996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GTR beats out Z06 and 997TT in Road and Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
GTR beats out Z06 and 997TT in Road and Track

Probably not what we all want to hear.

The article says that the GTR is especially adept in the twisties and makes up most of it's points there.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Eurotrs is on a distinguished road
I still can't get over how big the car looks

Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eurotrs
I still can't get over how big the car looks

Me too, and the almost 4,000lb weight The car is going to be a monster with some minor mods.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
All I can say is WOW!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 PM
996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough
I am not surprised... the car is a beast!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
What a surprise, another GT-R thread.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:04 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Just another great car out there to make sure everyone stays on their game. Sometimes, competition is the only thing that keeps the big guys honest.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Just another great car out there to make sure everyone stays on their game. Sometimes, competition is the only thing that keeps the big guys honest.
+1

I suspect the 998 turbo will be quite a car....nothing like competition.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
I love it will great cars are produced because completion forces everyone to rise the bar even higher,better pricing,better quality and better performance. Personally i think it about time Porsche produced a GT (aka front engine,2 real seats and a fat boot).

Last edited by Blazing; 04-01-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I hate the fact that magazines always say the 997 came with a 60 HP jump, when the X50 cars and standard TurboS (the last 996) were putting out 450 HP.

Think the 998 Is going to come with a 30HP increase? I really doubt it. Porsche needs to evolve a bit faster.

How about a Markski engine standard? It would make a good 550-600 HP with no increase in boost and would be hoot to rev to 8000 RPM.

How about a suspension that doesn't hop itself to death on launch? As good as they are, these cars do have room for improvement. I'm sure they can rectify some of these with competitive pressure.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 04-01-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
I've never heard of this GTR car everyone keeps speaking of, might need to look into it.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Hey at least you guys don't get as butt-hurt as the 997 guys! Almost all GT-R threads had to be locked over there, lol!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That's because there isnt 10 GTR threads a day over here. And it's not about people getting butt-hurt, it's about the non educated fanboys running from their disfunctional GT-R forums.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:47 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
I hate the fact that magazines always say the 997 came with a 60 HP jump, when the X50 cars and standard TurboS (the last 996) were putting out 450 HP.

Think the 998 Is going to come with a 30HP increase? I really doubt it. Porsche needs to evolve a bit faster.

How about a Markski engine standard? It would make a good 550-600 HP with no increase in boost and would be hoot to rev to 8000 RPM.

How about a suspension that doesn't hop itself to death on launch? As good as they are, these cars do have room for improvement. I'm sure they can rectify some of these with competitive pressure.
problem we on this forum forget is the factory has to turn out a car that will be comfortable for a 55yo guy to drive to work. that would be the demographic of the car in my area. so there are compromises to make the car "comfortable"

I drive to the track full out race set up and noise and enjoy every minute of it, others cant put up with the slightest bump or noise, so thank those sissies!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR beats out Z06 and 997TT in Road and Track