996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO GT700 vs Renntech Sl600 twin turbo V12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Crash is an unknown quantity at this point
I´d say it was a "programming glitch"

Old 08-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Said cjv.

Old 08-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Exotic Performance
xico is on a distinguished road
reply to Shank and Evan

First to clear things up. Yes ,I got blown away by Tony in TOD not because of a glitch in programing , but because of a clogged fuel filter that had not been replaced after 45,000 miles, i was only getting about 75% of the fuel to the engine, i am lucky i did not blow it . I would like to race Tony again at the next opportunity and we will see what happens then (he has the ***** to race , unlike others on this board) so it would be up to the cars to make the difference. Getting back to you , when you are in town again, call me and we will try it again. We will go from a stop , at 70mph , at 80mph , it does not matter; do not worry about my car only going 185mph top speed because by the time you catch up i would have had two drinks at Chetas waiting on you to get there. How about going to Morroso this week. (if the weather allows it). By the way Evan (does that answer your question) the outcome would have been worse at TOD even with a good fuel filter and those FVD big K24/26 turbos rated at 430RWHP (i think you have the film; why don't you host it); i could not figure out where the potato was , in the exhaust or the turbos themselves , so i got rid of both. Shank , why not race Evan , i am sure you can beat his turbo.

Old 08-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
Was the SL600 Ryan's?

Old 08-09-2004, 09:37 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
First of all my response was somwhat of a joke and you should know that Xico.

Second, your car is the only one that has dynoed low with our kit on it. We were not given the opportunity to figure out what it is because the car was brought to one of your ten mechanics. We claim 575BHP for our kit, you dynoed 494.50 which is 80HP low. Your Evo kit just dynoed 550RWHP (After a new fuel line and filter) and was supposed to be 620RWHP which is 70HP low (NOTE:This is nothing toward Evo, just making a point)... Why didn't you just rip that kit out?? I guess as long as we were within 70HP you would have left it Also while you had our kit in the car according to you, you were untouchable and beating everything on the street, why all the hate toward FVD all of a sudden because of a low dyno?? You claim your car was running with a bad fuel filter...don't you think that contributed to your low HP number?? As well as the improper tie down, wrong gear and a huge hole in your intake??? Come on Xico, given the chance to figure out which of these many problems your car had was causing the low HP it would have been fixed and you know it.

As for us not having ***** to race.....sorry most people don't race on the street which can land you in jail, the hospital or the morgue. I am not saying I haven't done stupid stuff on the street, but saying people don't have big ***** because they don't street race is rediculous.

As for me racing Shank....I have no reason to. Ryan turned out to be a really nice guy and I have nothing to prove. The SL600 is an awesome car, my familly has an E55 and an SL55 so I know how the new Mercedes can run. Anyway I am just a poor little K16 Turbo car .

Like I said Xico, my first post was kinda a joke, but since you took it to heart and tried to take some cheap shots at me, here is my response.
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 08-09-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Rodis is on a distinguished road
This is getting better

Old 08-09-2004, 11:15 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by AMG ETR
First of all my response was somwhat of a joke and you should know that Xico.

Second, your car is the only one that has dynoed low with our kit on it. We were not given the opportunity to figure out what it is because the car was brought to one of your ten mechanics. We claim 575BHP for our kit, you dynoed 494.50 which is 80HP low. Your Evo kit just dynoed 550RWHP (After a new fuel line and filter) and was supposed to be 620RWHP which is 70HP low (NOTE:This is nothing toward Evo, just making a point)... Why didn't you just rip that kit out?? I guess as long as we were within 70HP you would have left it Also while you had our kit in the car according to you, you were untouchable and beating everything on the street, why all the hate toward FVD all of a sudden because of a low dyno?? You claim your car was running with a bad fuel filter...don't you think that contributed to your low HP number?? As well as the improper tie down, wrong gear and a huge hole in your intake??? Come on Xico, given the chance to figure out which of these many problems your car had was causing the low HP it would have been fixed and you know it.

