6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   ECU Flash - Softronic or FVD (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/110928-ecu-flash-softronic-fvd.html)

4G64T 12-20-2007 08:55 AM

ECU Flash - Softronic or FVD

I am looking to get a flash shortly. I am running stock with Fabspeed V3 Exhaust, Fabspeed intake, EVOM K24 Headers, EVOM Wastegate upgrade, 5Bar FPR, EVOM Boost Hoses and EVOM Diverters. As I live in the Philippines, I do not want to remove the ECU and send it state side. That is why I am looking at Softronics or FVD - similar prices, similar features.

vividracing 12-20-2007 09:49 AM

You will get amazing service and the best map the first time by using Softronic. Will ship your client cable out today to the Philippines no hassle.

OhioGT2 12-20-2007 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by vividracing (Post 1544432)
You will get amazing service and the best map the first time by using Softronic. Will ship your client cable out today to the Philippines no hassle.

Dan,

Of course it's just my opinion, but I think you're starting to annoy people with your online sales philosophy. Your first post awhile back on the turbo kit was pretty nice, but since then, I have tuned you out. You come on way too strong and it ultimately just cheapens your position. If you want to be the Wal-Mart of Porsche tuning, so be it. But if I were you, I would start letting actual customers answer these types of questions. Or a simple "give us a call and we would be happy to answer your questions and explain our tuning" would have sufficed.

vividracing 12-20-2007 10:14 AM

advice noted. sorry for the inconvenience. will lay low.

smistry007 12-20-2007 11:35 AM

I see nothing wrong with Dan's behavior- he is eager and enthusiastic about his products and his prices and sales have been great!:)

usarugger 12-20-2007 11:57 AM

I used Vivid as well.....no problems, excellent service and great value. This is a forum where people may discuss porsche topics and seek advice. That being said, I also feel Dan's behavior is perfectly appropriate.

markski@markskituning 12-20-2007 12:48 PM

You will be fine with either one...

alexandbella 12-20-2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by smistry007 (Post 1544734)
I see nothing wrong with Dan's behavior- he is eager and enthusiastic about his products and his prices and sales have been great!:)

Ditto....

Saint Ari 12-20-2007 04:36 PM

Pare .. kung ako sa iyo UMW .... PM mo ako.

N Ireland D 12-20-2007 05:45 PM

wish people would write about the question asked not about tuners behaviour, big deal if vivid racing wants to say BUY OUR PRODUCT!!!!! who cares

iLLM3 12-20-2007 05:48 PM

You can't go wrong with either as Mark stated. I personally had and loved my FVD tuning/stg 2+ setup.. Put out some monster power for stock K16's and that's with their tuning being a little rich/conservative, shot flames out of the FVD exhaust, overall I like their products a lot!

techlogik 12-20-2007 08:11 PM

Haha..OhioGT2, if you want to pay sponsorship fees, run a business etc...you should be able to pimp your warez all you want on here...it is what keeps this board running and how the system works. Hence, you have a "Free" BBS to come onto and talk Porsche enthusiast stuff. It isn't cheap to run a BBS. Just because you don't like their agressiveness...doesn't mean they aren't entitled to it.

Also I don't see the world "Moderator" anywhere in your title...

Vivid is alright in my book. Thumbs Up!! Keep pimpin your warez...it's nice to some somebody bringing things down to Earth and the mortals are now able to afford some aftermarket products....keep blazing the trail brothas'...

OhioGT2 12-20-2007 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by techlogik (Post 1546043)
Haha..OhioGT2, if you want to pay sponsorship fees, run a business etc...you should be able to pimp your warez all you want on here...it is what keeps this board running and how the system works. Hence, you have a "Free" BBS to come onto and talk Porsche enthusiast stuff. It isn't cheap to run a BBS. Just because you don't like their agressiveness...doesn't mean they aren't entitled to it.

Also I don't see the world "Moderator" anywhere in your title...

Vivid is alright in my book. Thumbs Up!! Keep pimpin your warez...it's nice to some somebody bringing things down to Earth and the mortals are now able to afford some aftermarket products....keep blazing the trail brothas'...

Like I said, it's just my opinion. I don't need to be a moderator to state my opinion. So if he wants to whore out someone else's software, more power to him. I believe most people on this board see through his spitefulness towards EVOMS. Once that motivation subsides, he'll remember he'll have a business to run. But what do I know....

MidnighTT 12-20-2007 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by OhioGT2 (Post 1546155)
Like I said, it's just my opinion. I don't need to be a moderator to state my opinion. So if he wants to whore out someone else's software, more power to him. I believe most people on this board see through his spitefulness towards EVOMS. Once that motivation subsides, he'll remember he'll have a business to run. But what do I know....

Wow, I can taste the venom in that one!

Jeff

OhioGT2 12-20-2007 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by MidnighTT (Post 1546165)
Wow, I can taste the venom in that one!

Jeff

Nah, just keeping it real. Isn't that what this board is all about. Oh wait.... :D