6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   New EPL dyno #'s!!! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/170804-new-epl-dyno-s.html)

basupra 05-03-2009 01:21 PM

New EPL dyno #'s!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from the dyno again with the car. My last dyno I made 565rwhp at 1.2 bar with stock injectors and a 5 bar on pump gas. This time I dynoed with the new 58 lb injectors, and a new clutch (thanks Tym at Switzer!!!) and at the SAME boost level (spiking 1.3 settling to 1.25ish) the car pounded out 621rwhp and 585 rwtq on the same dyno as last time. This was with MS109 fuel. I tried to run more boost, but the boost controller would NOT allow it unfortunately. ALso, the boost fell off HARD (down to almost 1.0 bar) after 6000 rpm on that pull. If the boost would have held steady all the way through the pull I think it might have made 640ish on that boost level. Can't say how happy I am with Tony at EPL and his tune.
The car drive like stock, but runs STRONG when in boost (and it is dead consistant. I made 3 back to back pulls, and they were all within 6rwhp of each other). Thanks again Tony for such a solid tune, and thanks to Tym Switzer for the great price and fast turnaround on the clutch install.
The clutch drives near stock, but certainly holds all this power!!

I also raced a few cars today and last night with the car. One was an STS TT C6 Vette that has trapped 132mph, and I put 2-3 cars on him. Also ran an LS1 RX7 with a cam/heads and 150 shot (just dynoed 550whp and 606rwtq today on the same dyno) and we were pretty much dead even. His car "should" trap around 135mph as it only weighs about 2900-3000 lbs.

Maybe I can talk the new owner into letting me take it down the track one last time.... :)

The new owner (which maybe he will chime in) will be VERY pleased with the car, especially knowing that it has atleast another 50whp in it with some more boost.

Tim

MSCaymanS 05-03-2009 01:33 PM

Congrats on the numbers and no hard feelings about the car. I bought one in Tampa and it's headed to Titan for a similar setup minus the injectors for now.

flash68 05-03-2009 01:47 PM

Phenomenal numbers. Tony is a wizard. :D

basupra 05-03-2009 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MSCaymanS (Post 2370724)
Congrats on the numbers and no hard feelings about the car. I bought one in Tampa and it's headed to Titan for a similar setup minus the injectors for now.

Thanks alot buddy, that means alot to me. I truly felt bad about the deal, but I had to give the guy that contacted me first first dibs on the car.
Congrats on your purchase as well, and enjoy it. Titan will do a great job with the car for sure. BTW-if you can swing it, put injectors and a clutch in it NOW. It won't hold the power long at all if it still has the stock clutch, and tje injectors made quite a bit of difference as well on my car.

Take care.

Tim

vbmw335 05-03-2009 02:14 PM

Congrats on the awesome number. Btw..what dyno was this on? and what turbos do you have?

Also any recommendations on the clutch would be appreciated. I am going with Tial 3071 next week and thinking of the clutchmasters stage 4 with 8 puck kevlar facing. Any ideas?

Mikelly 05-03-2009 02:24 PM

What do you suspect the numbers would have been in AWD mode and on 93 Octane???

Mike

PAULIEWALNUTS 05-03-2009 02:25 PM

Tim
Which clutch did you use?Will it hold the power past 10,000mls?

basupra 05-03-2009 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by vbmw335 (Post 2370765)
Congrats on the awesome number. Btw..what dyno was this on? and what turbos do you have?

Also any recommendations on the clutch would be appreciated. I am going with Tial 3071 next week and thinking of the clutchmasters stage 4 with 8 puck kevlar facing. Any ideas?

Thanks!! This was on a 2wd dynojet. I went with a clutchmaster stage 3 clutch after talking to numerous people and with the advice from Switzer and the new owner of the car. All said, the clutch should hold everything that my setup will put out, and it drives near stock (slightly more grabby). I have yet to stall it, so that should tell you how nice of an engagement it is!! Pedal height is the same as stock. My old clutch disc was actually in pretty good shape when Switzer took it out, but the car was just over-powering the stock Pressure Plate. I know of another guy with a Clutchmaster stage 4 and I think he likes it as well, and his car probably makes close to if not over 700whp on race gas...makes 600ish whp on pump gas.

