996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How do you add hydraulic fluid to the Tail/spoiler lifters?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
cporterfield is on a distinguished road
How do you add hydraulic fluid to the Tail/spoiler lifters?

Does anyone know how to add fluid to the lifters on a 996 Turbo? My wing going up slightly crooked and one of the lifters seems to be leaking a bit of fluid.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Here you go.

Last edited by wross996TT; 05-23-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
cporterfield is on a distinguished road
Thank you VERY much.

--Collin

Old 11-18-2015, 10:58 AM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Here you go.
Sorry for bringing back old thread, does anyone have this document or one that shows how to ADD fluid.
I also read power steering stop leak can be used does anyone know specifics on replacement leak stopper fluids?

Thanks

Old 11-18-2015, 11:17 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
mine has a slight leak so ive adjusted it twice. I take the motor and lines off, refill it, then put it all back together as full as I can possibly get it. A good way to get the air out is to put your fluid in a bowl and put the lines in it. Then use a battery charger one the connection to cycle the motor. I do that 5-6 times.

also, ive had mine go down kinda crooked before and I put a little kroil oil on the ram post. works like a charm. sometimes that post becomes dirty, or when water is introduced, ruins the nice sliding motion of it. id try that first

Old 11-18-2015, 11:22 AM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
mine has a slight leak so ive adjusted it twice. I take the motor and lines off, refill it, then put it all back together as full as I can possibly get it. A good way to get the air out is to put your fluid in a bowl and put the lines in it. Then use a battery charger one the connection to cycle the motor. I do that 5-6 times.

also, ive had mine go down kinda crooked before and I put a little kroil oil on the ram post. works like a charm. sometimes that post becomes dirty, or when water is introduced, ruins the nice sliding motion of it. id try that first
I haven't done this before, So you fill it directly into the lines?
There is no reservoir or something holding fluid?

thanks

Old 11-18-2015, 07:52 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by YJosephTT

thanks
You search youtube. lots of videos. here are a few:

or you can forget about all that nonsense and contact me for all electric eRams.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
You search youtube. lots of videos. here are a few:
or you can forget about all that nonsense and contact me for all electric eRams.
Lol thanks Dave but these videos don't actually show HOW to add any fluid.
And thanks for your offer but I'm just looking to top up the fluid I don't need a complete R&R, that would be extreme since they work

Old 11-19-2015, 07:21 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YJosephTT

thanks
keep the lines on. put them in fluid. actuate the motor with a battery charger. it sucks up the fluid.

or... remove the motor, take the lines off, and pour some in. put lines back on. don't get any air in it

Old 11-19-2015, 05:30 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
here's mike911's old step by step

1. Open rear deck-lid with spoiler in down position
2. Put towels/plastic over the engine to keep fluids from dripping onto engine or body parts.
3. Remove approx. one dozen bolts that retain shroud/fan to deck-lid
4. Loosen and remove 4 retaining acorn style nuts that hold pump onto shroud
5. Cut tie wraps that retain electrical wires and hydralic lines so pump can be removed
6. Lift pump off shroud, loosen and remove banjo fittings on driver's side of pump watch for fluid to leak out and catch in a paper towel or rag. I held pump with channel locks for a good hold while loosening
7. Remove the positiive and negative wires on the opposite end of the pump.
8. Unplug sensors on passenger side ram carefully as they are sensitive. They are under a plastic cover that pulls off
9. Turn pump upside down in proper waste recepticle to empty the fluid remaining
10. With 12 volt power source, connect positive and negative to pump connectors. You will feel the torque and hear the pump motor turning, have a towel ready to catch any remaining fluids
11. With pump in hand, slowly add fluid. The Lucas product has a snout that you can cut and place into recpticle. This took approx. 20 minutes of adding, waiting for it to seep into pump, add more, wait, add more, etc...until bubbles stop coming up. Pump should then be full
12. Carefully attach banjo fittings with pump held upright. A small amount of fluid will seep when attaching banjo bolts
13. Torque the banjo bolts snug
14. Place pump onto shroud, tighten acorn nuts and connect wires
15. Connect sensors to ram (I used a tie wrap to hold sensors in place)
16. Place shroud in position on deck lid and snug up the dozen bolts
17. Tie wrap the electrical wires to the shroud
18. Actuate spoiler from dash with key on to see if you get the warning light

Attached Images  

Last edited by '02996ttx50; 11-19-2015 at 05:32 PM.