996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
100 posts, 2941 views and no Fabspeed response? Case closed.. Not made in U.S.A maybe Usa China!
It is pretty staggering that any vendor would not want to set the record straight on their products.

This speaks volumes about what this vendor thinks of us and this community. It also reflects how they treated me when I was one of their customers.

As for where it is made I do not care. I do care about false representation.

Have any of the Moderators asked the vendor to clarify the origin of their products?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
I've had a both Fabspeed and FVD exhausts on a 997tt. I assumed the Fabspeed was made in the USA and the FVD in Germany but now after reading this thread, they both could have been made in China--lol. Qualitatively, the Fabspeed exhaust "looked" better constructed, cleaner welds, straighter lines, etc... Soundwise, however, there was no comparison. Drone vs deep rumble. You can probably guess which is which.
At least some of FVD stuff is made in Germany by a company called M&M Germany. http://www.m-m-germany.de/

Old 11-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Fabspeed Follows up

I understand that the majority of the 6Speed community took Fabspeed’s delay in responses to the allegations negatively.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA designs, engineers, dyno develops, street and race tracks tests all of our innovative parts. Fabspeed posts extensive videos and X-rays non destructive testing of factory parts and provides video explanations off the benefits of our systems and shows many of our manufacturing steps and equipment. No other company on these forums shows any of these steps or depth of information as does Fabspeed so potential customers are able to make an educated purchasing decision. Often German and Italian car enthusiasts default and assume the right stuff has to come from the country of oem manufacturing.

Fabspeed has welcomed countless exotic car customers into our factory and given many tours and we will continue to do so. cruise by we have nothing to hide and next year we will be having catered Formula 1 breakfasts and AMLS races and cars & coffee at our new facility 155 commerce drive in Fort Washington PA so all can see how quality integrated performance systems are made for exotic cars.

Fabspeed just like any other company from Boeing to your corner hardware store buys materials and components from various vendors, suppliers, and trading partners worldwide. Each and every vendor on this forum has various suppliers of subcomponents and these are all confidential. No company in the world is 100% vertically integrated in any aspect of their business model.

Fabspeed imports these components and parts from all over the world and changes designs and therefore certain components in order to continually improve our systems. All companies And vendors on this or any forum are and should be doing this to be competitive and innovate world class parts. Continues refinement.

Fabspeed USA for example imports components from these countries:
Germany, Italy, Canada, united kingdom, Taiwan, Hong kong, Denmark, japan and wherever the best component or technology can be acquired. These sub components represent specialty parts (for example HJS German trimetallic 200 cell sports racing catalytic converters Euro level 4 OBD2 compliant) and then certain components are completed in-house at Fabspeed USA by our certified trained welding staff and new welding robot.

Fabspeed has the most sophisticated CNC mandrel bender in north America being used to manufacture exhaust systems along with over other equipment. It is all here and $2mm of equipment is not a smokescreen as some might think.
Fabspeed employs a team of 25+ individuals from different automotive backgrounds that are all passionate about the products we develop, design, manufacture and sell. In closing when you say how can Fabspeed claim USA made.... That’s why we believe we can say with Pride MADE IN THE USA.

I’m sorry to see members argue with each other regarding this topic, so I hope this answers everyone’s questions and concerns. We will not be actively monitoring this thread for more questions and I hope everyone understands that we want to concentrate on our products and the growth of Fabspeed.

Thank you to all the loyal Fabspeed customers who stand behind our service and products!

Old 11-05-2011, 02:11 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I think that in tough economic times with millions of people unemployed or underemployed these types of questions often arise. I really have no opinion about it one way or the other.

I do know that all products imported into the USA in final sale condition or finished subassemblies have to be labeled as to country of origin. Be that a complete exhaust or resellable component such as a muffler.

While not required, it might be advisable to do some sort of content labeling on the website if not on the product packaging. This would let those that associate a particular place of manufacture with good/bad quality reputation or that have certain political pride/prejudice objectives make an informed decision and not have an 8 page flame fest.

