996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

60-130 in 4.74 seconds

Old 04-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red 9
Wow-fantastic Scott. What does that translate to in HP from the known acceptable comparatives? What did their dynos numbers say. Please note-- absoloutely no intention to question in ANYWAY these results!
Hey brother,

No offense taken. I've said many times before that I really don't care much about dyno numbers. I'm more intersted in real-world performance.

Anyway, I see what you're saying. I too would really like to see one of the math wizards out there come up with an accurate formula for figuring out rwhp by using 60-130 times and car/driver weight.

My car made 889 rwhp on a Dyna-pack (which typically reads a tad high), while Markski's car made 870 rwhp on a dynojet...and our times are very close to one another. There does exist a weight difference between the two cars, but not a huge amount. Anyway, that's about the best I can do IRT a dyno/60-130 comparison.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott. That's a real achievement!

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Man, that car is fast, the Z06 is no slouch either, slightly modified it runs low to mid 7's. This forum is a bad habit that exacerbates other bad habits.
This forum is known as the "gateway drug"

Old 04-13-2008, 04:49 PM
TRK
TRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to behold
Awesome runs, Scott... Still underwater though, eh ;p
BTW, Cynthia says you look better in the Porsche....

Old 04-13-2008, 04:50 PM
2bscrewed is on a distinguished road
Very nice Scott. I wish I could Find out what a couple of the fastest true street Mustangs on SVTperformance did in the 60-130 department. Cobra wolverine and Novi 357 are the first two that come to mind. Cobra wolverine has trapped over 160 on street tires and a 5 speed, and Novi 357 just ran an 8.97 @ 157 on his 17" street tires with a Lentech tranny( 3 speed with OD Auto).

I'll get up with you once I get the rear back in my car to try your drift box out. Maybe I could take it to the track rental on the 25th to try a couple different cars out.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Your car seems to be very fast...What mods do you have ???
UGH not again!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:27 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Your car seems to be very fast...What mods do you have ???
Seems?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TRK
Awesome runs, Scott... Still underwater though, eh ;p
Not to worry. I'm a professional diver.

BTW, Cynthia says you look better in the Porsche....
Ha ha...tell tell her I said "thanks.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
Very nice Scott. I wish I could Find out what a couple of the fastest true street Mustangs on SVTperformance did in the 60-130 department. Cobra wolverine and Novi 357 are the first two that come to mind. Cobra wolverine has trapped over 160 on street tires and a 5 speed, and Novi 357 just ran an 8.97 @ 157 on his 17" street tires with a Lentech tranny( 3 speed with OD Auto).
Shane,

I bet those cars are low 4 second cars with trap speeds that high. The auto car may even hit 3's.

I'll get up with you once I get the rear back in my car to try your drift box out. Maybe I could take it to the track rental on the 25th to try a couple different cars out.
Sounds good to me, bro. I trust you.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Way to go, Scott! Big congrats to you and Protomotive. You sure know how to shift!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Okay guys...KPG confirmed it at 4.74. I'm sure he'll be posting soon.

Thread title updated.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-13-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
pjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these parts
That sounds like a bad *** 996tt. Got any vids of it?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
http://media.putfile.com/TT-and-M6-68

This was with his little ole GT3076's (which I purchased from him...)

MK

Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by pjb84
That sounds like a bad *** 996tt. Got any vids of it?

Sure...of my old setup I do (830 rwhp):

Here's one against a modded 'Busa (making 180 rwhp). I was at mid-boost and had a passenger:
http://media.putfile.com/Busa

One against a 600+ rwhp Cobra: http://media.putfile.com/996tt-vs-Cobra-from-dig

And Marty already posted the against the M6.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
So much for the self imposed exile from the "6"..... Scott has to muck it all up by running a record time. Anyway, for anyone that is interested Scott and Mark both had 2 shifts and identical avg long G's of .69 over the run. Very similar power although Scott did beat Mark by 10.5 feet or 2/3rds of a car length. On balance though, Scott had a more level run so would most likely be ahead by a bit more than is shown in these numbers given equal slopes of both vehicles. Those Proto cars sure do scoot . Congrats!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:16 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
The Busa driver says it all...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60-130 in 4.74 seconds