Originally Posted by Mikelly (Post 2370776)
What do you suspect the numbers would have been in AWD mode and on 93 Octane???

Mike

Thats a tough one to answer. Like I said in my original post, I ran the same boost as I did last time on pump gas and stock injectors when it made 565whp. I don't really think that the race gas made much of a difference at this level of boost, as Tony has it tuned to run close to 1.3 bar on pump gas anyways with no knock. I think the extra power came from the injectors and the new clutch honestly. If I had to "guess", I think it would probably make 580ish or more on an awd dyno at this boost level on 93 octane. That IS just a guess, but a fairly accurate guess IMO. It certainly has enough turbo to do so. And keep in mind, the boost dropped off hard at 6k rpm for some reason, so it likely would have made 640ish on that pull anyways. Its too tough to compare dyno #'s from different cars and different dynos, I just posted this as it was on the SAME dyno and same boost setting as before. So I just wanted to see how much of a difference the new injectors and clutch made. Picked up 55whp!! (granted it was a different day, but it was actually hotter today than the last time I dynoed it).

Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS (Post 2370777)
Tim
Which clutch did you use?Will it hold the power past 10,000mls?

Paul- Went with a Clutchmaster stage 3. Hard to say how many miles it will last. Driving style, type of use (drag, road race, regular street driving, boost level) etc. all come into play on clutch life. I would say it should last a while for the new owner, as I don't think he will be drag racing the car much if at all, and he knows how to properly treat a clutch as well. People that slip the hell out of the clutch leaving lights and what not will kill a clutch pretty quick. Rev-matching down shifts and rolling out slowly and low rpms from a stop will certainly help increase the life of a clutch as well.

Tim

MSCaymanS 05-03-2009 02:54 PM

Yeah I'm going with the Stg3 clutchmasters as well since thats what Titan recommended. I guess I'll talk with Wes about the injectors and see how much more it will run. I picked up dgreens 70mm exhaust for now as well so the turbos can breathe better.

basupra 05-03-2009 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by MSCaymanS (Post 2370806)
Yeah I'm going with the Stg3 clutchmasters as well since thats what Titan recommended. I guess I'll talk with Wes about the injectors and see how much more it will run. I picked up dgreens 70mm exhaust for now as well so the turbos can breathe better.

Sounds like a great setup. DEFINATELY do the injectors!! Wes will tell you the same. My car feels MUCH stronger with the new injectors. Made a big difference IMO. Best of luck with the build...you're in good hands though!!

Tim

flash68 05-03-2009 03:06 PM

Are these with the new Tial 3071s?

basupra 05-03-2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by flash68 (Post 2370820)

No, custom K24's with a Borg Warner compressor wheel. Flow close to 20G's, maybe a little more.

Tim

vbmw335 05-03-2009 03:37 PM

When you guys are tallking about stage 3 clutchmasters are you guys referring to Kevlar on both sides or the hybrid disc (organic and kevlar)?? also are these full face disc or pucked? Sprung or unsprung?

Please help...i am about to buy and the part # i have is 20-934-HDFF which is a 8 puck kevlar segmented disc. on both sides.

I am looking for near stock handling and something which can take my Gt3071's power...600whp.

vbmw335 05-03-2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by flash68 (Post 2370820)

I am hoping to have some dyno numbers next week if my turbos arrive:).

flash68 05-03-2009 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by basupra (Post 2370828)
No, custom K24's with a Borg Warner compressor wheel. Flow close to 20G's, maybe a little more.

Tim

Sounds tasty. :)

Originally Posted by vbmw335 (Post 2370855)
I am hoping to have some dyno numbers next week if my turbos arrive:).

Looking forward to that!