As for us not having ***** to race.....sorry most people don't race on the street which can land you in jail, the hospital or the morgue. I am not saying I haven't done stupid stuff on the street, but saying people don't have big ***** because they don't street race is rediculous.

As for me racing Shank....I have no reason to. Ryan turned out to be a really nice guy and I have nothing to prove. The SL600 is an awesome car, my familly has an E55 and an SL55 so I know how the new Mercedes can run. Anyway I am just a poor little K16 Turbo car .

Like I said Xico, my first post was kinda a joke, but since you took it to heart and tried to take some cheap shots at me, here is my response.
Evan

don't forget the obvious fact that people looking to get good deals on parts are "cheap"

Old 08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Evan you never cease to amaze me at how well you handle yourself at (19 is it?) I wish I had half your maturity at 19 Its any wonder why your father trusts you with any 500Hp + car.
Most of the ricer kids today if put in the drivers seat of your car couldn't handle the responsibility. I agree about the street racing thing, but unfortunately the temptation always gets me. I just never get into the "Stick and move" thing in heavy traffic, To many variables to consider.

Shank, it was nice meeting you man, You too Xico, Lets lay this to rest. Who gives a crap who is faster among friends. This should continue to be competitive and not negative!

Old 08-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
We all know Xico is a horsepower head and have to admire him for that. Xico's car dynoed 430 to the wheels with the FVD Stage 4 package. Nothing wrong with that because some tuners like FVD are concerned with thier rep and do not want blown engines coming back to bite them. In FVD's defense no one said Stage 4 had to be 600hp.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:21 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Shawn C
Evan you never cease to amaze me at how well you handle yourself at (19 is it?) I wish I had half your maturity at 19 Its any wonder why your father trusts you with any 500Hp + car.
Most of the ricer kids today if put in the drivers seat of your car couldn't handle the responsibility. I agree about the street racing thing, but unfortunately the temptation always gets me. I just never get into the "Stick and move" thing in heavy traffic, To many variables to consider.
Shank, it was nice meeting you man, You too Xico, Lets lay this to rest. Who gives a crap who is faster among friends. This should continue to be competitive and not negative!
Thanks Shawn. I learn from mistakes and try to handle myself the best way possible. Most people when they hear of an 18 year old driving a TT think my father and I are insane...however when they meet me its a different story. I am called a wuss for the way I drive by some of my buddies, but hey what are ya gunna do
Evan

Old 08-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Duane
We all know Xico is a horsepower head and have to admire him for that. Xico's car dynoed 430 to the wheels with the FVD Stage 4 package. Nothing wrong with that because some tuners like FVD are concerned with thier rep and do not want blown engines coming back to bite them. In FVD's defense no one said Stage 4 had to be 600hp.
This is completely correct, however we do claim 575BHP for the kit and it should have that min. Xicos car did not make this mark and we wanted to fix it, but did not have the chance... There are many factors that could have contributed to his low number (such as the fuel, hole in the intake, gearing, dyno, etc.) but we were never allowed the chance to figure it out....
O well its in the past...
Evan
PS-Duane and Shawn you guys should come up here for lunch one day...we can run next door

Old 08-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
I am up in Canada this whole week. My grandfather just passed away on the 4th so It has been a rough week for me. I would definately up for a lunch meet up, or try and get this Moroso wed night thing going again. How does the 18th look for everyone?

Old 08-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Re: cheetas final destination

Originally posted by xico
as a matter of fact i think cheetas was their final destination to drink down the shock of being blown away by a 6 cylinder porsche.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Shawn C
I am up in Canada this whole week. My grandfather just passed away on the 4th so It has been a rough week for me. I would definately up for a lunch meet up, or try and get this Moroso wed night thing going again. How does the 18th look for everyone?
Very sorry to hear about the loss...
18th looks good so far...
Evan

Old 08-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Sean sorry to hear that, call me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO GT700 vs Renntech Sl600 twin turbo V12