996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Horn Beep With Lock/Unlock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 03:45 PM
xmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant future
So there is a metal connector that connects to a actual plug with cable, right? The only way to mess that up is to not have is plugged in?

I'm pretty sure that I plugged in the two connectors when I reinstalled the console ( 1 connector is for the small light in ash tray, second is for the arm rest lid) so I was assuming that maybe replacing the stock radio cause the beeping, like Aktavate pointed out.

Anyways, next time I have the console out, I'll verify everything was correctly plugged in. Doesn't really bother me too much, so won't be going out of my way to solve this

Old 04-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Yes - it sounds like you have it right - 2 connectors for the console.

There is a brown wire in the radio head unit area that is supposed to be connected to the radio enclosure. If your problem happened after you changed the radio - that's the one.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:31 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
I used the 2-push of the button last night for the first time and got the horn honk. I also noticed it did not move my seat way back, which is perfect for me since I have never been able to program my memory setting to my key, just to the memory button on the sill.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:35 PM
03turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone ever have any fault codes with their security system? Mine always shows a code or two when I hookup the reader but the alarm and door locks seem to work fine.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
What's the code?

Old 04-29-2017, 07:29 PM
03turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Slider
What's the code?
For HVAC I have codes 35 and 38.
For the Alarm I have codes:
3 Door Lock Barrel Open Actuated
33 Interior Sensor Fault
47 Control Locking Synchronization
60 Central Locking Limit Position
61 Central Locking Limit Position

I also have code 54, but I think that is because of the aftermarket headunit.

I've been ignoring them for the last few years and everything seems to be ok. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Yikes!

35 - Could be caused by a missing sensor signal engine speed, outside temp, speed, or sun intensity. (All used for air conditioning operation)

38 - PCM Error

3 - Convertible top fault - defective module.
33 - Passenger compartment monitoring sensor faulty - replace sensor.
47 - Passenger belt buckle / triggering unit for airbag
60 - Central locking limit position - locked not reached. Door lock faulty or control module faulty.
61 - Central locking limit position - unlocked not reached. (same as above)
54 - Tilt sensor (Alarm system activated)

It looks like you could have a few things going on here. You should clear the codes and start over. Hopefully only a few will return and will point to the right issue.

There are quite a few that could cause the horn beep. Perhaps a reset will focus better.