996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What do you think of painted rear center console?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
My car is Midnight blue, natural brown on the inside, with deviating carpet (metropol blue). The center is all natural brown leather and in the context of the above is awesome....if you have a choice....the dark carpet (if possible) really sets of the car and natural leather has held up well to my two kids in the back (boys). They know to behave in daddy's car, but they are still boys, so walk, drive matchbox cars, etc., on things.

If I painted my car interior, I have some bumperplugs from Eric....nice quality. He is also a board sponsor....fwiw. Me, I like the aluminum tequipment look....just me.

JB

Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
OK, since the topic was broached, how about some honest criticism on my interior.

Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^to much contrast in color IMO, way to flashy for me

Christian

Old 11-20-2007, 02:46 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robertp
OK, since the topic was broached, how about some honest criticism on my interior.
Paint the vents and strip back to black and it will look just right

Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
I really like your center console lid with "turbo" embossed on it...where did you get it?

Thanks

Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
I really like your center console lid with "turbo" embossed on it...where did you get it?

Thanks
Thanks, I like it too. It was part of the Turbo S package.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I think some of it can wake up the interior:

Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM
kcphuah will become famous soon enoughkcphuah will become famous soon enough
I think I will do just the rear center console, otherwise it is too overly done. Would a silver or aluminum look center console look weird for a speed yellow?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
minimal distractions. simple aint easy. the only area I like lit up is the dash.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kcphuah
Is it too ricey or cheesy? If you have a spped yellow painted console, please share some pictures. Thanks.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
maybe Piano Black would look good if you don't want flashy...

Old 11-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Tom, the interior is very similar to mine. Is that the same steering wheel as mine? It looks a little different without the yellow stitching.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:02 PM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
personally, I really like it. I think porsche interiors

tend to be on the spartan side so the console adds a nice touch (just the center though not the whole dashboard like the yellow one posted)

Old 11-22-2007, 06:35 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Tom, the interior is very similar to mine. Is that the same steering wheel as mine? It looks a little different without the yellow stitching.
same steering wheel as mine.

Damn, I thought your avitar was a picture of your car!!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Oak,

Did you do the white gauge faces? (or are they factory?)

I love the white gauges (and have even thought of red?)

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you think of painted rear center console?