996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Imolas54
It's says in the thread in which they are selling the 430 headers which you have read yourself.
That is a post from a new Fabspeed employee who has no clue. I said no where on the Internet Site does it say their products are made in the U.S.A. Clear things up for you?

Old 11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Simi_996
Regardless if it is mixed or all manufactured in Taiwan or USA...Fabspeed needs to cleary identify where their products are made, which I believe is the underlying issue here. To some, it doesn't matter...to others, it means a lot. If Fabspeed was making the same product, but some were offshore and some where in-house, you can bet there will be an impact to used pricing later. People (cheap or not) are very picky about where their things are made (food, clothes, cars). You cannot just make a blanket statement that all items are made in the USA when some aren't.

To me, it doesn't matter so much as long as there is proper R&D and QC. However, don't cheapen production and continue to charge me a premium. Would I buy Fabspeed, AWE, or Agency Power products? Most likely yes until the company fails customer support and work ethics. In this case, label and disclose your products...otherwise, people will just assume all of your products are Taiwanese made. Nothing really wrong if all things are equal...but most of the time, they aren't.
Most companies are not going to disclose how a product is made, let alone how cheap they are able to produce it by sourcing parts or labor over seas. Get real. It is none of your business what their costs are. If you can find a better quality exhaust at a better price, then feel free to buy it.

If you don't like Fabspeed, you have tons of choices, make the choice, but don't ***** about it.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Imolas54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Who the hell are you again?

Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Most companies are not going to disclose how a product is made, let alone how cheap they are able to produce it by sourcing parts or labor over seas. Get real. It is none of your business what their costs are. If you can find a better quality exhaust at a better price, then feel free to buy it.

If you don't like Fabspeed, you have tons of choices, make the choice, but don't ***** about it.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
Matty

This is a quote from a Fabspeed forum ad that was posted today by Fabspeed

"This system, like all fabspeed systems is handmade in house, here in PA"

This is not a post from a new employee who has no clue. This was posted today! Most people are not questioning the quality of the product, some like Fabspeeds quality some do no not, but rather a feeling of being mislead by creative phrasing and usage of wording, aka deception.

Fabspeed charges a premium for their products and part of that premium is based on the fact that they lead the consumer to believe and I quote "all fabspeed systems is handmade in house". This leads me to believe that their systems are not repackaged Taiwanese products but rather manufactured and assembled in house. I personally question the integrity of the metals used in Asian manufacturing, which has been a problem in the past.

We all have choices but when spending this kind of money, anywhere from $3,000 - $10,000 on an exhaust system, it pays to know as much as possible about the products you are buying.

I consider the information posted on this thread to be informative and I even ignore your *****ing and try to learn from some of the informative things you have had to say. Whether I agree with them, well....

Last edited by wingnut2u; 11-01-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough

That's the point. There isn't a lot of disclosure or transparency. Consumers make decisions based on what they are told is fact. When what they are told isn't correct, they are going to ***** and complain. I listen to people ***** and complain so I can learn from their mistakes. It's not like the manufacture is going to refund your money if you don't like the product (unless you buy from PBK and this isn't a $10 can opener either).

I'm indifferent about Fabspeed...but if I am specifically looking for a stainless steel American made exhaust system, it better be stainless and American. Anything less is subpar IMO. Otherwise, why even bother announcing where it is made? Why offer spec sheets that aren't true? Why dyno test? Why do people post reviews?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I will say it again

THIS IS NOTHING NEW!!!

Companies have been doing these type of things since Chinese products and foreign outsourcing has been common practice. I will go oven further to say that even the companies that have US made exhaust are most likely not build it in their building by their employees. They may be designed, prototyped and built in their factory, but they often times outsource to save. Their is nothing wrong with that either. If you pay a Chinese company to build an exhaust using the material specs you want and get the right amount of oversight you can get a cheaper exhaust the most will not be able to identify as Chinese or Taiwan of origin.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Imolas54
Who the hell are you again?
I can ask the same of you? I am a Ferrari and a Porsche owner, and happen to know a little bit about a little. Not enough for you, oh well.

Since it all makes you feel better, keep this up, bash them all you want, it will change nothing. I am going out for a nice dinner with friends, tired of this ridiculous witch hunt.

Again, no where on there website does it say MADE IN THE USA, get that through your skulls. A pro Capristo Ferrari owner wanted to deflame Fabspeed. Has anyone asked Agency Power for exactly where their exhausts come from? Says not in the USA, so ok, from where?

Picking on one guy when there are tons of others is completely ridiculous.

Capristo is a very highly respected Ferrari aftermarket exhaust, but for years everyone had problems because they made a crap mount. It is fixed, but just because they were made in Germany means nothing.

We have German cars, but doesn't Porsche have issues also?

Again, the choice is find a better quality exhaust for a better price, or go to what Europipe. If you don't like Fabspeed because of a poor customer service past situation then let us know what happened if they didn't take care of it to your satisfaction. If you had problems with the welds or cats on their exhausts, let us know how they handled it.

This all started because Fabspeed posted a special on F430 headers, and the pro-Capristo guy started calling them out and accusing them of this and that.

I am a member of Ferrarichat.com so I am fully aware what is going on over there. It's ridiculous because we are not discussing the most important issues, quality and performance. I could care less if their exhausts are made on the moon, the finished product is what is important.

With regards to an Exhaust for my 996 GT2 I am still looking and deciding. I am not considering Fabspeed because I simply do not like their sound for my car, no other reason. Talk with a respected tuner, and they say Fabspeed produces the highest performance gains, but for me I want both a sound pleasing to my ears, and performance. That is why I will check elsewhere, not because it comes from Taiwan.

