996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

driver side window goin crazy...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 PM
bryantjew is on a distinguished road
Angry driver side window goin crazy...

Hey everyone,

When I tried starting the car, I noticed that the driver side window was going crazy (moving a 1/4" up and down and up and down...). In addition, the car would not start... The lights and the on-board computer seemed to be working though... Do I need a new car battery? If so, what is the easiest way to pop the hood as it does not seem to work with the remote or from the switch in the car. And is the battery the only problem with the car?

Thanks again for all of your help and tips guys.

God bless,

Bryant

Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 AM
jrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant future
sounds to me like your battery is dead! To open your hood you need to open your fuse box in the drivers foot well, then pull out on the red tab with an open hood on it, or it may just be blank, i cant remember. There will be a copper connector on it. you need to hook up a battery charger or jump box power side to that, and then the ground to the door hinge. Turn it on and pull the switch and your hood will open.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
It would seem that if the windows are going up and down, there's enough juice in the battery to run the motors as well as light up the dash, there should be enough juice in there to activate the elctronic solenoid that holds the hood shut.

Did you try the headlights and see if they worked? If they do, then the battery should be ok....it may be the starter.....a corroded ground wire.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 AM
bryantjew is on a distinguished road
Hey Chuck, do you have time to meet up to diagnose my problem a little more in detail? let me know and give me a call. Thanks Chuck.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:01 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Battery....

Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I think your car is possessed!! Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!!

I'm jk ... battery ...

Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
/Bryant: My PDA with all my numbers on it died....if you call me either at home or on the cell, we can get together.....give me a call if you've got my numbers....try the cell first.

Chuck

Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
My window does that when the door is not closed completely.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:55 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
It is the battery being low.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:57 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
It would seem that if the windows are going up and down, there's enough juice in the battery to run the motors as well as light up the dash, there should be enough juice in there to activate the elctronic solenoid that holds the hood shut.
No, not really. It all depends on amperage and draw. When the battery is low you will get power where there is least resistance. The battery is low. Charge it.