996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Precision Porsche - my car...with bike rack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
the car looks great. very well done.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:43 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Sorry not feeling it , dont think porsches should have bike racks or ski racks.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I take my car camping once a year with bikes. The first thing I do when I arrive is remove the bike rack, until it's time to drive back. I don't care for the turbo with roof rack look and it makes wind noise that you can hear with the sunroof open. That said, it's a great accessory and serves a purpose. I like the fact that the 996's have this option.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
where are the pics of bike on the roof?!

I've got the same rack!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
One of the things that I love that more car companies should take into consideration is how integrated the mounting points are. Porsche really got it right with that.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Very nice....

Old 08-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I can't find one with bikes mounted, but here are a couple the two bike carriers.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 08-16-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 PM
toppower will become famous soon enough
Edwin.....what rear wing is that you have on your car. I didn't see it on your website.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I like it. Car looks great with or without it....

Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by toppower
Edwin.....what rear wing is that you have on your car. I didn't see it on your website.
Toppower, I believe that is a Strosek wing. He sells them so if you want better pix of it and are interested in it, PM Edwin and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you a price on it.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Those Mesh 8's are sharp!
Thanks Rob! How's the recovery going?

Originally Posted by WhippieDaddy
A bike rack on a 911 Turbo! What's the world coming to?

Very nice car by the way.

Thanks for sharing.
Haha... hey, we are in a recession... have to consolidate and have the turbo do it all

Originally Posted by buzzm
very nice pics, i wish i had half the ability to take pictures like that

i doubt many people will say the bike rack improves the look of the car though

car looks amazing, very nice ride, your paint looks like liquid
Thanks for the kind words. I'm still on the fence about the looks but it is very useful so I'll use it for now until I stop riding

Originally Posted by bmoores
Ed,

Car looks sick!! Really wish my Driveway wasn't such a slope and I could do the Kit. Oh well bigger turbos will have to suffice.
Ben, my friend, there's always a way to get it up the driveway Although it kills the look of my neighborhood, I have a 3" 2x4 on the bottom of my driveway to get my car up You live in a nicer place so I'm not sure if you want that nice aesthetic addition

Originally Posted by MY996TT
Edwin,
I went thru the pics but paid no attention to the bike rack; your car stole the thunder.
Eugene, thank you for the kind words!

Originally Posted by SWO Daddy
Great cars and great pics! Very nice!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Those racks are screaming for a snowboard to be mounted on them! Here's a couple of pics of me in action at a Nationals qualifier 2 seasons ago.
Very nice! I wish I knew how to snowboard... but even if I did, I'd be hard pressed finding a nice place in Texas where I can board

Originally Posted by adam699
HA HA AH I was just thinking the same thing....and those sexy chains on the wheels.

Edwin
Nice shoots by the way. Take one with the bike on. Hopefully the bike is black too.
the bike is not black unfortunately. I just mounted the rack so I'll take shots of the bike on later this week.

Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
the car looks great. very well done.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by unvmym3
Sorry not feeling it , dont think porsches should have bike racks or ski racks.
Thanks for the comment... point taken

Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
I take my car camping once a year with bikes. The first thing I do when I arrive is remove the bike rack, until it's time to drive back. I don't care for the turbo with roof rack look and it makes wind noise that you can hear with the sunroof open. That said, it's a great accessory and serves a purpose. I like the fact that the 996's have this option.
John, nice shots of the car with the rack. you're right... there is a nice whistling noise with the sunroof open. I'm going to see if I can put a fairing on it. I'm sure that'll reduce the noise

Originally Posted by audikp
where are the pics of bike on the roof?!

I've got the same rack!
Coming my friend! Give me a couple of days

Originally Posted by joetwint
Very nice....
Thanks Joe. Hope to see you at the Mile

Originally Posted by toppower
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Toppower, I believe that is a Strosek wing. He sells them so if you want better pix of it and are interested in it, PM Edwin and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you a price on it.
Thanks Scott. Toppower, it's the strosek style wing that we have. If interested, please let me know and I'll send you more pictures. Thanks

Edwin

Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Is 15 a record for quotes!!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
I can't find one with bikes mounted, but here are a couple the two bike carriers.

nice garage John, what did you use for the flooring, epoxy ?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM
blk996tt is on a distinguished road
Looks great!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:16 PM
G6OON will become famous soon enough
Stunning Porsche. 360 rims are perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Precision Porsche - my car...with bike rack