As for the 360, the coolest sounding exhaust and lightest actually is made in Taiwan, and it is the cheapest. What does that say?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
"Talk with a respected tuner, and they say Fabspeed produces the highest performance gains" That respected tuner just maybe smoking jax!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
"As for the 360, the coolest sounding exhaust and lightest actually is made in Taiwan, and it is the cheapest. What does that say?" The stock 360 header out performs any other header... And yes leave the tinfoil on it.. But if you would like to install some crap that will drop the value of your car go ahead. I bet anyone of the vendors would love to sell you anything you want. Install it too. Hands down 360 stock header burns stianless muffler then straight out. BTW what was for dinner?

Old 11-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
"As for the 360, the coolest sounding exhaust and lightest actually is made in Taiwan, and it is the cheapest. What does that say?" The stock 360 header out performs any other header... And yes leave the tinfoil on it.. But if you would like to install some crap that will drop the value of your car go ahead. I bet anyone of the vendors would love to sell you anything you want. Install it too. Hands down 360 stock header burns stianless muffler then straight out. BTW what was for dinner?
Crab cakes for appetizer, iceberg wedge salad, and filet for main course. To drink, lots of low cal beer.

Sorry, but the stock 360 header is crap, and most likely will break. Headers for a 360 don't do much, maybe 5-10hp, but only over 7k rpm. I have a Tubi exhaust on my 360, no crap on my car except the factory headers.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
At least they're not making wheels. That a worse mess than the aftermarket exhuast systems.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
I hope not being banned for posting that, but here are my conclusions about AM tuning in general :

In fact JIM is a pretty big manufacturer for many brands : fabspeed, agency power, DEKA, cargraphic, innotech, and their products are pretty good quality, don't fear the "made in taiwan" I just wish tuner were more transparents with their sources.

eg : for GTR

the jim exhaust : http://www.jim.com.tw/ (click nissan then GTR)

cast DP

y pipe

catback valvetronic

tip (and chrome black like AP)

now deka exhaust :

cast DP :

midpipe

catback valvetronic

now innotech :

cast dp (catted visible on jim website, same as deka & AP catted)

midpipe and catback : same as above, same valvetronic, same tips

now AP :
same all, lazy to find each picture

now on MB 63 AMG

AP :

Innotech :

Cargraphic :

Notice, same welds, same cast merge, same cast inlets, figure by yourself.

On porsche :

Fabspeed :

Innotech :

Both made by JIM... or siamese twins...

Now on ferrari go to see on Fchat lazy to post the evidences.

So I repeat tuners may be more straight forward, now they can play on their support like free installation, or lifetime warranty to stick up ahead the group but those are all the same parts ! Some good sense should figure out, I am not bashing any of the products which are all good quality but some "producers" clearly lie about these parts.

PS: sorry for my english, not my first langage

Last edited by jiaim; 11-02-2011 at 03:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
I can ask the same of you? I am a Ferrari and a Porsche owner, and happen to know a little bit about a little. Not enough for you, oh well.

Since it all makes you feel better, keep this up, bash them all you want, it will change nothing. I am going out for a nice dinner with friends, tired of this ridiculous witch hunt.

Again, no where on there website does it say MADE IN THE USA, get that through your skulls. A pro Capristo Ferrari owner wanted to deflame Fabspeed. Has anyone asked Agency Power for exactly where their exhausts come from? Says not in the USA, so ok, from where?

Picking on one guy when there are tons of others is completely ridiculous.

Capristo is a very highly respected Ferrari aftermarket exhaust, but for years everyone had problems because they made a crap mount. It is fixed, but just because they were made in Germany means nothing.

We have German cars, but doesn't Porsche have issues also?

Again, the choice is find a better quality exhaust for a better price, or go to what Europipe. If you don't like Fabspeed because of a poor customer service past situation then let us know what happened if they didn't take care of it to your satisfaction. If you had problems with the welds or cats on their exhausts, let us know how they handled it.

This all started because Fabspeed posted a special on F430 headers, and the pro-Capristo guy started calling them out and accusing them of this and that.

I am a member of Ferrarichat.com so I am fully aware what is going on over there. It's ridiculous because we are not discussing the most important issues, quality and performance. I could care less if their exhausts are made on the moon, the finished product is what is important.

With regards to an Exhaust for my 996 GT2 I am still looking and deciding. I am not considering Fabspeed because I simply do not like their sound for my car, no other reason. Talk with a respected tuner, and they say Fabspeed produces the highest performance gains, but for me I want both a sound pleasing to my ears, and performance. That is why I will check elsewhere, not because it comes from Taiwan.

As for the 360, the coolest sounding exhaust and lightest actually is made in Taiwan, and it is the cheapest. What does that say?
Totally agree with you!

Old 11-02-2011, 06:23 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by GaFFLe
I was simply generalizing but you sifted through this entire thread to point this out? I know the difference geographically but in essence, it's all the same... offshore cheap-labor manufacturing. I'm not a fan of it so I spoke out... especially, if the manufacturer is misleading customers.

I realize that these days, most any and everything is made abroad (generally in China) and again, I don't like the trend. Kindly take your Google'd GDP figures and focus on typing / spelling correctly.
[/rant] [thread topic]

That's good you know all about it. Tks for your comment! Please forgive me for my poor English! I agree with you about " if the manufacturer is misleading customers." They should be honest about where are their products made as they say so. However I am indifferent about Fabspeed but I do care about the quality and performance.

Last edited by S4corrado996TT; 11-02-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Don't say "made in usa" but can be misleading (458 exhaust)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?