I see something like the following:

Exhaust ABC-123
Muffler - Made in Italy or Taiwan*.
Catalytic Convertors - Made in Germany.
Piping - Made in USA.
Formed and Assembled in USA.
*For specific info on your product, please call

Its unreasonable when not required by law to put all of this on packaging which is often purchased in large quantities ahead of product manufacture and may be generic to several products. But this type of information could be shown on the website.

Or people can just make it up as they go along and not call you but state their opinions and lament that you don't watch every known internet forum 24/7/365.

Jim

Last edited by jspporsche; 11-05-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
I have supported you guys extensively both here and on FCHat.com. The issue is the 360/430 headers. Please explain how these are made, or if it is true that they are simply rebranded JIM headers, or JIM headers that are slightly modified by you, explain your changes to the JIM design before you box them up and ship them out with a Made In The USA sticker.

Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
I understand that the majority of the 6Speed community took Fabspeed’s delay in responses to the allegations negatively.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA designs, engineers, dyno develops, street and race tracks tests all of our innovative parts. Fabspeed posts extensive videos and X-rays non destructive testing of factory parts and provides video explanations off the benefits of our systems and shows many of our manufacturing steps and equipment. No other company on these forums shows any of these steps or depth of information as does Fabspeed so potential customers are able to make an educated purchasing decision. Often German and Italian car enthusiasts default and assume the right stuff has to come from the country of oem manufacturing.

Fabspeed has welcomed countless exotic car customers into our factory and given many tours and we will continue to do so. cruise by we have nothing to hide and next year we will be having catered Formula 1 breakfasts and AMLS races and cars & coffee at our new facility 155 commerce drive in Fort Washington PA so all can see how quality integrated performance systems are made for exotic cars.

Fabspeed just like any other company from Boeing to your corner hardware store buys materials and components from various vendors, suppliers, and trading partners worldwide. Each and every vendor on this forum has various suppliers of subcomponents and these are all confidential. No company in the world is 100% vertically integrated in any aspect of their business model.

Fabspeed imports these components and parts from all over the world and changes designs and therefore certain components in order to continually improve our systems. All companies And vendors on this or any forum are and should be doing this to be competitive and innovate world class parts. Continues refinement.

Fabspeed USA for example imports components from these countries:
Germany, Italy, Canada, united kingdom, Taiwan, Hong kong, Denmark, japan and wherever the best component or technology can be acquired. These sub components represent specialty parts (for example HJS German trimetallic 200 cell sports racing catalytic converters Euro level 4 OBD2 compliant) and then certain components are completed in-house at Fabspeed USA by our certified trained welding staff and new welding robot.

Fabspeed has the most sophisticated CNC mandrel bender in north America being used to manufacture exhaust systems along with over other equipment. It is all here and $2mm of equipment is not a smokescreen as some might think.
Fabspeed employs a team of 25+ individuals from different automotive backgrounds that are all passionate about the products we develop, design, manufacture and sell. In closing when you say how can Fabspeed claim USA made.... That’s why we believe we can say with Pride MADE IN THE USA.

I’m sorry to see members argue with each other regarding this topic, so I hope this answers everyone’s questions and concerns. We will not be actively monitoring this thread for more questions and I hope everyone understands that we want to concentrate on our products and the growth of Fabspeed.

Thank you to all the loyal Fabspeed customers who stand behind our service and products!

Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 PM
vip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nice
Well it appears that this is an opportunity for companies to stand out and be completely transparent with their customers as to the origin of their products.

I personally would pay more for a part that was labeled in detail as to the build process.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
My .02 cents...
I have enjoyed great products from made in the USA to made all over the world. I have also suffered from severe crap products from all over like many of us. I guess there is a fine line qualifying at what point you can say made in the USA or not. But I must say quality usually has nothing to do with it, anymore at least. Like some mentioned earlier business is evolving. I would hope we can still keep as much as possible of the business here and keep on top of quality. The world is getting more competitive and the globe a smaller place.

