996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed! Thank you Dan.

Jeff

Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 AM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
DAN....have you road tested it? The reason I ask is that if you remember the fiberglass version I made for my car a few months ago is very similar to yours and there is a howling noise that omits from it at lower speeds sometimes around 20mph. I had put on a loud FVD exhaust right after that soo the noise is not that noticealble. The reason for the noise is that the snorkel becomes a tunning port at a certain frequency at one certain valocity of air speed. I always wondered why Porsche on there oem snorkel has a gap all the way around it at the base of it.....this is why... to cancel noise. Your snorkel is slightly diferent so go road test it and see. Just a heads up before you release them. You know us Porsche guys can be picky Robert

Old 09-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks for the tip Robert. It has been on a customers car for 3 weeks now about with no issues.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
How much? Looks fantastic!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
EVO - thanks for the compliment. Price will retail for $600 without filter. We supply K&N.

We should have 4 delivered on Friday to ship. If you want the K&N filter, let me know.

Our first lucky customers in line are:
Tom Kerr
John D
LandJet
ChenShan

Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vividracing
Hey guys. Yes the product will retail for $600. That means street price is $540 without the filter.
My wife is an IP, patent and trademark attorney. I can get you a deal on tradmark work.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor
Awesome Robert. Will contact you about that. Did you get my PM about MexicoRunners.com

Old 09-17-2008, 06:54 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Yes, I will take a look.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
I should have these tomorrow. Stand By...

Old 09-18-2008, 12:06 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Nice looking box Dan. Looking forward to getting one down the line.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor
Cant wait!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:32 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
A grand? Where does it say that... Kit will retail with a K&N high flow air filter between $600-$700. Real carbon fiber here and made by a hard working American. We used carbon for the look. We could be cheap and make a fiberglass version and paint it, but that is not what this product is about. As far as numbers go... Most tuners, Techart, RUF, etc stand by the stock box. In testing, with JUST the stock box and a K&N filter, we have seen about a 7WHP PEAK gain. But that is not the point. The point is the improved air flow for constant driving. Road Racers, 60-130 guys, this kit appeals to you.

Sportec knock off? Sportec is the front and the back of the box and does not include a MAF tube I believe. It is also $2K plus and I dont think ANY 996TT owner is gonna want to pay that. 2nd - how can this be a knock off, look at our custom designed snorkel, our OEM box integration, and I also might add, the ONLY person who has done this. There are many people who have simply cut the rectangle in the stock box. We just put together another AWESOME, innovative, cost effective Agency Power performance part We have 3 intakes available for this car, pick one, cause they all work

"made by a hard working american"

that is what i like to hear.. the way our country is going, we might lose all our hard working americans

Old 09-18-2008, 01:48 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
EVO - thanks for the compliment. Price will retail for $600 without filter. We supply K&N.

We should have 4 delivered on Friday to ship. If you want the K&N filter, let me know.

Our first lucky customers in line are:
Tom Kerr
John D
LandJet
ChenShan
I am waiting! But got to admit love the one I aready have!!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I am waiting! But got to admit love the one I aready have!!
Tom, I'll really look forward to your review. Of all the air boxes I've seen, this is the one that makes sense to an Engineer.....more air in, more surface area

Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor
thanks Unique!

Tom has the original Agency Power Cold Air Intake airbox which works very well. This is just another alternative. We should be shipping these tomorrow. Stay tuned!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!