafiki (Post 1426750)
Wow, that is impressive.
Did the wastegates and Evo intake make much difference on their own or together.

Congrats on one hand that is awesome! On the other hand you are now completely screwed! Once you taste the forbidden fruit of more horsepower it is hard to stop!

I have over 730 fwhp and want more!

hilarioushilarious

Zuma 911 10-29-2007 08:19 AM

My advice, seek professional help now! Before you know it, you'll be thinking...what can I sell on Ebay to get bigger turbo's...pimpin the wife....having race gas Fed-Ex'd to your house...anything to get a few more HP.lol
BTW...that FVD tune file rocks, and Mark and Flo are incredible to work with...good choice. One thing I like is being able to swap back to the factory-tune file when I need service...it's so easy.

sdorn 10-29-2007 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by iLLM3 (Post 1426462)

If all you have so far is the FVD flash and the BMC sportfilter, what would you recommend as the next step to get the most bang for the buck? Their exhaust is ridiculously priced, and their K24 turbos are even worse. Assuming you want the car to sound and look completely stock and don't want to spend $5k, what would you do next to get some more power?

Onetime 10-29-2007 09:52 AM

I would try to find a used exhaust. It will make a difference you can feel and hear. They come up for sale all the time.

sdorn 10-29-2007 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Onetime (Post 1427364)
I would try to find a used exhaust. It will make a difference you can feel and hear. They come up for sale all the time.

Two reasons I would be hesitant to do exhaust.

1. I wouldn't want any exhaust that is louder than stock while cruising at 55 - 90mph.

2. Bang for the buck. For several thousand dollars (even used) you are only looking at ~30whp, right?

iLLM3 10-29-2007 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by sdorn (Post 1427381)
Two reasons I would be hesitant to do exhaust.

1. I wouldn't want any exhaust that is louder than stock while cruising at 55 - 90mph.

2. Bang for the buck. For several thousand dollars (even used) you are only looking at ~30whp, right?

Exhaust is so necessary mann... Listen there are great deals popping up on here, look out for the Milltek exhaust, Europipe Quiet, Cargraphic Quiet, Fabspeed Quiet, you have tons of options and it will give the car a new feel and attitude..

You need diverter valves to make sure your boost is always on point and not leaking through those weak faulty rubber/plastic DV's..

Evo V flow intake? Noticeable change in throttle response and mid range pull, might have issues with MAF sensor but I didn't..

Just the necessary stage 2 things to complete!