6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Water injection (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/112475-water-injection.html)

Tony@epl 07-19-2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by MARKSKI (Post 1958612)
it said that "keep it simple" is the best solution to everything.
I rather spend a little more on good gas and not mess with water or meth...
just my opinion.
markski

8-9 dollars gallon for race gas that last you, well however 1 gallon of gas will run your car, vs 50/50 water meth @ 1-2 dollar a gallon and last you ~ 2 full fill ups.

Water injection is easily one of the best dollar for power upgrades that available on the market today.

heavychevy 07-20-2008 03:07 PM

So then what's the hold up?

I wouldnt mind running it for cooler IA temps. But I'd need to know for sure there wasnt any damage (deposits or anything) being done to it.

We keep hearing that people are coming out with something then it dies down. There has to be something up because I doubt tuners would pass up a chance to make money.

Tony@epl 07-20-2008 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by heavychevy (Post 1959511)
So then what's the hold up?

I wouldnt mind running it for cooler IA temps. But I'd need to know for sure there wasnt any damage (deposits or anything) being done to it.

We keep hearing that people are coming out with something then it dies down. There has to be something up because I doubt tuners would pass up a chance to make money.

The hold up is mainly the amount of R&D time it really takes to being quality products to market.

We are finishing up our 700+ turbo kit, testing 2-3 different maf solutions, beta testing ecu map switching, testing 2 different water injection set ups on multiple cars.....this is all for the 996tt market alone, we service many other markets and are custom tuning multiple cars a week.

Keep your eyes open, we will be release results and products ONLY after they are very thoroughly tested and ready for the masses!

unvmy996 07-20-2008 03:27 PM

i was thinking the same as heavy ,its been around for a while now , pretty muhc everyone is using them but the porsche community .......there has to be a reason besides r&d . we all know how beneficial it is .shocking that alot of the top notch tuners out there arent using them allready unless there was something up im sure alot of them looked into it ...would only make sence.

Tony@epl 07-20-2008 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by unvmym3 (Post 1959535)
i was thinking the same as heavy ,its been around for a while now , pretty muhc everyone is using them but the porsche community .......there has to be a reason besides r&d . we all know how beneficial it is .shocking that alot of the top notch tuners out there arent using them allready unless there was something up im sure alot of them looked into it ...would only make sence.

There is nothing up with water injection besides truely perfect gains in power.

Besides having to maintain and monitor a small 1-2 gallon tank, there is no negatives what so ever.

You are lowering IATs, adding octane and keeping your motorsteam cleaned from the inside out.

unvmy996 07-20-2008 05:43 PM

just suprised that its not beeing in use allready you know ? well keep us informed as i would love to have it .. also would you require a new tune if you were to add the water inj ?

RS38 07-20-2008 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tony@epl (Post 1958679)
8-9 dollars gallon for race gas that last you, well however 1 gallon of gas will run your car, vs 50/50 water meth @ 1-2 dollar a gallon and last you ~ 2 full fill ups.

Water injection is easily one of the best dollar for power upgrades that available on the market today.

are there any comparisons done like checking accel with driftbox or 1/4 mile?

John H. 07-20-2008 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by unvmym3 (Post 1959535)

Why do you have to wait until a Porsche tuner makes a specific kit for your car? There are dozens of different meth/water kits on the market that can all be run on a 996TT. There aren't many car specific kits on the market. The boosted Viper and Supra tuners don't sell kits either and most of the tuners denounce meth kits as they can't make money on them and in a lot of cases they take business away from their fuel system kits. Some people fuel 100s of hp on methanol alone through single, dual, and direct port (4/6/8 nozzle) systems.

If I knew my way around electrical work well enough to install a few failsafes, I'd be spraying 100% meth through a single nozzle now. With that obviously comes a wide band o2 and a fuel controller. Any fuel tuning done through the DME maps would have have to be for a specific nozzle size and exact percentage of meth and water.

John H

unvmy996 07-20-2008 06:43 PM

i meant no waiting around till they make a kit i know theres tons like you said , i meant to say till its proven for this sepcific car , we havent heard nothing baicly on water meth inj , on the 996 tt. non of the huge monster built 996TT arent running it . just makes me wonder why .. i have heard that the plugs foul up on these car on meth inj. i have heard these cars are too sensetive for it etc etc.. im all for it , hell i had it on my evo and was awesome .

Tony@epl 10-14-2008 04:44 PM

We finally had a chance to get a car in for some extensive testing. Result to follow very soon :cool: .

Red 9 10-17-2008 01:39 AM

What would likely typical cost be?( if a kit type thing etc)