996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JPSJR
As far as europipe, there ok, but when I sat there looking at all the exhaust systems, I wanted something local with excellent feedback, the two systems I saw that most guys have is Fabspeed and AWE. I researched this over and over again, I ear f'ed a crap load of people and companies and it seemed that these guys had the better one. I saw a europipe, wasn't impressed. I also saw a milltek, again not impressed. I look for the quality of the welds and the level of SS used.
Dude you ok? Sugar buzz from trick or treating? Fabspeed over AWE??? Europipe, Not impressed? Drink lots of water and revisit this thread in the morning.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
threads like this make me happy to personally know the guy who sold me the material for my exhaust, and the guy who welded it together...

Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Smile

Originally Posted by GaFFLe
If 'some' of the component parts can only be had offshore, so be it; however, I usually chose products Made in USA. Some people have the nerve to charge exorbitant prices on Made in China stuff (ie: Polo clothing)... I'm not going for it.

There is some sort of special coming on TV about Chinese chips in US weapons (guns and fighter jets). I wouldn't want to go into battle knowing my life was riding on some substandard Chinese knockoffs.

Dear Sir:

Can you please understand and figure out that China and Taiwan are not the same country? Taiwan is an independent nation from China sort of llik former east/west Germany or north/south Korea. Taiwan has GDP per capita/yr > US$ 20000 while Chian has income per capita < US$ 5000/yr. China is a totalitarian country but Taiwan is a democratic state.
Most of your favorite electric products are made or assembled in Taiwan such as i Phone/i Pad/ i Pod. Plase do not confuse Taiwan over China anymore. Thank you very much!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Also, when I ment challenge, this isn't going to be an episode of chopped on the food channel......
How about an episode of Man vs Food.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:27 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
europipe is one of the best exhaust you can get. you'll pay for it however.. i have had those lower priced exhaust and now have a BBI. it's up there with a EP.. for the money i spent this thing will last for ever, and its warranty last for the same amount of time.. markski has one that's up there too, for a fraction of the price i paid. i hate the comment, but its true. you get what you p-- f--!!! fabspeed over a europipe. go through the for sale section and see how many ep's are for sale VS fabspeed.. this form is a great learning and $ saving tool... good luck..

Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
Dude you ok? Sugar buzz from trick or treating? Fabspeed over AWE??? Europipe, Not impressed? Drink lots of water and revisit this thread in the morning.
lol

Old 10-31-2011, 11:13 PM
jindotli is on a distinguished road
MIT is good!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by momoney
Someone Told Me That Fabspeeds Products Are Being Made In Taiwan And They Are Not Being Made In The Usa? Is This True Because On There Site It Says It Is Made In The Usa?
It doesn't say that on their site. Lol, you just won't stop. This needs to be closed.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 AM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Here we go again, hey Tim, woke up this am and saw your post, funny..... Not. Again, go and search or take a poll and you will see that most of the owners on this forum and other Porsche forums are running AWE or Fabspeed exhaust. That's the two most installed followed by other companies. Now I ask you this, look at a AWE exhaust and see how many welds it takes to fabricate one. Now look at Fabspeed exhaust and see that there is a lot less welds and there pipes bent in to shape versus weld, that is why I went to Fabspeed over AWE on this one. Also, since you live in NYC, do yourself a favor and swing down to PA and visit there shop, they are more than happy to show you all the other brands that have shown up at there shop that they have taken off due to bad welds or poor materials or just **** overseas SS. And as far as trick or treating last night, I was in the OR fixing bones all day and night well hydrated with h2o, lol!!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Imolas54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
It doesn't say that on their site. Lol, you just won't stop. This needs to be closed.
It's says in the thread in which they are selling the 430 headers which you have read yourself.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Here we go again, hey Tim, woke up this am and saw your post, funny..... Not. Again, go and search or take a poll and you will see that most of the owners on this forum and other Porsche forums are running AWE or Fabspeed exhaust. That's the two most installed followed by other companies. Now I ask you this, look at a AWE exhaust and see how many welds it takes to fabricate one. Now look at Fabspeed exhaust and see that there is a lot less welds and there pipes bent in to shape versus weld, that is why I went to Fabspeed over AWE on this one. Also, since you live in NYC, do yourself a favor and swing down to PA and visit there shop, they are more than happy to show you all the other brands that have shown up at there shop that they have taken off due to bad welds or poor materials or just **** overseas SS. And as far as trick or treating last night, I was in the OR fixing bones all day and night well hydrated with h2o, lol!!
I owned a shop and know all about what goes on.. Look at all the high end HKS piping... They do not bend anything.. It is segmented pipe welded to make the bends. The real fact is fabspeed is cheaper and made a name back in the 930 days with a all stianless heater box header, BTW look into Billy Boat. They also advertise everywhere! The biggest single reason is that most Porsche owner's are CHEAP people and fabspeed looks good. All shiny and little welding.. How about I throw this out there and really get this thread locked... Fabspeed made EVOMS exhausts, except for the gt headers. Then EVOMS went to MILTEK I do not know what they use now or care too.. The real fact is there is a lot of info showing fabspeed importing items so its not made here in the good old USA.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
I owned a shop and know all about what goes on.. Look at all the high end HKS piping... They do not bend anything.. It is segmented pipe welded to make the bends. The real fact is fabspeed is cheaper and made a name back in the 930 days with a all stianless heater box header, BTW look into Billy Boat. They also advertise everywhere! The biggest single reason is that most Porsche owner's are CHEAP people and fabspeed looks good. All shiny and little welding.. How about I throw this out there and really get this thread locked... Fabspeed made EVOMS exhausts, except for the gt headers. Then EVOMS went to MILTEK I do not know what they use now or care too.. The real fact is there is a lot of info showing fabspeed importing items so its not made here in the good old USA.
EVOMS still sells Fabspeed exhausts, AFAIK. And Fabspeed is a dealer for EVOMS performance packages and EVOMSit software. Seems to be a mutually beneficial relationship. They also are a dealer for Protomotive for the older air-cooled vehicles' tuning needs.