In a nut shell, It all comes down to quality, customer service and supply/demand. This said an honest claim goes a long way. My best example is look what it says on the back of your iPhone. Then look on the back of your most hated crap product. You will see any and all places on the globe

Sam

Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 PM
grltnr will become famous soon enough
funny how people are indoctrinated with the fact asian products are "knock offs" or low quality...

well.. we should now all understand that there are great products from asia that some companies could call their own here. lol
but seriously, do you people actually believe that things are made 100% in the
great U S of A these days??
you can get the similar quality stuff made for a fraction of the price and then sell it to you people for 10x the price.

i think any business man would do this. mod shops are buinesses out to make money/profit ... did we forget the point of business?

ps. the cheap products are only so abundant because there are so many cheap people buying them.

funny how so many people sound like rednecks when it comes topics like this lol

Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Imolas54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Fabspeed, any fabspeed headers made in taiwan or not?

Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Imolas54
Tumbleweed

Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Imolas54
Echo, echo, echo, echo, .........................................., anyone there?

Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 PM
grltnr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Echo, echo, echo, echo, .........................................., anyone there?
JIMspeed: ni hao! we're here !

Last edited by grltnr; 11-05-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Morden314 is on a distinguished road
Just to get into the fray...
This is the growing trend in a global economy. My Ford was made in Mexico, my Honda was made in the US, parts from everywhere. Labor is what matters most, and thats the "made" is usually. If you step a few steps back for perspective though, people would look at this whole discussion funny, with getting upset about this when we have a made in Germany car, with many expensively made in Germany parts etc.

Now the pc term that is popping up is Engineered in USA, etc. Even in item labeled "Made in USA" is not as clear as you would think. The standard that has been talked about is 75% the but nothing has been set.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
vip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nice
I heard that the new 911 is mostly made in Taiwan and then finished in Germany.
But It seems that to some it doesn't matter since this is the new global economy.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:39 PM
scuderiavw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
I can ask the same of you? I am a Ferrari and a Porsche owner, and happen to know a little bit about a little. Not enough for you, oh well.

Since it all makes you feel better, keep this up, bash them all you want, it will change nothing. I am going out for a nice dinner with friends, tired of this ridiculous witch hunt.

Again, no where on there website does it say MADE IN THE USA, get that through your skulls. A pro Capristo Ferrari owner wanted to deflame Fabspeed. Has anyone asked Agency Power for exactly where their exhausts come from? Says not in the USA, so ok, from where?

Picking on one guy when there are tons of others is completely ridiculous.

Capristo is a very highly respected Ferrari aftermarket exhaust, but for years everyone had problems because they made a crap mount. It is fixed, but just because they were made in Germany means nothing.

We have German cars, but doesn't Porsche have issues also?

Again, the choice is find a better quality exhaust for a better price, or go to what Europipe. If you don't like Fabspeed because of a poor customer service past situation then let us know what happened if they didn't take care of it to your satisfaction. If you had problems with the welds or cats on their exhausts, let us know how they handled it.

This all started because Fabspeed posted a special on F430 headers, and the pro-Capristo guy started calling them out and accusing them of this and that.

I am a member of Ferrarichat.com so I am fully aware what is going on over there. It's ridiculous because we are not discussing the most important issues, quality and performance. I could care less if their exhausts are made on the moon, the finished product is what is important.

With regards to an Exhaust for my 996 GT2 I am still looking and deciding. I am not considering Fabspeed because I simply do not like their sound for my car, no other reason. Talk with a respected tuner, and they say Fabspeed produces the highest performance gains, but for me I want both a sound pleasing to my ears, and performance. That is why I will check elsewhere, not because it comes from Taiwan.

As for the 360, the coolest sounding exhaust and lightest actually is made in Taiwan, and it is the cheapest. What does that say?

This is a good post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?