996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan K24/18G - 712rwhp @ 1.48 bar

Old 05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Titan K24/18G - 712rwhp @ 1.48 bar

712rwhp @ 1.48 bar ......In 94 degree heat.

Shipping the car to Puerto Rico for a drag race and finally took a bit of time to get a good tune-up on the car now that we've worked most of the bugs out of the Motec. Our tuner Darin has spent a good bit of time on the dyno and it's really showing. Tony @ EPL has been a huge help as well with suggestions and

We're running C16 gas to keep things safe, but I'm still impressed that the old girl is running so well with over 66k miles on the odometer. We haven't gotten to agressive on the tune yet but will when we can spend more time with the car after arriving home from PR. Track times to come, I'll go get a dyno sheet as well.

Setup :
Stock Engine, never been opened up, 66k miles
-K24/18G
-Second Bosch 044 inline in Fuel Filter spot
-Motec M800 / EPL Motronic ECU
-Tial BOV
-AWE Straightpipes
-Injector dynamics 1,000cc Injectors
-USP Intercoolers
-Titan Motorsports Intake Fenderwell intakes

Last edited by onelove; 05-05-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !

(RPM pickup wasn't feeling well today, so used speed axis)

Old 05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does the graph drop? did boost drop? or let off? I want a porsche now
Matt

Old 05-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Damn that is insane man!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:37 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
That's some crazy numbers. Would this be equal to 590 whp on a AW Mustang dyno?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vbmw335
I would say it would break 6XXawhp on a mustang dyno.
Matt

Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does the graph drop? did boost drop? or let off? I want a porsche now
Matt
We're using the factory ECU for DBW control, we can use the Motec to control this, however the factory throttle body and pedal would need to be calibrated, if we ever want to replicate this setup for a customer we would have to send these off for calibrations which is something most won't want to do. Factory ECU pulled 15% throttle up top, Tony is re-writing this portion of the factory ECU to remove this fail safe and this will be corrected (the number will likely go higher once we get this corrected.)

Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor
Car is RWD now, we currently do not have a Mustang dyno so I'm unsure of what type of number it will put down on that model, judging by other cars I'd saw it's likely low to mid 600s. We'll likely be installing a Mustang AWD dyno at our new location in the coming months in addition to our DynoJet 248 for direct comparisons for those interested.

I'll also add we did quite a few pulls on the car, so the IC's are likely VERY heat-soaked (aside from the 94 degree temperate we had). With more time and much cooler temperatures you can expect much higher numbers with no change to the setup.

Last edited by onelove; 05-05-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
We're using the factory ECU for DBW control, we can use the Motec to control this, however the factory throttle body and pedal would need to be calibrated, if we ever want to replicate this setup for a customer we would have to send these off for calibrations which is something most won't want to do. Factory ECU pulled 15% throttle up top, Tony is re-writing this portion of the factory ECU to remove this fail safe and this will be corrected (the number will likely go higher once we get this corrected.)
DAMN porsche ecu's are to damn safe! lol, that freaking good power for losing 15% throttle! Cant wait to hear what she runs!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:55 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Car is RWD now, we currently do not have a Mustang dyno so I'm unsure of what type of number it will put down on that model, judging by other cars I'd saw it's likely low to mid 600s. We'll likely be installing a Mustang AWD dyno at our new location in the coming months in addition to our DynoJet 248 for direct comparisons for those interested.

I'll also add we did quite a few pulls on the car, so the IC's are likely VERY heat-soaked (aside from the 94 degree temperate we had). With more time and much cooler temperatures you can expect much higher numbers with no change to the setup.
Thanks for the information. Its just impressive what EPL and K24/18g can do. Can you also post RPM/HP dyno graphs if you have them?

Last edited by vbmw335; 05-05-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the information. Its just impressive what EPL and K24/18g can do. Can you also post RPM/HP dyno graphs if you have them?
This is probably as wild a K24/18G can come and should be noted it's a fresh map in the Motec for race gas. Tony has the stock ecu tunes dead on and makes killer power for the street cars in a potent kit form. For the money it's rough to beat the gains/ dollar that the Titan/EPL tuned setup offer. This setup is more of a custom deal but if anything it will show what the 18Gs can do at thier best. The RPM pickup wasn't getting a proper signal today an we ran out of time,well get it repaired and make some pulls when the car returns, simply out of time this go around.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Wes that's great to show how much a hybrid k-24 could possibly do but really you dont want to run that kind of boost and hp with stock internals very much do you?

I run my car on race gas at the track and keep the boost at 1.0bar. have an enduro and two sprint races and if I ran that kinda boost wouldnt last the weekend!!

congrats on demonstrating the potential of the car and your mad skills!!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
712rwhp @ 1.48 bar ......In 94 degree heat.

Shipping the car to Puerto Rico for a drag race and finally took a bit of time to get a good tune-up on the car now that we've worked most of the bugs out of the Motec. Our tuner Darin has spent a good bit of time on the dyno and it's really showing. Tony @ EPL has been a huge help as well with suggestions and

We're running C16 gas to keep things safe, but I'm still impressed that the old girl is running so well with over 66k miles on the odometer. We haven't gotten to agressive on the tune yet but will when we can spend more time with the car after arriving home from PR. Track times to come, I'll go get a dyno sheet as well.

Setup :
Stock Engine, never been opened up, 66k miles
-K24/18G
-Second Bosch 044 inline in Fuel Filter spot
-Motec M800 / EPL Motronic ECU
-Tial BOV
-AWE Straightpipes
-Injector dynamics 1,000cc Injectors
-USP Intercoolers
-Titan Motorsports Intake Fenderwell intakes
Have you guys checked to see what this setup makes on pump? Or do you care? We've been trying to maximize my 18G's on pump.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ttboost
Have you guys checked to see what this setup makes on pump? Or do you care? We've been trying to maximize my 18G's on pump.
Don't really do much with pump around here to be honest, just habbit I guess. Also don't use meth injection much, no particular reason other than we usually have 20-30 pails of c16 in stock.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Great Numbers Wes Congrats!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Titan K24/18G - 712rwhp @ 1.48 bar