I've been to Fabspeed's shop, numerous times (at least, the old one). The downstairs had multiple lifts/bays, along with work areas where they were doing in-house welding and fabrication. They even have a dedicated enclosed space and wheel for doing metal polishing work. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I'm not 100% on this, but here's my educated guess: Fabspeed creates and designs most if not all of their own products. For some products, they might then outsource the replication of their design to an overseas build-house - or for others, they may be simply sourcing a product and branding it as their own (their "Valvetronic" exhausts look suspicously like other brands' similar offerings that all come out of Asia, for example). For other products, they probably handle the entire process, including fabrication/production, in-house.

They have an affiliated company, Fabspeed Precision Contract Manufacturing & Design, and a recent twitter post was notifying that they (Fabspeed) just took delivery of a Unison Breeze 76mm CNC Mandrel Bender. Would you invest in this piece of equipment if you weren't doing any in-house fabrication?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8uD35VqxYA

So, my guess is that it's mixed, and depends on product.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
Regardless if it is mixed or all manufactured in Taiwan or USA...Fabspeed needs to cleary identify where their products are made, which I believe is the underlying issue here. To some, it doesn't matter...to others, it means a lot. If Fabspeed was making the same product, but some were offshore and some where in-house, you can bet there will be an impact to used pricing later. People (cheap or not) are very picky about where their things are made (food, clothes, cars). You cannot just make a blanket statement that all items are made in the USA when some aren't.

To me, it doesn't matter so much as long as there is proper R&D and QC. However, don't cheapen production and continue to charge me a premium. Would I buy Fabspeed, AWE, or Agency Power products? Most likely yes until the company fails customer support and work ethics. In this case, label and disclose your products...otherwise, people will just assume all of your products are Taiwanese made. Nothing really wrong if all things are equal...but most of the time, they aren't.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
Dear Sir:

Can you please understand and figure out that China and Taiwan are not the same country? Taiwan is an independent nation from China sort of llik former east/west Germany or north/south Korea. Taiwan has GDP per capita/yr > US$ 20000 while Chian has income per capita < US$ 5000/yr. China is a totalitarian country but Taiwan is a democratic state.
Most of your favorite electric products are made or assembled in Taiwan such as i Phone/i Pad/ i Pod. Plase do not confuse Taiwan over China anymore. Thank you very much!
I was simply generalizing but you sifted through this entire thread to point this out? I know the difference geographically but in essence, it's all the same... offshore cheap-labor manufacturing. I'm not a fan of it so I spoke out... especially, if the manufacturer is misleading customers.

I realize that these days, most any and everything is made abroad (generally in China) and again, I don't like the trend. Kindly take your Google'd GDP figures and focus on typing / spelling correctly.
[/rant] [thread topic]

Last edited by GaFFLe; 11-01-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:10 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I understand that the issue/point here is... may involve "false advertising". Fadspeed needs to step up and correct that if it is no longer true. I have Fadspeed and I'm in the "don't care who made them" category as long as it is a quality product.

I used to be an anti-China-made person but I found myself shifting. Many people still think that China only makes copy-cat cheap quality products but that is no longer true. I have been purchasing quality products from China; they were as pricy as US products but the quality may surpass.

For those that think US made products are better quality than China made, in general, still yes; but the world is changing. I did try to show some loyalty by buying a US made car (I'm sure many parts weren't, but they still called it US made)... bad mistake.

Last edited by MY996TT; 11-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is Fabspeeds Parts Made In Taiwan?