996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally - I was able to buy my 996TT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:27 AM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
Finally - I was able to buy my 996TT!!!

Hi,
I posted a few questions before and I am glad to report that I am now the proud owner of a 2001 artic silver with boxster red interior 996TT. I am relocating from Puerto Rico to Cincinnati so just bought the car during my house hunting trip, drove it 100 miles and now it is stored at a friend's house. I have to say - it is a freaking rocket. It has higher miles than most I was looking at (64k miles) but it was a CPO car through 3/09 so I feel I am pretty covered (plus I saw the invoice for the 60k service - $3k--and the reconditioning done by the dealer to certify it -$4.5k including new tires, shocks, breakes, battery) so I figure I should be in good shape. Better pictures to follow in Jan once I am back in Cincinnati.

Attached Images   
Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
So you went house hunting but ended up with a tt instead.... I like your style...

Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by muker
Hi,
I posted a few questions before and I am glad to report that I am now the proud owner of a 2001 artic silver with boxster red interior 996TT. I am relocating from Puerto Rico to Cincinnati so just bought the car during my house hunting trip, drove it 100 miles and now it is stored at a friend's house. I have to say - it is a freaking rocket. It has higher miles than most I was looking at (64k miles) but it was a CPO car through 3/09 so I feel I am pretty covered (plus I saw the invoice for the 60k service - $3k--and the reconditioning done by the dealer to certify it -$4.5k including new tires, shocks, breakes, battery) so I figure I should be in good shape. Better pictures to follow in Jan once I am back in Cincinnati.
Congratulations on the new car. Did upu leave the keys with your friend?

Old 11-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Afg
Afg is on a distinguished road
Congars mate .

Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
Thanks! - I did leave the keys with him but I think he

is truly scared of the car. I took him for a short ride and he couldn't speak afterwards. I left the car with no gas though...

Old 11-20-2007, 12:39 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
holy cow thats a lot of red. i used to have a red interior in my e46 m3 which was ok but this would drive me nuts.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
I am not addicted to red but this is my third car with red interior!

I also had the e46 imola red/red. Then in Puerto Rico I bought a disposable RX-8 silver with black/red interior and now this. It does have more red than I like but I think it makes it more interesting particularly with a conservative color like silver. Also, I absolutely did not want a grey interior and had a strong preference for the sport seats so this one worked out well. I may do black mats later to offset the red.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Hey, I love the color combo. I had a silver on all red s2000 before. Never got tired of an all red interior

Old 11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Thats a classy combination, Silver on black is a classic 911 TT combination. Enjoy it in good health and at 64k miles that isnt high, I've seen 911 TT's over here with higher mileages and are used as a daily driver.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Originally Posted by muker
I also had the e46 imola red/red. Then in Puerto Rico I bought a disposable RX-8 silver with black/red interior and now this. It does have more red than I like but I think it makes it more interesting particularly with a conservative color like silver. Also, I absolutely did not want a grey interior and had a strong preference for the sport seats so this one worked out well. I may do black mats later to offset the red.
Congrats and I am envious! Don't be so hard on RX8's! That was I just disposed of also!

We saw a white boxter with that interior at the dealership and it looked stunning. My wife was all over it! Agree with you on the grey interiors, for whatever reason they just don't stack up to black or brown..

Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Congrats, the pics don't show off Boxster Red very well. I had a 1997 993 turbo in Arctic Silver/ Boxster Red and it was sweet!

Welcome to the crazy house!

Last edited by buddyg; 11-20-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:58 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Very nice..love the interior.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Congrats on the car. You were house hunting and bought a car? That's classic.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:12 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally - I was able to buy my 996TT!!!