6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Installing new Speedtech(DGI)exhaust tomorrow. (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/124164-installing-new-speedtech-dgi-exhaust-tomorrow.html)

CAA 03-27-2008 08:23 PM

Installing new Speedtech(DGI)exhaust tomorrow.

Tomorrow i am installing my new Speedtech exhuast. I am hopeful it is all that the board said it is. I will be posting my results of sound,aligment and quality of craftsmanship tomorrow evening. I'm located in Orange County so any interested parties can contact me for a in person sound test...

Stay tuned....
CAA

deandob 03-28-2008 03:12 AM

CAA, do you have a tiptronic or manual?

gobble 03-28-2008 08:16 PM

I'm thinking about buying one too and am anxious to see how it goes and how it sounds. Curious if you think the tips center in the holes in the bumper.

CAA 03-28-2008 09:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got my car back today after getting the new exhaust installed. I am very very pleased. The product came fully bubble wrapped in excellent condition. I had AutoSport Intl in Irvine do the installation which went well. 2.5 hours later i have a car that now sounds like it should.

The exhaust is louder than i thought yet i am able to carry on a conversation on my cell phone while driving thru all of the gears. It seems to have picked up some power as well. As far as cosmetics, it fit almost perfectly. One side was off by a small fraction however the end tips were readily adjustable.

The Speedtech exhaust was a definite solid purchase. Anyone that wants to see or hear, i am located in Irvine,CA.

CAA

deandob 03-28-2008 09:45 PM

CAA,

Do you have a tiptronic car? Does it have any drone (resonance at certain revs)?

CAA 03-28-2008 09:50 PM

I have a manual and 2500-3000 rpms gets your attention but its not that bad. The rest of the revs makes it all worth it.

CAA 03-28-2008 10:13 PM

pictures of tips from side profile

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of a side view profile of the tips. A couple of you asked me to post this.

gobble 03-29-2008 07:07 AM

And its centered in the rear holes?

Seal Grey Matte 03-29-2008 11:11 AM

If anyone is worried about the tips being centered, don't be. They are perfect. See my post and photos on rennlist:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...=418179&page=2

CAA 03-29-2008 03:52 PM

They are perfectly centered....I posted pictures of back and side views. Either this exhaust is way under priced or the competiton is making a huge profit.

gobble 03-29-2008 04:14 PM

Don't say its under priced until I get my order in.

gobble 03-29-2008 06:51 PM

I would say more that the others are overpriced. An exhaust like this can be had for around $1300 on an NSX. The Speedtech is still expensive, but a value compared to the others.

Mikelly 03-30-2008 07:07 AM

For the quality, fit, finish, added power (on modded cars especially), this system IS a bargain... There's simply no other system out there that will perform as well at $3000, and this system's less than $2K.

Mike

gobble 03-30-2008 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mikelly (Post 1764122)
For the quality, fit, finish, added power (on modded cars especially), this system IS a bargain... There's simply no other system out there that will perform as well at $3000, and this system's less than $2K.

Mike

I've been thinking about this exhaust for about a week now. I remember in another post of yours, maybe on Rennlist, that you said one would notice a decrease in power when installing this. That seemed odd to me. Could you notice an increase when you installed this?

BTW, this is the only exhaust I would even consider.

Mikelly 03-30-2008 07:47 AM

A: That was not me

or

B: I was intoxicated when I posted it.

Another member installed the system on his car and thought his car lost power, due to the larger diameter tubing possibly robbing some torque/backpressure... I have experienced none of that, and have had the system with my previous Upsolute tune/stock wastegates/Stock FPR and now with the UMW tune, UMW wastegates and 5bar FPR and the power has only improved with both setups. Previously I had a Fabspeed Gen2 that was so loud my wife refused to ride in it for any length of time, and a modified stock system the previous owner modded to remove cat material, which was even more droning than the fabspeed. I've personally not noticed the DGI system drone, but found that road noise from the tires now to be an issue. I'm gonna ditch the Pirellis and go with MPS2s for street treads!

The only other system I'd think about is the EP2Quiet. At over $5000, I can't see it outperforming this system, and the EP2 is heavier, by a fair amount.

Mike