996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone have Great throttle response?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
anyone have Great throttle response?

I'm planning on getting a new car in 2 years, but I like to plan well ahead.
I love my z4 because with its electronic throttle, and sport mode, the throttle responds instantly. I don't even like driving with the sport mode off (regular throttle response) because its too slow to work.

Has anyone here modded their 996tt for throttle response, and gotten good results? I'm guessing you'd up the boost, and keep the turbos small as the first step. Can anyone describe how well the mods worked?

A lotus exige S would probably be the best out of the box for my needs, but I'm looking to replace the z4 with another daily driver.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
OK. anyone have GOOD throttle response?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
i mean...if you have a ltwfw then your going to like what you have...but the turbo does inherently rev quickly...if you want fast revving, get a m5...it revs unbelievably fast...

Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Gt3, instant throttle response and the engine screams. I miss her sometimes.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:34 AM
last bump

Old 04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You can improve throttle response by doing alot of things. Some people are not use to turbo cars and think it is laggy, they really are not at all. The stock K16 spool up fast. If you want to improve throttle response, first do an ECU upgrade. This will improve the overall driveability of the car. Improve the low end torque which will make the car "Go" alot faster giving you that rush sensation. With a turbo charged car it is good to free up the exhaust flow. They really dont need any restriction. When you put on better headers, this helps the turbos spool up faster. Then with high flow cats and a free flow muffler, the exhaust gas will get out faster. All this will change your throttle response not only initially, but how the car performs across the board. Lastly is an intake. Better intakes give the car much quicker throttle response. Less restrictive air box and better flowing filters you will notice those RPM's come up quicker.

So now step up to the plate and get a 996TT and enjoy what raw power is

Old 04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
+1

ECU. LWFW. Good exhaust.

Zoom.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
+ 2,

stock K16's, ECU + good exhuast is best "good throttle response" bang for your
buck. Anything further and you should drive first because their are many, many factors
once you start changing to different turbos. (ie, you can do things to improve throttle response an almost any given turbo. (everything is a tradeoff)

good luck,

MK